WJC: Several Swedish players and coaches suspended for their conduct during WJC medal ceremonies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Yet another reminder that Gretzky's speech in 2002 was spot on.

The Executive Director of the Olympic team whining to the media "Oh poor us! American propaganda!"? Gretzky's speech exemplifies my point.

If Wayne was Swedish you'd probably criticize him for an immature and bad attitude, because Swedes aren't the 'right' nationality.

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Executive Director of the Olympic team whining to the media "Oh poor us! American propaganda!"? Gretzky's speech exemplifies my point.

If Wayne was Swedish you'd probably criticize him for an immature and bad attitude, because Swedes aren't the 'right' nationality.

It was nice to win the whole thing after all of the schadenfreude by Europeans earlier in the tournament.

Reactions: jj cale

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
How we are painting countries pointing to a singular reaction by one young player here and there seems pretty stupid to me. Regardless of country.

It's the "we (insert nationality) are more righteous than them!'" mentality one would hope is fizzling out with the boomers. But alas.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Its always the same two Canadian posters here, ranting sanctimoniously over Sweden or other Europeans with their hollier than thao attitude, yeah I know my spelling is not 100%, bring it on, attack that/me too..

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
You think you needed to post a link to wilkipedia showing the team Canada sex assault scandal as if I hadn't somehow heard of that? jesus

Sometimes we don't take responsibility.............and I'm not down for that either.

But somehow you thought you read my mind and told me what I think abut Canada's misdeeds.

And despite what Canada has done wrong and they have indeed done wrong at times ( which I have also criticized in Team Canada threads)...........how would that make what he did somehow right? How does that make him out of bounds for criticism?

It was textbook bad sportsmanship, I'm sure as reasonable people we can all agree it was. To just say we should fluff it off and take a" nothing to see here" approach because of where the player is from or that he is 17 is silly.

Of course some people are going to call stuff like that out.
He always makes this point as if its some sorta "gotcha" moment and as if Hockey Canada didnt get absolutely railed in hearings by our own federal government and lost billions of dollars, and like the players allegedly responsible arent facing a mass trial as a result. Its embarassing lol.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Its always the same two Canadian posters here, ranting sanctimoniously over Sweden or other Europeans with their hollier than thao attitude, yeah I know my spelling is not 100%, bring it on, attack that/me too..
You can love your own guys without casting shade on other countries players. As an Oiler's fan I love Swedes.

d3zfaxdhpvino0g8wzou.jpg

edmonton-oilers-forward-mattias-janmark-1-6463248-1688149469822.jpg

qci89zxsqpmsawbcuo5n.jpeg

Reactions: Czechboy and Snauen

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
And it's always the same 20-30 guys who wail about anything Canada and have an attitude of" we don't do anything wrong" when it comes to their own teams based on nothing more then getting their hearts broken for too many years by Canada.

And that's a fact.

WayTooCold

Jun 9, 2023
The King of Sweden should give his sincerest apologizes to the people of Canada.
Maybe we could finally move on.
It's was a disgusting move to throw a 2nd place participation medal to the stands.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Dangerous too. What if the medal hit a spectator in the eye? Instant blindness!

The King of Sweden needs to make a law requiring every Swede to learn this song. Only then can our sport move beyond this horrible stain on its integrity.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
It was nice to win the whole thing after all of the schadenfreude by Europeans earlier in the tournament.

Schadenfreude? Gretzky purposely used a victimhood mentality to rally the troops. Meanwhile in the real world the Canadian press was the main entity criticizing the team. And Bill McCreary reffed the game that Gretz said was so unfair to Canada. But whatever. Gotta keep the myth going. lololol

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Wasnt this the same canadian team who got players arrested?

What the hell are you talking about?

Schadenfreude? Gretzky purposely used a victimhood mentality to rally the troops. Meanwhile in the real world the Canadian press was the main entity criticizing the team. And Bill McCreary reffed the game that Gretz said was so unfair to Canada. But whatever. Gotta keep the myth going. lololol

He wasn’t talking about the officiating.

I see it every time Canada loses on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad