Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Calen Addison (D) and Nikolay Kulemin (F) to PTO's

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
So they were eye-test guys?

I don't know what kind "tests" those two were conducting but they were definitely both old-school guys who thought they knew what they were doing because they "were good hockey men".

So probably some kind of eye test. They were, as already pointed out, just idiots though.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't know what kind "tests" those two were conducting but they were definitely both old-school guys who thought they knew what they were doing because they "were good hockey men".

So probably some kind of eye test. They were, as already pointed out, just idiots though.
So "Idiot Eye-Test Guys"! :)

The D is without a doubt improved with Kleven and Jenson rather than Chychrun and Brannstrom
I am not convinced that the D is improved without a doubt.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think they're going to like him. Especially if he continues his play from last season with his one armed defending, playing not to get hurt, giving up on plays, etc.
I think the Washington fans will like his assists on Ovechkin goals! I think they will also like not having Jensen on D. :)

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I don't think they're going to like him. Especially if he continues his play from last season with his one armed defending, playing not to get hurt, giving up on plays, etc.
If his role is to be an offensive Dman with PP1 time, he should be fine as long as his pairing partner takes care of the D stuff. Also a new contract year so he'll be motivated.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
If his role is to be an offensive Dman with PP1 time, he should be fine as long as his pairing partner takes care of the D stuff. Also a new contract year so he'll be motivated.
There is no chance he's getting the top PP spot over John Carlson.

Still - I expect he'll be a lot better for Washington than he was in Ottawa. He's going to play his natural side with a partner that can complement him [probably Matt Roy?], those are two things he never really got in Ottawa. Plus, as you said, contract season for him.

There is an argument that Chychrun was the worst defensive defender in the league last season. Certainly many of that statistical models suggest that to be the case. There's almost nowhere to go but up.

Reactions: DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

As Ouro said, he might be paired with Matt Roy so that could be really beneficial for him. I think the table below highlights his strengths and weaknesses well. That was from the end of February

He creates a lot of offense with his elite shot (5th best goal scoring D-man in the NHL since 2019-20 when he was 21 y/o). Only Makar, Josi, Hamilton and Werenski have a better GPG during the last 5 years. He's not a really good playmaker though. He struggles against heavy forecheck as his decision making is a bit like Ceci and takes a microsecond too much time. He retrieves the puck well but you have to give him a quick exit option or he might struggle and turn it over (which is frankly the case for most D-men except those who excel at transition like Chabot or Karlsson)

1726614488703.png

I think he'll have a 45+ pts season with more stable defensive play. This trade is most likely going to look like a huge loss for us, unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad