Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Calen Addison (D) and Nikolay Kulemin (F) to PTO's

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
It's possible that you can trade the superior player in a trade but still come out ahead because the player you acquire is a better fit for your team.

That's what I think will happen here.

The goal is not to win every trade on paper. The goal is to make your team better.

Chychrun was a real Dorion special. Shiny name that didn't fit. Looking back at it, that media availability when Pierre said "he can play the right side..."... so funny.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I am not sure I agree with this. His play tailed off but so did most of the team. I would say there is more at play here than an individual player. I wouldn't be surprised to see him excel on a more stable team/franchise like the Caps. Chychrun also didnt have an injury last year he played all games.

Your description can easily fit towards other guys like Chabot and Zub aswell all whose play really tailed off
The team played better in the second half. He got substantially worse. There was way more buy in and as a whole the team played with more structure. He did not buy in.

Visually you saw him avoiding battles and contact. It was blatantly obvious.

It's possible that you can trade the superior player in a trade but still come out ahead because the player you acquire is a better fit for your team.

The goal is not to win every trade on paper. The goal is to make your team better.

Chychrun was a real Dorion special. Shiny name that didn't fit. Looking back at it, that media availability when Pierre said "he can play the right side..."... so funny.
100 percent accurate post. This may have been Dorions worst move as this player had no role and no fit. He has no idea how to build a hockey team.

Chychrun likely will be a better fit on Washington. He has a top 4 ld spot with a defensive d man partner. It just never made sense to be traded here. Good for him to have a good opportunity in a role that works. I expect him to be better in wash.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Chychrun likely will be a better fit on Washington. He has a top 4 ld spot with a defensive d man partner. It just never made sense to be traded here. Good for him to have a good opportunity in a role that works. I expect him to be better in wash.

This season likely. It's a contract season. But I wouldn't want to have him after he signs his next big contract.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

Sure this can be true, but I don't get why it is needed by some to bash a good player who just didn't fit here and then need to prop up the new guy. On paper Chychrun is a better player than Jensen which is ok to say. Jensen could potentially be a better fit here due to having Chabby and Sandy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad