Shane Wright vs. Connor Bedard vs. Matvei Michkov

Rank these prospects based on potential

• Total voters

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
People are sleeping on Wright. It sucks he lost all of last season because of COVID but his rookie OHL year was better than McDavid's.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
People are sleeping on Wright. It sucks he lost all of last season because of COVID but his rookie OHL year was better than McDavid's.

I think people are also overlooking how dominant he was at the U18s but he missed 2 games thus wasn't the tournament leading scorer and has a more complete game (and projects a more complete game) than either Bedard and Michov who are better pure offensive talents to be sure.

Reactions: Voight

J15

Mar 18, 2009
Isn’t Bedard 5’9”? He can still grow obviously, but if stays at that height it’ll be hard for him to become a top 3 centre in the league, which is what you would need to project him as to rank him ahead of Wright. Wright seems like a sure thing at this point.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Not sure which will end up being the best, but I'm almost certain that folks that rely on highlight videos will come away least impressed with Wright simply because that's not his game. He's not as flashy as the other two, and thus, won't impress as much for Youtube followers.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Bedard doesn't look that impressive right now. Wright hasn't played enough games in the season. Michkov is destroying MHL, but fails to make the KHL... Still Michkov.

Reactions: User9992

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bedard
Wright
Michkov

Centers have more value than wingers. Bedard has more offensive upside than Wright, if he sticks at center. I’d rank them differently, if this wasn’t only a vote on potential.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Isn’t Bedard 5’9”? He can still grow obviously, but if stays at that height it’ll be hard for him to become a top 3 centre in the league, which is what you would need to project him as to rank him ahead of Wright. Wright seems like a sure thing at this point.
He just turned 16. I assume he will grow more. Crosby is only 2" taller than him.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Not that I care a lot about polls like this, but Michkov keeps playing better and better with each new month not even year, while Wright and Bedard don't look impressive right now. 10+7 after 7 games in the MHL by Michkov. 3+2 after 7 games for Bedard.
For the hype, Bedard and Wright combining for under a point per game in CHL has been extremely underwhelming. Still a very small sample size, but if they were what they are hyped to be, they should be dominating in each game.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Reincarnation of P. Bure? :)

Far from Bure... I mean by style, not by skill and talent. Bure used his speed and dangling and Michkov uses his IQ and shot. Yeah, Bure wasn't dumb and could shoot pretty ok, and Michkov if not speedy, has crazy agility and edge work and can outdangle almost anybody, but those qualities are what made/make them Bure and Michkov.

Reactions: User9992

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad