Seravalli comes in hot with an all-time tone deaf season prediction

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Seravelli should invest in something he hasn’t in his life: Just For Men Hair Gel and Extra Strength Slim Fast.

f*** this guy, the only thing I’ll be surprised he does is a jumping jack.

Naw your just poor taste, be gone mofo.
200w.gif

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Stupid, and I can’t stand Frank, but he meant more like the spirit of Gaudreau would help them win the lottery finally. Not really worth getting offended over
I don't think anyone thinks Servalli purposely tried to be a glib and callous jerk.

He just didn't take even a moment to think about whether what he wrote was crass, disrespectful, or inappropriate.

I'm not offended. I just believe that he's a non thinking dick.

A middle schooler would have looked at that first draft and thought "no, that sounds truly f***ing awful and makes me look like a total ass."

Edgelord

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I don't think anyone thinks Servalli purposely tried to be a glib and callous jerk.

He just didn't take even a moment to think about whether what he wrote was crass, disrespectful, or inappropriate.

I'm not offended. I just believe that he's a non thinking dick.

A middle schooler would have looked at that first draft and thought "no, that sounds truly f***ing awful and makes me look like a total ass."
to quote a middle schooler, Servalli has no rizz lol

Reactions: MoneyManny

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
On paper, Columbus is easily a bottom 5 roster in the NHL but I think the boys have something special to play for this year and will surprise people.

Theyre not making the playoffs but it honestly can't be any worse than last year for them. I think they dig deep this year and find a new level of pride to play for this year,

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
If FS left "Gaudreau" on purpose as a keyword to increase his clicks/revenue, then that is truly despicable and unforgiveable. It would make sense why he left it after those edits.

If he really is just naive and didn't proofread it, an apology would suffice. Although it would change how I view the guy

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Even if the Blue Jackets finish with 0 points, they still only have a 25% chance of winning the draft lottery. Although, I suppose many people will assume that the last place team will keep the pick, until such a time as someone jumps them.

Reactions: Viqsi

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
In my opinion, this is a fireable offense. He had absolutely no reason to do this, no reason to go there, and he deserves to be fired after this. The editor who let it go to print ought to be fired as well.
Hear, hear!!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Even if the Blue Jackets finish with 0 points, they still only have a 25% chance of winning the draft lottery. Although, I suppose many people will assume that the last place team will keep the pick, until such a time as someone jumps them.
Lottery odds are what they are. Can't get too caught up in them.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Ok ill say it.....

He made an honest mistake, just like we all do. And he apologized. Leave him alone and move on with your lives.
Yes he did. But it was so inappropriate, tone deaf, lacking in any cerebral activity that there is no way he didn’t know what he was typing. It’s beyond even being able to justify in any fashion and apology aside, he’s gonna rightfully wear this for a long time by a lot people.

And I’m probably in the minority that I download every pod that Frank produces on his platforms and truly enjoy his take on things. His Frankly Speaking Pod is a demonstration that he can be respectful, caring, and well thought in his remarks.

Serious question, did he perhaps have this “staff written” from general notes with his name placed on it and he never proofread it before it was posted? Either way, bad on him for this being said.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
This is a network that employs Gazdic, Hrudy, MacLean, and Singh on national broadcasts. They have no issue with disgracing the country every week with the misconduct of their on-air staff. He's absolutely appeared on HNIC and follows their standards of refusing to act like a professional.
What did Gazdic do? I must have missed something. I generally enjoy that dude.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Cassie Campbell's husband is an AGM with the Flames and she openly pulls for them all the time. Kelly Hrudey is near tears with every Flames loss.

Frank sucks and is an idiot but fandom shouldn't get someone cancelled.

Just saying, but there have been flames fans who have complained that Hrudey is too much of an oilers suck up lol. Not saying I agree, but that’s the sentiment out there.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
This is a network that employs Gazdic, Hrudy, MacLean, and Singh on national broadcasts. They have no issue with disgracing the country every week with the misconduct of their on-air staff. He's absolutely appeared on HNIC and follows their standards of refusing to act like a professional.
Of all the clowns sportsnet employs, Gazdic is the biggest clown of them all. Hate that guy, especially when he cried over social media about Canucks fans and dissed Canucks organization for it. Class A clown and a non pro. Hrudy and Bieska are probably the only ones i can tolerate.

Seravalli runs DFO hockey. Nobody is going to make him make a change to his article.
Seravalli must have smoked something good to come up with this article. No wonder he has aged so quickly

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
What did Gazdic do? I must have missed something. I generally enjoy that dude.
You got to be kidding me. Gazdic is terrible and very unprofessional. He basically dissed the Canucks organization because some Canucks fans hurt his feeling. How can someone on the broadcast team diss a professional sports team because their fans said something bad? It was very pathetic to be honest.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
It doesn't matter how many points they finish with. Their lottery odds will remain 0.0000%. The league can't afford to send a first overall pick to this backwater, even out of pity for a bummer summer.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
It's a really stupid thing to say, but let's not pretend the Reddit/Twitter brigade is actually about writing any wrong. It's about the dopamine rush that comes with judging someone who did something bad.

People get off on the spectacle of public shame. It's part of the online culture now. It's gross. I am not suggesting that people shouldn't be held accountable for saying ignorant things, but there is a difference between someone being held accountable and a group of people amplifying an ignorant throw away line.

Another part of this is that he is generally unliked by the Reddit tier fan. Same with Pagnotta and a few other guys. If Friedman, Marek, or one of the more popular/likeable analysts wrote this or said it on a podcast - it would be equally as ignorant, but I'm not sure it gets the same backlash because you're going to get less upvotes trying to gang up on a popular guy like Friedman. The dopamine just doesn't rush as hard.

Ironically, nothing was actually gained by people amplifying this. All it did was draw attention to a stupid one line about Johnny's angel helping move lottery balls, and make it a lot more likely that anybody who actually knew the guy and is in a reasonable position to be upset would be see it and be upset by it.

Even his apology shows how strange our culture is. He couldn't even give a real apology because the mob needs blood. He had to use a line from the "my first Twitter controversy" template, "I promise to be better". I'm guessing he debated between whether to use the prayer sign emoji... He couldn't just say what happened, "I thought the image of Gaudreau helping them from heaven would be a nice narrative, but obviously that was a stupid thing to write. It's very obvious that I had no ill-intent, I just made an ignorant choice with my writing. Get off of Reddit."

The only way he is a villain is if he did this intentionally knowing the buzz it would cause. Has anyone checked if Go_Habs_Go31 is his sock puppet account?

In the words of Thomas Chabot, that's a tough bounce.
If he didnt know the topic of Gaudreau would be a sensitive topic being the head of the PHWA, and pick his words wisely, then it justifies most of us here that simply question his intelligence, or his writing process. Personally, I dont think this reflects badly on him as a person, thats a bridge too far.

This is not a mistake that more refined writers like Elliot or Marek would make.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Yes he did. But it was so inappropriate, tone deaf, lacking in any cerebral activity that there is no way he didn’t know what he was typing. It’s beyond even being able to justify in any fashion and apology aside, he’s gonna rightfully wear this for a long time by a lot people.

And I’m probably in the minority that I download every pod that Frank produces on his platforms and truly enjoy his take on things. His Frankly Speaking Pod is a demonstration that he can be respectful, caring, and well thought in his remarks.

Serious question, did he perhaps have this “staff written” from general notes with his name placed on it and he never proofread it before it was posted? Either way, bad on him for this being said.
Probably just one of those instances where it makes sense when you say it in your head. They when you say it out loud, different story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad