Series Discussion: Series Discussion Habs 4 - Jets 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This has been a very strange year, in so many ways.
It has ended badly as far as Jets fandom is concerned, but there were some good times too.
This place and the guys and gals here have been very important to me, helping me through some dark times. Thanks. :thumbu: :thumbu:

Now we are in next year country. I'm expecting some change and hoping it will be for the better.
GJG!

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Remember that even though it feels like we crashed out, we still made it as far as Carolina, one of Vegas/Colorado, and one of Boston/NYI. I'd call that successful.
Yeah.... But I mean a single 2nd round game win feels further

Reactions: jetsforever

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

f*** the nhl and the department of safety.

First, let's note this was 2 years ago. We should be looking now at discipline moving forward to see if this get tough policy remains.

Also, the hit was shoulder on shoulder, no head contact. The St Louis player saw him coming. It was a hard hit and probably deserved a penalty for something (charging, interference) but it wasn't nearly as predatory as what Scheifele did.

Reactions: aresknights

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
First, let's note this was 2 years ago. We should be looking now at discipline moving forward to see if this get tough policy remains.

Also, the hit was shoulder on shoulder, no head contact. The St Louis player saw him coming. It was a hard hit and probably deserved a penalty for something (charging, interference) but it wasn't nearly as predatory as what Scheifele did.
Who cares if it was 2 years ago. Not like it was 10-15-20 years.
only reason Evans didn’t see it coming was because he was staring at the puck. Which one who has played any level of hockey knows that is a no no.
Scheifele put his shoulder square in Evans chest. That is clear as day.
How was krug’s hit not as predatory? It was more predatory if you acting watched both.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014

Shoulder on shoulder vs shoulder to chest with secondary head contact as a result of being a smaller player.

The fact is that if Evans didn't get hurt there wouldn't have even been a penalty called on the play, nevermind a lengthy suspension. In the DOPs video they couldn't say the head was the primary point of contact because the video shows that it wasn't. Instead they said "significant contact to the head". It's moving the goalposts to fit your their narrative in this situation. They say he skated the length of the ice to deliver the hit but he was backchecking. Of course he skated the length of the ice.

A fraction of a second sooner and he seperates the man from the puck and prevents the goal. A fraction of a second late and all people can say is "he didn't try to play the puck" but there is more than one way to defend and there is no requirement to try to stick check there. The fact that DOPs uses that to condemn the act is insane to me. The results were as poor as possible but the act and decision wasn't bad.

In parting:

upload_2021-6-9_13-19-47.png
upload_2021-6-9_13-20-51.png

Facts...

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

Ondrej The Giant

May 7, 2011
Winnipeg
Getting more annoyed with every thread being about the Habs dredging up the Scheifele hit as if he is the devil incarnate or looking to get their tires pumped. It's either "hey, everyone, Montreal Canadiens are a pretty good hockey team right?" or "Scheifele should never play again, he is the most dangerous player ever!" They need to move on.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Charging, how about Bennett charging on Coleman from behind. Literally the most dangerous hit you can make, lucky Coleman isn't paralyzed.
One game suspension. Let's not forget, Evans skated right out in front, head down and had every opportunity to defend himself. I don't like how he got hurt, the kid has been KO'd every year with his head down, it's too bad. But who comes around the net wide open like that?

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
The main boards/Habs faithful are still rabid over all things evil Chef and diabolical Jets did and said I see. We must be the flavor of the Summer to harrumph about constantly. I seriously don't envy the mods.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Getting more annoyed with every thread being about the Habs dredging up the Scheifele hit as if he is the devil incarnate or looking to get their tires pumped. It's either "hey, everyone, Montreal Canadiens are a pretty good hockey team right?" or "Scheifele should never play again, he is the most dangerous player ever!" They need to move on.
Habs fans were calling for Bergevin’s head when they were down 3-1 in the series against Toronto.

A couple of my friends are Habs fans and they’re just enjoying the ride right now but ultimately feel these wins, other than the experience it’s given their young guys, is doing more harm than good if Bergevin gets extended.

I guess similar to us — going on a run would be fun but in all likelihood we get slaughtered next round and a final four run gives Maurice even more rope and us, a shittier draft pick.

schmockeyknife

Apr 7, 2021
i'm still wondering how much the long break may have hurt the team. i cant stand those protracted breaks in the playoffs.

they sure seemed off compared to edm series. night and day really.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
i'm still wondering how much the long break may have hurt the team. i cant stand those protracted breaks in the playoffs.

they sure seemed off compared to edm series. night and day really.
It’s more ‘why’ did the long break implode the Jets and not Tampa or Colorado...

Reactions: schmockeyknife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Le Havre vs Marseille
    Le Havre vs Marseille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lens vs Montpellier