Seriously, who REALLY has a chance against the Pens?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
If the 2009 Red Wings couldn't repeat, then let's hold our horses before we crown Pittsburgh prematurely.

What if they have a '96 Florida/2013 Boston relapse in round 3?

Nothing is guaranteed in the playoffs.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Whoever plays them in the 2nd round next season.

That's my prediction. I think they win it again this season.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Like you can still cheer on your team, but man who matches up to those forwards and that offense? I can see the pens taking down any of remaining teams in 4 or 5.

I'm so glad I have your permission to still cheer for my team, thanks BO55...Without your consent, most teams wouldn't even have fans to cheer for them...Lol :shakehead

Obi-wan-talbot you're our only hope!

You know it! #NOT:scared:

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Don't think anyone in the East can match them if they get through Washington. Had Boston or Montreal won, I could have seen it. But no disrespect to Ottawa and the Rangers, but neither of them are good enough.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Oilers are slow. Lucic, Eberle, RNH, Maroon, Benning, Russell, Larsson.
All are below average. They would get torched. Out skated by a Fossil Shark team and a young Ducks team. Brutal.

Apparently I have not been watching the NHL versions of those series.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
All are below average. They would get torched. Out skated by a Fossil Shark team and a young Ducks team. Brutal.

Yeah I'd like to see Pit defence not get torched by McDavid. There's not a single Dman on that team that wouldn't get burned. Oilers play a very tight team D now, nothing like you have been playing so far. Also maybe watch the Oilers before commenting, Lucic and Maroon are slow but the rest of those names are not below average skaters. Sorry.

victor

Sep 6, 2003

???

Ask the Sharks or Ducks fans if Edmonton is a slow team. I'd really like to hear their replies.

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
Yeah I'd like to see Pit defence not get torched by McDavid. There's not a single Dman on that team that wouldn't get burned. Oilers play a very tight team D now, nothing like you have been playing so far. Also maybe watch the Oilers before commenting, Lucic and Maroon are slow but the rest of those names are not below average skaters. Sorry.

Watched all but one game so far (work).

Eberle is soft and slow. Lucic is only fast if he gets 10 years to wind-up. RNH is average. Maroon is VERY SLOW. Benning gets beat out routinely. Russell as well. Larsson would too be he's amazing.

Oiler fan, just keeping it real. :popcorn:

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

Schultz is going to be in the Norris conversation next year when he pots 85pts, he's the better version of Letang. Nothing like Pitts has played? West is old hat, Metro teams are the new superpowers... :sarcasm:

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
???

Ask the Sharks or Ducks fans if Edmonton is a slow team. I'd really like to hear their replies.

I would like to as well. Especially Phu. Remember when Thornton (who's basically dead) beat out Oilers to the puck? Laughable.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
I think the only team left who could make it difficult is Nashville.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
Like others have been saying, yeah Pitt is very good, but quite honestly their opposition goalies have been playing like **** and MAF has been excellent. Get a series where the opposing goalie is hot or even if both are "average" and things could be very different.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Nobody. As long as MAF continues to play at a Vezina level the Cup's as good as theirs.

Just end the playoffs. It's over. We're done here.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
???

Let's ask Phu what he thinks. He usually has insightful comments, and he's very knowledgeable about injuries

Watched all but one game so far (work).

Eberle is soft and slow. Lucic is only fast if he gets 10 years to wind-up. RNH is average. Maroon is VERY SLOW. Benning gets beat out routinely. Russell as well. Larsson would too be he's amazing.

Oiler fan, just keeping it real. :popcorn:

Would prefer a retroactive trade for Davidson, and get Gryba in there ffs! He's one of our better position players.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
If Ottawa makes it through i think we could see a very interesting series. I know i am bias but something feel special around this Ottawa team to me.

Logically i don't think we have any chance vs the pens but at the same time i find myself not worried. I am oddly(considering he is basically on one leg) confident Karlsson can carry us through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad