Shane Wright vs. Connor Bedard vs. Matvei Michkov

Rank these prospects based on potential

• Total voters

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Isn’t Bedard 5’9”? He can still grow obviously, but if stays at that height it’ll be hard for him to become a top 3 centre in the league, which is what you would need to project him as to rank him ahead of Wright. Wright seems like a sure thing at this point.
Brayden Point is 5'9

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Isn’t Bedard 5’9”? He can still grow obviously, but if stays at that height it’ll be hard for him to become a top 3 centre in the league, which is what you would need to project him as to rank him ahead of Wright. Wright seems like a sure thing at this point.

If you have the best skill on the planet (relative to age) it doesn't matter how tall you are.

Last edited:

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Michkov won scoring titles in direct duels against Savoie, Wright, Bedard and Dvorsky (thanks to Germany they are finally talking about him) and has set tournament records along the way. He dominates the MHL like never before any U18 player including Kucherov (I mean, their PPGs are not even close and Kuch was almost a half year older). This is exactly how a junior career of a Generational prospect looks like. Nothing to put in perspective like with the others, the results speaks for themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: kp61c and User9992

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Michkov won scoring titles in direct duels against Savoie, Wright, Bedard and Dvorsky (thanks to Germany they are finally talking about him) and has set tournament records along the way. He dominates the MHL like never before any U18 player including Kucherov (I mean, their PPGs are not even close and Kuch was almost a half year older). This is exactly how a junior career of a Generational prospect looks like. Nothing to put in perspective like with the others, the results speaks for themselves.

Michkov is a generational goal scorer... 100% about it. But I hope he will grow few inches before the draft.
'The New King' is on rise!

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Michkov is a generational goal scorer... 100% about it. But I hope he will grow few inches before the draft.
'The New King' is on rise!

Thats such a Auston Matthews Label to explain undeserved TSN Rankings while being outscored by someone's assists alone. But we are talking about Michkov now. His IQ and playmaking ability are off the charts and with better linemates his assists will go up. This kid sees the game simply on another level.

Reactions: kp61c and User9992

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Thats such a Auston Matthews Label to explain undeserved TSN Rankings while being outscored by someone's assists alone. But we are talking about Michkov now. His IQ and playmaking ability are off the charts and with better linemates his assists will go up. This kid sees the game simply on another level.

Agreed. Michkov is simply on another level compared to Matthews talent wise.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
I saw Michov play in KHL game for SKA where he scored two goals. He had great shot and looked exceptional for 16 year old.

Easy to say that he will become high level NHL player in the future.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
You don’t have to put him down to elevate Michkov. He’s been talked about by Slovak and Swedish users for a few years now, but took another step after training and playing in Slovak men’s league. He was the youngest scorer ever, beating Gaborik’s record. I don’t think he’s on Michkov’s level as Michkov is potentially a generational talent. But Dvorsky is probably the best Slovak prospect since Gaborik.

Reactions: wetcoast

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
At this point Michkov is in the league of his own, Bedard and Wright dont come close.

Michkov dominated every competition he’s participated in and plays levels above others.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
At this point Michkov is in the league of his own, Bedard and Wright dont come close.

Michkov dominated every competition he’s participated in and plays levels above others.

You are technically right as Wright and Bedard don't play in the same league as Michov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad