Serie A 16/17

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Muntari suspended 1 game because he walked off during a game following racial abuse from Cagliari fan

Oh and Cagliari wasn't punished

Wow just wow

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
didn't know Goran Pandev was still playing at a top level league, he puts more misery on Inter who also missed a late penalty kick :laugh:

Lazio absolutely destroy Samp 7:2 and look certain to return to Europe next season in the EL, still an outside chance at the top three. Despite dropping points earlier today Atalanta look in good shape to get an EL spot as well. The final EL spot will likely go down to Inter/Milan/Fiorentina

Genoa, Empoli and Crotone all won so those three still fighting to avoid that final relegation spot (Empoli have won 3 of their last 4, Crotone have won more matches since April than they did the entire part of the season before that)

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Dries Mertens has 30 goals in all competitions this season. His previous high while playing in one of the 'big-five' leagues is 13. :amazed:

Napoli on the whole have been a pleasant surprise this year, and might equal or even exceed their point total from last year despite losing their talisman Higuain. They're also a very entertaining team to watch the few times I've seen them.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Dries Mertens has 30 goals in all competitions this season. His previous high while playing in one of the 'big-five' leagues is 13. :amazed:

Napoli on the whole have been a pleasant surprise this year, and might equal or even exceed their point total from last year despite losing their talisman Higuain. They're also a very entertaining team to watch the few times I've seen them.

The most entertaining in Europe as a matter of fact ;)

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
How is it Totti's final match though? Still a few fixtures left and they're in a dogfight for that final guaranteed CL place.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
How is it Totti's final match though? Still a few fixtures left and they're in a dogfight for that final guaranteed CL place.

BeIN Sports post match was making a big deal because the match was at San Siro, would have been his final match at that stadium. Think its slightly overblown imo

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
BeIN Sports post match was making a big deal because the match was at San Siro, would have been his final match at that stadium. Think its slightly overblown imo

That's it? I mean I get it to a degree, but if you look at the box score it's not like they had a commanding lead for very long. Like I said too, they can't mess around with Napoli hot on their tail.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

If I were Napoli I'd take the opportunity to cash in on him and sell him to a desperate EPL club. He obviously will never replicate this season and he's already 30.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If I were Napoli I'd take the opportunity to cash in on him and sell him to a desperate EPL club. He obviously will never replicate this season and he's already 30.

I saw West Ham were super interested in Mertens and that just seemed way too typical. Love Mertens great player but someone's gonna make a mistake signing him this summer IMO.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Don't see how any team could make a mistake signing him. He's a very good player and has always played well. He'll play well wherever he goes until his body fails him -- very talented, technical and smart player.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Don't see how any team could make a mistake signing him. He's a very good player and has always played well. He'll play well wherever he goes until his body fails him -- very talented, technical and smart player.

He's 30 and he'll cost a ton.
That's the downside.

He's still got 2 years in his prime (more or less), so I guess it varies how much mileage you'd get out of him if you shell out 30m or something.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Atalanta have secured European football for next season with their draw with Milan, they need one more point to avoid the qualification phase and go straight into the group stages. Good win for Fiorentina over in-form Lazio to keep them in the hunt for that final EL spot which is now between them and the two Milan clubs

Congrats to SPAL 2013 who earn promotion to the top flight of Italian football for the first time in 49 years, also continues the trend of some 'smaller non-traditional' teams coming up from Serie B in recent seasons like Carpi, Frosinone, Crotone, Pescara etc..

Also in Serie B; Hellas Verona one point away from automatic promotion as well. Something of a weird one as Genaro Gattusso's Pisa have been relegated from Serie B despite having the best defensive record in the league, problem is they only scored 23 goals in 41 games :amazed:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Inter are just a disaster this season, no European football and are they still under UEFA FFP restrictions? Have no idea if UEFA is even enforcing that anymore to be honest :laugh:

Relegation picture heating up with Crotone's excellent form to end the season, now three clubs fighting to avoid the final relegation spot

Genoa 33
Empoli 32
--------------------------
Crotone 31

GENOA: Torino (H), Roma (A)
EMPOLI: Atalanta (H), Palermo (A)
CROTONE: Juventus (A), Lazio (H)

Empoli on paper have the easiest fixtures, Crotone probably left it too late looking at theirs but Lazio will have nothing to play for on the final day

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Such a nice team goal by Juve there. Never rooted for them in a game before so it's an odd situation. Need them to win here.

edit: good reply by de Rossi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad