Player Discussion Shane Pinto (C) - PART 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
That was all on Pinto, and he knows and accepts that. It's that he was gambling illegally, that's it.

He's allowed to gamble on football, or golf, or basketball, or baseball, etc. as much as he wants as long as he's doing it legally.

Now, gambling itself has become an issue with how it's being forced down everyones throats, that definitely should be corrected though that ship has sailed.

The team doesn't/shouldn't need to guide these kids with what is and isn't legal with betting sites, they have their rules and restrictions, and they are given all of these when signing any contract.

When these guys sign a contract they are very clearly given the rules and restrictions regarding gambling pertaining to the league, no betting on any hockey, etc. I wouldn't think that they are giving or including the legalities of betting or betting sites; IE proxy betting, as that's a basic law pertaining to gambling in general, not the league. I don't think that is something the league would need to cover.
They should all take a statistics course focussed on gambling and probabilities. I found my one course in stats to be very eye-opening and helpful in curbing any gambling I was thinking of doing. The odds are against you; winning is marketing hype; losing is guaranteed unless you cheat.

Super nice kid. He just moved into my neighborhood. Had a chat the other day. My kids love him!
Is he a "dog" or "cat" person?

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
They should all take a statistics course focussed on gambling and probabilities. I found my one course in stats to be very eye-opening and helpful in curbing any gambling I was thinking of doing. The odds are against you; winning is marketing hype; losing is guaranteed unless you cheat.

Is he a "dog" or "cat" person?
Haha funny. No idea. Yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad