Proposal: Sergachev and Plekanec for Draisaitl and 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Oilers probably would prefer to trade RNH instead of Draisaitl. That just makes sense. However, what do the Oilers want in return? My guess is a premium prospect on defense. Will RNH really get the Oilers this? IMO, the answer is no. They will get a good realiable Defenseman but not a gem like Sergachev. I would trade Sergachev for Draisaitl though.

Sergachev = Draisaitl. This trade makes sense for both teams. Both are elite prospects. Draisaitl is 2 years older but Sergachev is on that Oilers team next year for sure!

Plekanec = 2nd round pick. This part of the trade can be omitted. However, if the Oilers want to try to make the playoffs, Plekanec would look good on that 3rd line playing with Lucic don't you think?

Thoughts?

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
The value is definitely in the right ballpark. I think Sergachev and Draisatl are close and an argument could be made for the Habs needing to add a + to Sergachev since he represents more of a risk than Draisatl does.

I would have to reallt think about this if I were the Habs GM and it was on the table. While I am not running out to say "yes", I am not immediately saying "no", either.

Good job, OP.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
HabsGorgeous, stop being terrible plz.

Talk about a terrible post. Explain to me why Sergachev = Drai is terrible please. Imagine the center of the ice looking like this...Chucky/Drai/Danault/Mitchell. Having Chucky and Drai up the middle would be the best the Habs had in years! Trading away Sergachev sucks and will leave a hole but it's not the end of the world if you can address the 2nd line center. Weber/Petry/Beaulieu/Juulsen is not a bad top 4 (the projected future of course).

Oilers get Sergachev and he looks pretty impressive on that young core. I'm a huge fan of Sergachev too but you have to give to get in any trade.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The value is definitely in the right ballpark. I think Sergachev and Draisatl are close and an argument could be made for the Habs needing to add a + to Sergachev since he represents more of a risk than Draisatl does.

I would have to reallt think about this if I were the Habs GM and it was on the table. While I am not running out to say "yes", I am not immediately saying "no", either.

Good job, OP.

I think it's very close too in value. Works for both teams in many ways

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
No thanks from Edmonton. As for the the statements in the OP, RNH has played better than Draisaitl so far this season despite having a few points less. The only time Draisaitl outperformed RNH is when RNH was injured and Draisaitl had Hall on his wing.

Isn't Sergachev left-handed? We're overloaded on the left-side. Klefbom, Nurse, Sekera, Russell.

DreamTheatre

Jul 7, 2008
Sylvan Lake, AB

Good job, OP.

No offence to Sergachev, i’m sure he is a great player, but no way is he at the same value as LD imo.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Hell no. I really like Sergachev and was down to draft him at 4 if pool party wasn't there. We don't need another young D prospect, we need a veteran D man that can help us now.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I like it from an habs point of view, but for the 1st time in a decade, Edmonton goes somewhere. I just cant see them spit on the actual chemistry and takes a step back on their NHL roster.

As far they need a gem in defense, Sergachev cannot play NHL before next year and then, you can bet that he'll need a year or two to become a reliable top 4 before becoming a 1st pair dman.

Before needing a 1st pair dman, Oilers need to create a winning identity and they cant get that with Sergachev soon

Thats said, the proposal was not bad IMO

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No offence to Sergachev, i’m sure he is a great player, but no way is he at the same value as LD imo.

That's a very fair comment. However, Sergachev fits in the Oilers plans and by getting Pleky for a 2nd round pick it evens it out. It's no secrete Sergachev is very close to NHL ready an a elite prospect! Size, skill, booming shot, and elite skating.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Oilers don't have the forward depth some people seem to give them credit for. As much as they could use an upgrade on D, they'd just be creating another hole elsewhere doing this. It's time they started drafting players with picks that aren't in the top 5.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No thanks from Edmonton. As for the the statements in the OP, RNH has played better than Draisaitl so far this season despite having a few points less. The only time Draisaitl outperformed RNH is when RNH was injured and Draisaitl had Hall on his wing.

Isn't Sergachev left-handed? We're overloaded on the left-side. Klefbom, Nurse, Sekera, Russell.

Sergeachev is left handed but plays the right side. Habs moved Petry on the left side to accommodate this in pre season. So he really is able to play both sides which is a bonus.

To be honest... I'd trade Sergachev for Drai but not RNH. Just becuse of the type of player the Habs are looking for. I feel strongly most other teams would think the same. However, I do realize the Oilers would prefer to trade RNH. I just don't think the return is as great as Drai would get.

In any trade... you got to give to get. This applies to both sides in this deal. I like this trade for both sides!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Oilers don't have the forward depth some people seem to give them credit for. As much as they could use an upgrade on D, they'd just be creating another hole elsewhere doing this. It's time they started drafting players with picks that aren't in the top 5.

Well I did propose a Patch and 1st round pick for Drai but that didn't fly with Oilers fans because they said the Oilers needed D? I tend to agree.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
As a Habs fan, this is the most lopsided trade offer I've ever seen on here. Draisaitl is an elite young talent...You want to get it with Plekanec and Sergachev??

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
bad for edm, dot trade a proven young C with #1 C potential for unproven D.

The cost to acquire Sergachev more than likely gets higher as time moves forward. It's ok, the Oilers can keep the talent up front and suffer defensibly for a few more years year. They took a step forward on D but need a gem back there. Sergachev is the guy!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As a Habs fan, this is the most lopsided trade offer I've ever seen on here. Draisaitl is an elite young talent...You want to get it with Plekanec and Sergachev??

Exaggerate much? It's a hell of a dam good trade addressing needs for both teams. Short team and long term

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Exaggerate much? It's a hell of a dam good trade addressing needs for both teams. Short team and long term

lol and how does it help edm short term??? LD is soooo much better than Pleks and Sergs is not read for the NHL. How exactly do they even get remotely better?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad