Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
There's always CHED and Cam Moon. I haven't tried syncing them together but someone here commented that it was easy to do. Not sure if Jack Michaels still takes Cam's place though when he's not on TV.

Jacks on CHED for the playoffs. So I’m listening to CHED and CBC goes on mute.

Going to game 4 in LA and hoping it's a series clinching game for the Oilers.

Awesome! I did Games 3 & 4 last year and Game 3 was a blast - Game 4 not so much. Have a great time!

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
It's because the guy is Indian. Beginning to think theres an agenda here hating that an Indian dude who has proclaimed on many occasions he was a fan of the Oilers is hated so much by so many Oiler fans for simply calling games. Better then listening to Homer's from Toronto, Montreal and former Oiler Craig the tool Simpson trying to hide their excitement everytime the Leafs do something of any relevance. Singh at least tries to brag about the Oilers without really sounding too Homer. Yes he butchers the name sometimes... but have you heard the way some American announcers butcher stats ? Ffs there was a ESPN broadcast the other day comparing the Kings favourably to the Oilers because they have better depth and goaltending.

There's an agenda for some fans unfortunately. Can't wait till more Indians and people of minority take over all these broadcasts. I for one would love it ! No one can compare to prime Bob Cole .. so why jump around like idiots about it. There isn't a new Bob Cole coming anytime soon.

No.

It is 110% not because of his cultural background. I love that he has broken through and has a full time gig. Full respect.

I just don’t like the way he calls a game at all.

Reactions: TB12

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
I think this years iteration is better equipped to dispose of the Kings in less games. This Oilers team has more depth and shored up on the defensive end with Ekholm allowing everyone one to slot in their proper lines.

The PP is even more lethal this year, Drai and Nurse are healthier, and Oilers have demonstrated they are comfortable playing in defensive focused 1 goal games.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
There's always CHED and Cam Moon. I haven't tried syncing them together but someone here commented that it was easy to do. Not sure if Jack Michaels still takes Cam's place though when he's not on TV.
If I could sink it up then I would absolutely do that. I dont mind Cam Moon.

Although now that the playoffs are here its going to be full time Jack on CHED so an alternate video feed would be ideal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Fantastic

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
There is a lot of attention around Mcdavid and the Oilers right now and a lot of people talking about them as contenders but the work still has to be done. Can’t win it with hype.

They’ve been looking real good coming in and I like that they are taking practice with pace. Part of the process of winning championships is realizing that there’s no wading into these moments. Gotta be ready because puck drop gm 1 the pace, physicality and execution all go way up.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
There is a lot of attention around Mcdavid and the Oilers right now and a lot of people talking about them as contenders but the work still has to be done. Can’t win it with hype.

They’ve been looking real good coming in and I like that they are taking practice with pace. Part of the process of winning championships is realizing that there’s no wading into these moments. Gotta be ready because puck drop gm 1 the pace, physicality and execution all go way up.
Game 1 starts Monday, everything else that predates Monday means Jack Shit. Hopefully the boys realize that and come out hungry and with a big chip on their shoulders.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Game 1 starts Monday, everything else that predates Monday means Jack Shit. Hopefully the boys realize that and come out hungry and with a big chip on their shoulders.

To be honest I think the core leaders on this team realize the opportunity before them. No longer can the excuse be made that McDrai have not been surrounded with supporting pieces. The west is wide open and this is the deepest team I can remember. Jokingly, I said Oilers were winning the chip last year; but I sincerely believe the boys are bringing the cup back home, where it rightly belongs this year.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
To be honest I think the core leaders on this team realize the opportunity before them. No longer can the excuse be made that McDrai have not been surrounded with supporting pieces. The west is wide open and this is the deepest team I can remember. Jokingly, I said Oilers were winning the chip last year; but I sincerely believe the boys are bringing the cup back home, where it rightly belongs this year.
I have a very good feeling as well but that is assuming that Connor and Leon are healthy and that Skinner stands his ground.

Reactions: walktheboulavard

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Meh

There was an entire generation of Toronto based media who never got over the Oilers having Gretzky. There is a whole new generation of Toronto based media who will never get over the Oilers having McDavid. Adam Proteau is just another one of those guys.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
I have a very good feeling as well but that is assuming that Connor and Leon are healthy and that Skinner stands his ground.

I think Skinner's demonstrated he can provide above average goaltending, he certainly has the demeanor to perform in pressure cooker situations. As for health, I agree, but same is said for every team with championship aspirations. If all goes right in that regard, there is nothing denying this team from realizing their ultimate goal.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

mkatcherin00

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I am sure they will.
They dont want to come out too emotional though. Controlled emotion.

My main concern with this series is how much crap the Refs will let LA get away with.
If the Refs call it fairly tight then this series is over in 5 games .

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
I recall watching a team Canada game that didn't have pbp and it was awesome. Just rink sounds and the crowd. I was at a bar and they cranked it. Best way to watch if you ask me
That was probably the time where there was a broadcasters strike of some sort. It was the best time ever for watching hockey. Circa around 2012 as I recall.

Reactions: nally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad