Post-Game Talk: Sens sign David Perron 2 years, 4M per

ACLEVERNAME

#OFFSEASON
Jan 6, 2010
Big body? Are you sure you're talking about the same guy? We signed David Perron...
It's all reletive. A Logan Brown, Mark Kastelic type player are smurfs compared to a Perron. Stop strictly attributing a 'big' game to physical body composition.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's all reletive. A Logan Brown, Mark Kastelic type player are smurfs compared to a Perron. Stop strictly attributing a 'big' game to physical body composition.
I never mentioned big game, nor did the person I quoted.

I like Perron, but man, I'm not sure what some of you are seeing the way he gets described.

ACLEVERNAME

#OFFSEASON
Jan 6, 2010
I never mentioned big game, nor did the person I quoted.

I like Perron, but man, I'm not sure what some of you are seeing the way he gets described.

If he butt-ends a guy in the jaw and gets a 5 game sussy for sticking up for a teammate (warranted or not) than he's 100% worth the 2 years IMO. We need that nastiness. No more weak ass fly-bys. Hit to hurt.

That is a "big body".

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If he butt-ends a guy in the jaw and gets a 5 game sussy for sticking up for a teammate (warranted or not) than he's 100% worth the 2 years IMO. We need that nastiness. No more weak ass fly-bys. Hit to hurt.

That is a "big body".
No, that's dirty. It's fine, you can like the way he plays, you can want to add some sandpaper to the lineup. But he isn't a big body. Words have meanings, and when you decide to use them for something they don't mean, it becomes hard to follow.

He aint a big body and never was. That's a fact. It's like calling Greig a big body. Just isn't true. Both can be nasty going into the corners, they can both be physical, the can add some sandpaper, but neither will ever be confused for a big body.

ACLEVERNAME

#OFFSEASON
Jan 6, 2010
No, that's dirty. It's fine, you can like the way he plays, you can want to add some sandpaper to the lineup. But he isn't a big body. Words have meanings, and when you decide to use them for something they don't mean, it becomes hard to follow.

He aint a big body and never was. That's a fact. It's like calling Greig a big body. Just isn't true. Both can be nasty going into the corners, they can both be physical, the can add some sandpaper, but neither will ever be confused for a big body.

Was Kastelic a "bigger body" than Greig last year?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Was Kastelic a "bigger body" than Greig last year?
Yes, he was a bigger body. Because words have meanings. What he wasn't is consistently physical in the way Greig was. He wasn't a rat the way Greig was, but he certainly was a bigger body,

Use words for what they mean and people will all be able to understand what you want to convey. Perron is not, and never has been a big body. What a f***ing bizarre hill to die on...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There is a big body game that has little to do with size.

Like Alfredsson played a more big body game than either Spezza or Heatley.

It's more like how well you're able to leverage your size. How well you're able to use contact to gain an advantage.
No person ever called Alfie a big body though. If you want to say he's a guy that plays bigger than he is, that's great. But, that tends to still come with some limitations. Giroux plays bigger than he is (or at least he used to back in his prime) but nobody called him a big body.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Good signing. Will look good with Stutzle and Giroux. Big body who has great IQ and finishing and can play the passing game.
Third line I think. Unless Norris can’t handle top 6

Says he can play left side/right side. If he prefers one a little more then probably right side but he’s good wherever he’s needed.

Last edited:

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I'll take his overreaction to a teammate going down any day over sitting there and doing nothing. The problem with the Sens is that too many times they expect Brady to do the heavy lifting.
Nah, that's a bullshit attitude. "I'd rather he crosscheck a guy in the face than do nothing"...like, what??? What year is this?

Reactions: Micklebot

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
"I was not trying to get that high, I was trying to go around the waist/elbow area and then kinda Zub's arm comes up and obviously [my stick] rides up and hits his head..."

BRUH

bruh.png

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Nah, that's a bullshit attitude. "I'd rather he crosscheck a guy in the face than do nothing"...like, what??? What year is this?
I called his act an overreaction but regardless I guess you expected him to talk to Zub in a stern voice instead? Regardless of what year it is it's still a physical game.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I called his act an overreaction but regardless I guess you expected him to talk to Zub in a stern voice instead? Regardless of what year it is it's still a physical game.
If only there was a way for NHL players to take out their frustrations on each other...

Also, you think there's only 2 possible reactions in that moment? Stern talking to or crosscheck a guy in the face? Come on, you know you know better than that.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
This signing is getting way too much flak.

Getting a veteran cup winner at that salary for only 2 years is nice considering this FA period was particularly silly. He's exactly what this team needs in the room and (almost) exactly what they need on the ice. His speed just isn't there anymore which is an issue for a roster that wasn't particularly fast before and lost it's speediest player. Other than that he checks a lot of boxes on this roster. The flexibility to play either wing and up and down the lineup will be a godsend for Travis Green and company. He's a guy you could play anywhere in the top-nine and he wouldn't look out of place. Also a legitimate upgrade on PP2 which is a bonus.

Personally, this one makes a lot more sense than the Amadio signing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad