Seravalli: NHL Back to AZ Within 5yrs ?!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I'd be very curious where you got the 5,000 total viewers number from, but regardless, if it's a number from back in 2009 or whatever, it's entirely irrelevant, as they draw many more total viewers now.

Well, before it all went pear shaped there.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Let’s keep beating this dead horse. Arizona doesn’t have the support for hockey. It’s a money pit. The Coyotes brought down the revenues of the other league owners and held the NHL back for decades. The salary cap would have been $100,000,000 by now if the Yotes had moved 5 or 6 years ago.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
IMG_20241003_020436.jpg

Reactions: Voight

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Suns current lease runs through 2037.

The other option is ASU. They need a new basketball arena badly. They have the land, there’s no tax breaks needed and fewer political issues.

Could develop something along the lines of what Carolina and NC State have.

But it’s not a sure thing.
A firework fighting event could help there, but insurance would probably be boring and be like nope, we're not paying. :laugh:

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
god i hope not. maybe revisit it in 15-20 years if theres a ownership group . but lots of other cities deserve a shot.. houston, kansas city, san diego, quebec city . wisconsin if you could get a ownership owuld be cool.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It makes total sense that they want to be in those markets. The question I have is whether anything is going to be done any differently than the previous times they tried it in Atlanta and Arizona.
Atlanta at least sounds like they're doing things right this time (arena located central to the fans: IE north of Atlanta), potential ownership groups that are hockey-focused rather than just having a team as part of the mix for getting a new downtown arena. Basically everything they didn't do with the previous attempts.

Arizona is going to be 100% wait and see. Too many variables at play with no concrete plans laid out the way we have in Atlanta right now.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad