Prospect Info: Sergei Murashov, 118th overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Guessing he moves up to the VHL next season?
And hopefully ESL.
We may not have the great leadership of Geno around anymore to yell at Russian prospects "You can't sleep, ****!"

Last edited:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I do think it's a bit odd that a team loaded with goalies took a goalie, but given how important it is to have one and how hard it is to find one that's consistent, I'm okay with piling them high.
Not really... I mean it takes longer for a goalie on average to develop. Zero issues with us taking a goalie every draft.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Not really... I mean it takes longer for a goalie on average to develop. Zero issues with us taking a goalie every draft.

I agree with this but think most teams don't do it so find it odd when it happens.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Problem is where to put him?
We are already full or one too many.

Jarry
Ned

Blomqvist
Larsson

Gauthier

maybe we can loan him to another AHL team? But That doesn't seem like the best thing

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Can we just borrow Mark Stone’s doctor to sign LTIRetire paperwork for Jarry?
Yeah a Jarry trade would have been great and then Blomqvist move up and Murashov takes his spot. Not gonna happen tho 😔

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
hmmm…unsigned?
That's great news, I hope they work something out with him

Trade Jarry and go with Larsson. Blom and Mur in the AHL? Pens are desperate. Gotta roll some dice.
At the end of the day, this is what makes the most sense. I'm guessing KD is trying, but no takers out there for him

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Problem is where to put him?
We are already full or one too many.

Jarry
Ned

Blomqvist
Larsson

Gauthier

maybe we can loan him to another AHL team? But That doesn't seem like the best thing

He is a much better prospect than Gauthier, and also Larsson.

Make room for him, simple as that.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I don't see that as a possibility considering those leagues basically don't take in any Russians these days. There's really not any playing options in Europe for Russian players. It's Russia or North America for them.
The good news is I think taylor said there's no deadline where Murashov has to be signed by like other draftees?
The bad news is Russian training camp starts in like a week or so I think the article said.
Not much time for the kid to decide. Or much more longer for the team to work something out for this season.

Last edited:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If I were not into living in a despotic hellhole currently at war with its neighbor, I would probably want to develop my goaltending skills elsewhere.

Also, man, Yaroslavl is forever associated with the fact that they killed the entire team (the second time this has happened in Russian/Soviet hockey history) by taking a badly maintained plane.

• Wow
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I’d actually love for him to stay in Russia. Assuming he’s happy there.

They know how to develop goalies over there.
I don't know if it's an issue. But somewhere deep inside I feel that if he goes back to Russia he'll never be able to slip back to the U.S 😅

Fordy

May 28, 2008
are you saying he's here right now at this moment because of a bribe

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
the-other-guys-not-a-bribe.gif

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
are you saying he's here right now at this moment because of a bribe
Nah because he doesn’t have a contract and he’s not an established KHL guy and we don’t really do that anymore . But NHL teamsused to bribe people all the time to bring them over. Jágr is one really noticeable and famous case (with a good documentary about it!) but there were others

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad