Dreger: Sense around the league a few clubs are strongly considering an offer sheet on Marner, Aho, Connor

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Read: "Tune into TSN all day today so you don't miss out (on the offer sheets that don't happen)".

I get the feeling that this whole "There will be offer sheets this Summer" nonsense is a reporter-manufactured story to get click-throughs, followers and TV ratings.
This same smoke and mirrors show literally happens every year.

Don't fall for it.

Reactions: Chungo2

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Offer sheet Marner to some ridiculous 14 million a year contract, the Leafs will match and then have to trade Kadri away.

I hope it's the Wings. The Leafs let him go and get four top ten picks four straight seasons. We both agree Yzerman is smarter than that. Too bad.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
If you offer sheet anyone it should be Point with Tampa they are the one team backed up against the cap with no way out buy out window is closed and all their players they might want to trade to create cap space all have full NTC/NMC.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Screw TSN, Dreger should be employed at the Daily Planet.

While his spidey senses are all tingly over the questionably looming phantom offersheet, McKenzie, Friedman, Lebrun are getting the actual scoops on where players are signing today.

Reactions: trellaine201

horner

May 22, 2007
2579654ca27da8b01d1e2a6f4949e541.jpeg
To funny

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

While his spidey senses are all tingly over the questionably looming phantom offersheet, McKenzie, Friedman, Lebrun are getting the actual scoops on where players are signing today.
Actual news doesn't drive page clicks as much as speculation over the offer sheets that never come.

Seriously, these guys try to pull this every year. Its always the same stories with the same unnamed sources around the league thinking "oh the market is completely right this time for it to happen"

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
NJ has cap space and doesn't really need more picks. The only thing that would give Ray caution is the prospect of retaliation when Hischier, Hughes, Bratt, etc become RFA in the next few years. Butcher and Zacha are RFA this season.

NJ doesn't own their 2nd in 2020 though, it belongs to Nashville via Subban

Just IMO - but if I was a GM, I'd never risk an offersheet (or trading unprotected #1's like the Leafs did for Kessel) if I had questionable goaltending. Nothing can sink you quicker than shaky goaltending, and I wouldn't risk the future #1's, especially when the Devils already have their #1/2 C's in Hughes/Hischier.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Slightly overpaying Connor would make it really difficult to match and still sign Laine.
The strategy would be to offer sheet Connor - wait for it to be accepted - then offer sheet Laine. Jets would be very hard pressed to match 2 offer sheets IMO.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
We have 30M in cap space. Go ahead.

And that would be a absolutely terrible move on TML's part. Trying to spend 30M on centers?

You just lost a bunch of player who didn't want to be there, what exactly makes you think you'll get Marner to sign on to Columbus?

I mean, did Panarin change his mind with the hail mary offer last night?

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
If offer sheets are not done this year they will never be done. So many prime candidates for it this year.

Reactions: Curufinwe

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Spider-Man and Superman are teaming up to bring us the scoopz.

Anyway everybody knows Darren Dreger is the secret identity of Pajama Boy, sidekick to Duthman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad