Player Discussion Shane Pinto (C) - PART 2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I get not wanting to overpay him but

A. We have no high-end forward prospects
B. We're a small market team that has trouble attracting FAs
and
C.Norris is still a question mark.

We really can't afford to let Pinto go.
Really couldn’t have put it better myself. We’re building a shitty relationship between the organization and an important player.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I think this is going to be a major issue in the next round of CBA negotiations. A big enough deal that it will probably lead to a lockout.

What do you give the players in return for limiting control of their careers? Even earlier free agency? An ever bigger share of the revenue pie?

You don't have to take anything from the players to make it more fair between states and provinces.

Just make the cap based on their take home pay. Players still get their salaries.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think this is going to be a major issue in the next round of CBA negotiations. A big enough deal that it will probably lead to a lockout.

What do you give the players in return for limiting control of their careers? Even earlier free agency? An ever bigger share of the revenue pie?

Canadian kids are drifting away from hockey like a reverse tsunami. What will the NHL do in 10-20 years when there isn't enough talent available to stock 30 teams, let alone the 34+ they want? You can only watch your local team (and Canadian teams in general) hemorrhage talent for so long before you walk away. If the cost of playing this game doesn't kill the game up here, the apathy within the NHL hierarchy will.

/rant

As for Pinto...I hope this is all his agents doing regarding an offer sheet, because this isn't a good look.

Reactions: Loach

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Lip service for Pinto’s agent
Yeah, either used by agents or the team depending on what they want out there, almost always an intentional bit of information. If they don’t want things out intentionally, Bruce hasn’t seemed to have anything.

This seems like a clear case of the agent talking to Bruce something to put pressure on the Sens.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Yeah, either used by agents or the team depending on what they want out there, almost always an intentional bit of information. If they don’t want things out intentionally, Bruce hasn’t seemed to have anything.

This seems like a clear case of the agent talking to Bruce something to put pressure on the Sens.
Yep. I dont think it is a meaningful tactic, Staois et al are likely paying it no mind, but Bruce will need to take whatever he can get and put bows on it.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I guess the team is looking to exploit the situation a little forcing Pinto to push back. I suppose the threat comes from a Kotkaniemi type offer sheet of one crazy year just to get his rights then they renegotiate a more reasonable long term deal once they have overpaid for 1 year to get him. Not sure what to think if Pinto were to sign that offer sheet. I guess on the one hand it is fair leverage available to him if the Sens are really playing unfair hardball. Hopefully this resolves and blows over quickly before fans turn on him for it. Wish i knew what kind of offers were going back and forth

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I guess the team is looking to exploit the situation a little forcing Pinto to push back. I suppose the threat comes from a Kotkaniemi type offer sheet of one crazy year just to get his rights then they renegotiate a more reasonable long term deal once they have overpaid for 1 year to get him. Not sure what to think if Pinto were to sign that offer sheet. I guess on the one hand it is fair leverage available to him if the Sens are really playing unfair hardball. Hopefully this resolves and blows over quickly before fans turn on him for it. Wish i knew what kind of offers were going back and forth
We have no idea if its even true that is where the Pinto camp is at.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

So like a 1st 2nd and 3rd from a non playoff team type of offer???

We take that and run. We love pinto, but we take a ~#5 + #37 + #69 for him.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
You won’t win a trade with a player demanding out. Just give him his 5x5 and call it a day.

Said earlier the team has been rocking this boat with him for too long

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad