Proposal: Seth Jones to Leafs @ 50% retained for 2024 first, Nic Robertson, Fraser Minten

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Expecting to get flamed here, but Leafs are entering a desperation mode and the market for RHD stud D is thin, Jones is no where near the value of his current pay status, but that is another point. On the upside, he is big, can skate, can hit, and is moderately good on both sides of the puck. He is 29. Not sure how many years left on this contract, and does he have Canada on his no trade list. Do the Leafs add? Throw in Timmins as money out, I would love to add Samsonov, but me thinks that contract ain't goin nowhere. Thoughts??

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Any GM who commits to holding that much salary for that length of time should be selling used cars instead of being a GM. The only way you do that is to clearly win the deal. You want to trade me McDavid and I need to hold 50 % of whoever for 6 years to make it work. Yes, I do that. It's not realistic but there's enough other reasons to make it worth it. This proposal doesn't make it worth it.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Expecting to get flamed here, but Leafs are entering a desperation mode and the market for RHD stud D is thin, Jones is no where near the value of his current pay status, but that is another point. On the upside, he is big, can skate, can hit, and is moderately good on both sides of the puck. He is 29. Not sure how many years left on this contract, and does he have Canada on his no trade list. Do the Leafs add? Throw in Timmins as money out, I would love to add Samsonov, but me thinks that contract ain't goin nowhere. Thoughts??

do the math…

Toronto gave a 1st for rentention on McCAbe. How much salary did they eat. Look at that real dollar amount Chicago pays. How much real dollars is Seth owed at at 50%. Hoe many multiples of McCabe equals that many more first rounders are required.

do the math…

Toronto gave a 1st for rentention on McCAbe. How much salary did they eat. Look at that real dollar amount Chicago pays. How much real dollars is Seth owed at at 50%. Hoe many multiples of McCabe equals that many more first rounders are required.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
do the math…

do the math…

“Real dollars” doesn’t matter to Chicago as much as you think. Cap space is more valuable over the long haul

Ledge And Dairy

“Real dollars” doesn’t matter to Chicago as much as you think. Cap space is more valuable over the long haul
We're talking about over 30 million being burned here. Even for a Billionaire owner like Danny Wirtz that is nothing to scoff at. Jones is a positive impact player on the Hawks. Imagine going to Danny and saying "Hey we need you to pay him one of our biggest investments, who has been good for us 30M to play for another team but in return we will get a few lottery tickets." You would look like a lunatic

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
do the math…

different time, different cap and different GM's.. please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad