Value of: Shai Buium to Minnesota

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
That's the challenge isn't it? Liam Ohgren I think would very much interest Detroit, but I think that is too high of a price. Even if I do like Shai's game.

Hunter Haight
-or-
Rieger Lorenz

I'm sure my fellow Wilders will fling some poo in my direction

If you want defense prospects we have those to spare too. Just under the impression forwards are more important to the Wings pool

Liked them in their draft years, but the progress they've made is underwhelming.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn
Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
Wings already have an offensive D man coming up in Axel Sandin Pellikka and needed a power forward, MBN was that.
Makes sense, I'm inclined to give Ze'ev a little more credit (I think he has more certain ceiling, more well-rounded that ASP) but if DET saw them as in a similar tier/role then you're probably right.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I hear there were two brothers in Montreal that won a few Cups together. 😉
Unfortunately Pierre Turgeon never got a chance to win a cup, let alone win with his brother. I blame Dale Hunter for that one solely.

Reactions: zar

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Now granted I just did an internet look up of Shai's scouting report and a couple of YouTube videos. He looks to my amateur eye have a top4 all situation skillset ceiling. I believe either Pronman or Wheeler called him a high floor/low ceiling player during his draft. He's seems to be adapting and adjusting every time he does moves up in hockey tiers. I could see him pushing that ceiling higher.

Being developed by Shattuck-St. Mary and later the Denver University hockey program, arguably the best in the NCAA universe, certainly is a good sign. Detroit is pretty notorious for trying the slow bake style of development. Which usually seems to be the best approach for moist young defensemen.

Last name not with standing I wouldn't have an issue at all with a real world fair value deal to go down between Detroit and Minnesota. The Wild do have plenty of forward prospects, especially at wing if that is of interest. Let make a drug deal!

Shai has tracked well as a prospect but I would move him for a similar forward prospect. Not that I value these guys all equally but any of Heidt, Ohgren, Ritchie or Fistov would do the trick for me (assuming Yurov is unavailable in this trade).

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Shai has tracked well as a prospect but I would move him for a similar forward prospect. Not that I value these guys all equally but any of Heidt, Ohgren, Ritchie or Fistov would do the trick for me (assuming Yurov is unavailable in this trade).
No Charlie Stramel huh? ;) Damn.

A Firstov straight up deal would be my preferred route.

Ritchie would be a tough as the Wild really don't have much in the line of right shot forwards. at all. But if he was the guy SteveY wanted I'd pull the trigger on that deal.

I REALLY like Heidt's game. He's be the last of the four I'd want to deal.

Ohgren I think is the real deal and would be a solid Detroit fit. He does have the added cache and investment of a justified first round pick. So probably want a little extra sauce on top. Ohgren for Buium + 2025 4th

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

Ritchie would be a tough as the Wild really don't have much in the line of right shot forwards. at all. But if he was the guy SteveY wanted I'd pull the trigger on that deal.

Ohgren I think is the real deal and would be a solid Detroit fit. He does have the added cache and investment of a justified first round pick. So probably want a little extra sauce on top. Ohgren for Buium + 2025 4th

I kind of figure Heidt was pushing it haha. I would be on board with any of the other options

:cheers:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe I'm not familiar enough with his game, but I wouldn't trade Heidt or Ohgren for Buium right now. We need top six offense more than we need a bottom four LD, and I like Heidt and Ohgren's potential to fill those roles.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
He only played 1 pro game for GR. With Johansson and Edvinsson out of AHL Buium will have plenty opportunities to show if he worth to trade for

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
It’s pretty simple why people try to unite brothers on a team. They’re more likely to stay long term. Individually they might seek other opportunities but if they’re happy playing together there’s no reason to leave.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Is that because Firstov is no longer part of the Wild organization? :D

Ritchie would be a reasonable ask IMO, but I wouldn’t pull the trigger. Ohgren and Heidt would require a decent add (not just a 4th).

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad