Proposal: Severson and Tatar to Tampa Bay Lightning

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I like Tuna a lot, but he has been benched his last two playoff runs. So not sure why he would be a target for a playoff bound team unless they really lacked depth at W.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
As a devils fan , if we cannot move Tatar , I’d try to move Johnson then .
Nothing wrong with Tatar and Johnson but we have too many of those style of players. I’d like to let those two plus Zacha and even Sharangovich go and add players in the style of Palat , Niskuchkin , Crouse , Marchment etc, realsistically. Dream world are wingers like the Tkachuk brothers , Tim Wilson but those are unicorns and woild be worth $$$$$$$$

Reactions: Bet the Over

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
To Tampa:
Damon Severson
Tomas Tatar (50% retained salary)
2022 4th round pick

To NJD:
2022 1st round pick
2023 1st round pick
Andrej Sustr
I don't see the Lightning having interest in moving 2 first round picks in this type of deal. Cap doesn't work either, but the Lightning have traded away their first round pick in 2021, 2020 (2 firsts including the one they got in the Miller Trade), and 2018. As much as the Lightning are in win now mode, I can't see them wanting to move 6 first round picks over 6 seasons.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If they had a good feeling that the trade will put them over the top ,I can see them trading their 1st round picks. However , I don’t think this trade does that for them.
Severson at max retention maybe . But no point in Tatar. He doesn’t move the needle enough to warrant giving up assets for a playoff run . His game is not really suited for that style of play.
Severson at max retention on the other hand woild be a very good add if you consider the value . Two playoff runs with him at that salary is perfect for a team that’s a contender yet close to the cap.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
No thanks, none of these produce like a 1 picks, Tatar and Severson are both 2 picks.
Sure Tampa will have more use for their 1 picks in the future.

Disagree on Severson, he's a top 4 defender on a 48 point pace, you get him for two playoff runs at a $2 million price tag. I don't think there's a better upgrade out there than that.

Tatar I do agree, I actually don't think he's even worth a 2nd round pick.

How is this proposal?

Severson @ 50% ($2.1 million cap hit for Tampa, this year and next)
Sharangovich @ 50% ($1 million cap hit for Tampa, this year and next)

for

2022, 2023 1st round pick
Jack Thompson

Sharangovich is only 23 and is an arbitration eligible RFA at the end of his contract in 2023. TB can either extend him or recoup assets at that point.

NJ might have to take salary back to make it work, not sure what that looks like.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
As a devils fan , if we cannot move Tatar , I’d try to move Johnson then .
Nothing wrong with Tatar and Johnson but we have too many of those style of players. I’d like to let those two plus Zacha and even Sharangovich go and add players in the style of Palat , Niskuchkin , Crouse , Marchment etc, realsistically. Dream world are wingers like the Tkachuk brothers , Tim Wilson but those are unicorns and woild be worth $$$$$$$$

I think Sharangovich becomes one of the players you suggest (Niskuchkin -UFA , Crouse , Marchment-UFA)
Now, I think Fitz should heavily chase those 2 FAs for all the reasons you mention.
AZ has a lot of FAs upcoming and a bunch of picks, they are going to need bodies, does a quality (Crouse) for qty (young prospects not able to crack lineup or depth players we have in spades) make any sense? They need to put a team out there and its been a bit of a shiteshow in the desert (no offense Yotes fans)
Do we consider but left and right D in the off-season? Its coming with the youngsters but 2 more years is a long way off to be competitive
I am hoping they get one of the top RHD in this draft and supplement even more later in the draft as well
I don't even consider the unicorns

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I think Sharangovich becomes one of the players you suggest (Niskuchkin -UFA , Crouse , Marchment-UFA)
Now, I think Fitz should heavily chase those 2 FAs for all the reasons you mention.
AZ has a lot of FAs upcoming and a bunch of picks, they are going to need bodies, does a quality (Crouse) for qty (young prospects not able to crack lineup or depth players we have in spades) make any sense? They need to put a team out there and its been a bit of a shiteshow in the desert (no offense Yotes fans)
Do we consider but left and right D in the off-season? Its coming with the youngsters but 2 more years is a long way off to be competitive
I am hoping they get one of the top RHD in this draft and supplement even more later in the draft as well
I don't even consider the unicorns
Hard to know what to do with this draft. If Slafkovsky is still there when the Devils pick , do,you take him or Jiricek / Nemec ?

Anyways , Severson at max retention would create a bidding war.
Adding a top 4 RHD that can contribute offensively for 2 mil and two playoff runs? Come on people. That would have a few teams interested in that .

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Disagree on Severson, he's a top 4 defender on a 48 point pace, you get him for two playoff runs at a $2 million price tag. I don't think there's a better upgrade out there than that.

Tatar I do agree, I actually don't think he's even worth a 2nd round pick.

How is this proposal?

Severson @ 50% ($2.1 million cap hit for Tampa, this year and next)
Sharangovich @ 50% ($1 million cap hit for Tampa, this year and next)

for

2022, 2023 1st round pick
Jack Thompson

Sharangovich is only 23 and is an arbitration eligible RFA at the end of his contract in 2023. TB can either extend him or recoup assets at that point.

NJ might have to take salary back to make it work, not sure what that looks like.
I just don't see any reason why the Devils would trade Sharangovich for the picks.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I just don't see any reason why the Devils would trade Sharangovich for the picks.

Devils have Holtz, Gritsyuk, Foote, Clarke, and Zetterlund, and quite likely they add another impact winger with their 1st round pick this year. Along with established wingers Bratt and Mercer, they should be quite deep at the position, and Shara's middle six upside and super cheap contract (after retention) would be valuable to TB.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Devils have Holtz, Gritsyuk, Foote, Clarke, and Zetterlund, and quite likely they add another impact winger with their 1st round pick this year. Along with established wingers Bratt and Mercer, they should be quite deep at the position, and Shara's middle six upside and super cheap contract (after retention) would be valuable to TB.
Only Holtz can replace Sharangovich's production, and I'm not sure if he is ready next season. Those other guys are likely bottom 6 players or they (mainly Gritsyuk) aren't ready in a couple of years. And it's uncertain if Fitz can get a good TOP6 forward this year.

Sharangovich is a cheap, young forward who has potential to be a 30 goal scorer. I just think it would be stupid to trade him for a late first round pick.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I don't know why any team would be interested in Tatar for the playoffs. They're definitely not his thing.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Hard to know what to do with this draft. If Slafkovsky is still there when the Devils pick , do,you take him or Jiricek / Nemec ?

Anyways , Severson at max retention would create a bidding war.
Adding a top 4 RHD that can contribute offensively for 2 mil and two playoff runs? Come on people. That would have a few teams interested in that .
Interested? Yes absolutely. Willing to part with this years and next years 1st round picks.........that reduces the number drastically.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Tatar doesn't do anything for TB,
Severson for a 1st and Cal Foote assuming TB can find someone to LTIR

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I am changing the original proposal based on responses.

New proposal

To Tampa:
Damon Severson @ 50% retained salary (2.08 million cap hit)

To NJD:
2022 1st round pick
2023 1st round pick
Cal Foote

Last edited:

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I am changing the original proposal based on responses.

New proposal

To Tampa:
Damon Severson @ 50% retained salary (2.08 million cap hit)

To NJD:
2022 1st round pick
2023 1st round pick
Cal Foote
Seems like too much for Severson. Good player, not 2 1sts and a decent prospect good, even at 50%

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad