News Article: Sergei Gonchar to KHL?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
It is disappointing but we have younger players coming up, that could fill this role. Best of luck (if you do go) Gonchy. Thank you for your services!

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I know you saw my response, but in addition I'd like to clarify.

I have high hopes for Cody Ceci. That said, this year (67s/Attach/Bingo) wasn't an overwhelmingly amazing year for him. Not enough to let him become an NHLer without playing in the AHL first. All of our prospects have needed seasoning in the AHL, so there is no way Cody Ceci is fast-stracked to the NHL quicker than Erik Karlsson, Jared Cowen, etc.

This.

In fairness to Ceci, it was a tough year for him. The 67's were unspeakably terrible, and after a month or so it was pretty clear he would be moved at the deadline. Then he was cut from Team Canada (a bad move by Hockey Canada, IMO) followed by the the inevitable trade. Through all of it, his numbers seemed to hold up fairly well. Still, it is clear that he needs to get bigger and stronger, and learn the pro game. A year with Luke Richardson is exactly what the doctor ordered for Ceci, especially given that he is so young (he won't be 20 until December).

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Because he is a top 15 d man in the league probably.

He said who would you trade for Boyle, not why.

And ya, Boyle isn't a top 15 dman in the league. Not even close actually.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He said who would you trade for Boyle, not why.

And ya, Boyle isn't a top 15 dman in the league. Not even close actually.

Not even close eh I guess you're an expert. Maybe stay up after 10 and watch a few games you will be shocked at what you see.

Chara
Weber
Karlsson
Subban
Letang
Pieterangelo
Doughty
Keith
OEL
Suter

I will admit are on a different level then Boyle but after that please inform me who is hands down better out there then Boyle right now?

Seabrook, Mcdonough, Kronwall, Yandle, Byfuglien, Campbell, Green all can make an argument I guess but not even close you're dreaming.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Not even close eh I guess you're an expert. Maybe stay up after 10 and watch a few games you will be shocked at what you see.

Chara
Weber
Karlsson
Subban
Letang
Pieterangelo
Doughty
Keith
OEL
Suter

I will admit are on a different level then Boyle but after that please inform me who is hands down better out there then Boyle right now?

Seabrook, Mcdonough, Kronwall, Yandle, Byfuglien, Campbell, Green all can make an argument I guess but not even close you're dreaming.

10 is a bit late for me.

I am an expert tho, I saw the replay. And you're dreaming if you think he's close to being top 15 defenseman in this league. This isn't 2006.

Boyle was a #4-5 defenseman on the Sharks this year and all the guys you listed are a step above him. I'd even add Girardi, Bouwmeester, Giordano, Edler to your list. All of those guys are #1-2 guys on their teams.

Do you think Boyle would be the 2nd best defensemen on this team?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
A 1st rounder for 1 year from a 37 year old Boyle?

That is a move a desperate GM makes to save his job, or an overconfident GM makes to put his team over the top.

I am relieved that we are neither... Boyle for a 1st is crazy talk.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Is Hjalmarsson still a pipe dream? Wouldn't mind taking a run at Leddy (RFA) either.

Has RFA offer sheet compensation changed in the new CBA?

Let's say it's going to take at least a $5mil/year offer sheet for the Black Hawks to decline to match it. Using the 2012-13 terms, an offer just north of $5mil would cost us a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Is Leddy worth overpaying (in actual dollar terms), AND giving up a 1st+2nd+3rd? Not in my eyes...

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
Has RFA offer sheet compensation changed in the new CBA?

Let's say it's going to take at least a $5mil/year offer sheet for the Black Hawks to decline to match it. Using the 2012-13 terms, an offer just north of $5mil would cost us a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Is Leddy worth overpaying (in actual dollar terms), AND giving up a 1st+2nd+3rd? Not in my eyes...

We can offer him between 3,364,391 to 5,046,585 and it would only cost a 1st and a 3rd or we could offer him 1,682,194 to 3,364,391 and it would only cost a 2nd

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
We can offer him between 3,364,391 to 5,046,585 and it would only cost a 1st and a 3rd or we could offer him 1,682,194 to 3,364,391 and it would only cost a 2nd

Yes, but I guarantee Chicago matches any offer between 3.3 and 5.1mil.

In order to actually GET Leddy, we'd need to make an offer so large Chicago could not match, which would be north of $5.1mil.

Hence, the 1st+2nd+3rd rounder.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
Yes, but I guarantee Chicago matches any offer between 3.3 and 5.1mil.

In order to actually GET Leddy, we'd need to make an offer so large Chicago could not match, which would be north of $5.1mil.

Hence, the 1st+2nd+3rd rounder.

I looked at Chicago's cap on capgeek and they wont be able sign Leddy and others if we offer him 5,000,000 because they have to sign Crawford, Bolland, Hjalmarsson, Frolik, Shaw, Hayes and Raanta if he plays well next season and then Kane and Toews the season after that they will both be wanting 7+ and Saad getting off his ELC the hawks cant afford to have 3 d men at 5+ with Hjalmarsson deserving 4 to 4.5.

hockeycoach

Jan 20, 2006
SenCity
Gonch to the KHLs Matallurg Magnitogorsk ??
Take it Gonch.
Brings to mind the old Beatles tune:

I'm back in the U.S.S.R.
You don't know how lucky you are boy
Back in the U.S.
Back in the U.S.
Back in the U.S.S.R.

Bazel5

Apr 4, 2011
I'm hearing speculation that Gonch is considering the KHL to leverage a bargain with Ottawa but what about the other way around?

What if his statements about staying in Ottawa was meant to bolster a lucrative contract with the KHL?

Olympics are coming up and I'm sure playing in the KHL would only increase his chances of making the roster. Great way to end his career.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I looked at Chicago's cap on capgeek and they wont be able sign Leddy and others if we offer him 5,000,000 because they have to sign Crawford, Bolland, Hjalmarsson, Frolik, Shaw, Hayes and Raanta if he plays well next season and then Kane and Toews the season after that they will both be wanting 7+ and Saad getting off his ELC the hawks cant afford to have 3 d men at 5+ with Hjalmarsson deserving 4 to 4.5.

So is it worth a 1st and a 3rd for the privilege of overpaying Nick Leddy?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
i think Leddy i worth a top 10 pick on a normal year and top 15 this year so i think he is worth a 1st and 3rd

Leddy at $5 mil/ year for 5 years? Even when you don't get any of his "cheap" years?

Agree to disagree, I guess. I like Leddy, I really do, but not enough to overpay him by at least a mil, and give up a 1st and a 3rd to do so.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
Leddy at $5 mil/ year for 5 years? Even when you don't get any of his "cheap" years?

Agree to disagree, I guess. I like Leddy, I really do, but not enough to overpay him by at least a mil, and give up a 1st and a 3rd to do so.

We can still sign him for 4mil a year and they still wont have enough to match i just saying 5mil to beat the other competition i would signed him for 5mil for 3 years

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
We can still sign him for 4mil a year and they still wont have enough to match i just saying 5mil to beat the other competition i would signed him for 5mil for 3 years

At 4 million a year Bowman calls and thanks Murray for doing his negotiations for him.

Makes the Subban signing look brilliant in hindsight (for the immediate future)

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Leddy is getting a little overrated here, but I do think an offer sheet isnt a bad idea since Chicago is in trouble cap wise. He is worth about 2 mil per on a bridge contract imo. He hasnt broken out yet...

If we were to offer-sheet him with a one year contract, would he be an RFA the year after? I could see that happening. If you re-sign him, its perfect, and if he gets offer-sheeted, you possibly get the next teir of compensation if he breaks out, or one year of him basically for free.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Gonchar came up big for us when Karlsson went down, however it seems like his skating abilities have gone straight down the toilet, and for that reason I say let him go. He is a good guy with a great work ethic, but he is over the hill and on his way down quickly.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
Leddy is getting a little overrated here, but I do think an offer sheet isnt a bad idea since Chicago is in trouble cap wise. He is worth about 2 mil per on a bridge contract imo. He hasnt broken out yet...

If we were to offer-sheet him with a one year contract, would he be an RFA the year after? I could see that happening. If you re-sign him, its perfect, and if he gets offer-sheeted, you possibly get the next teir of compensation if he breaks out, or one year of him basically for free.

The thing with offering him a 1 year contract would be that the hawks could match because it is just a 1 year contract as opposed to a 2 or 3 year contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad