GDT: SF - CAN vs. SUI May 25, 2024

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
lets go Swiss, it would be nice change to see win this tournament someone else from that usual 5 ( i wanted to write 7 but then i remembered we won it only once 22 years ago and USA is on ever worse streak).

i have feeling this year is your year, so lets go beat Canada and then a final.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
The battle of Morat is a battle where the Swiss totally crushed the almight troups of "Charles the Téméraire, the Duke of Bourgondy".

I expect something similar.

It was like 550 years ago ... but i still feel in in our blood.

for info : The Duke of Bourgondy was actually so powerfull that he was a challenge for the King of France. This last welcomed the defeat of the house of Burgondy and it ignitiated the end of its powerful dominance, such was the level of the defeat.

Last edited:

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Canadian NHL professionals vs Swiss amateurs.
5-1 to Canada easy.
Yea it’s such a shame to see these good Ol’ Canadian boys go up against no name amateurs from Switzerland like Josi, Fiala and Hischier. I mean who even are they and what could they possibly do against an all time great like Brandon Tanev?

The battle of Morat is a battle where the Swiss totally crushed the almight troups of "Charles the Téméraire, the Duke of Bourgondy".

I expect something similar.

It was like 550 years ago ... but i still feel in in our blood.

for info : The Duke of Bourgondy was actually so powerfull that he was a challenge for the King of France. This last welcomed the defeat of the house of Burgondy and it ignitiated the end of its powerful dominance, such was the level of the defeat.
Wait Switzerland has been to war?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, Switzerland (or the regions which are now Switzerland) fought a lot of battles, especially internally but also externally until they got crushed 1515 close to Marignano Italy and decided it's better not to fight any wars anymore.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Wait Switzerland has been to war?
The Duke of Burgundy had no answer for the Swiss Ultimate Weapon:

1716642640893.jpeg

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well, gotta bring it hard today no question. We've been getting balanced scoring from all lines so far so that's a good thing and the defense has been tightening up but it will have to take a step up for this game. Have to keep penalties to a minimum with this Swiss team, discipline is key. I don't want to see a single 5 on 3 or dumb five minute major from us today, not one!!

Roll four lines, wear them down that way with a hard forecheck and take advantage of the opportunities you can squeeze out.

Should be a good game.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
sure, but the usually don't destroy teams in the medal rounds and I very much doubt they will do that today against this Swiss team.

If that was an attempt at a jinx it is easy to spot.

I am cheering for Canada actually. I am no fan of the Swiss.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad