Post-Game Talk: SENS & PENS, Monday in Halifax 6pm. (TSN5)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
I don't care if we won because of Korpi, this season winning hockey games is all that matters. last time I checked goaltenders are part of the team.

I mean it’s preseason, I don’t care about wins and losses I care about how they play.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Formenton as well .. the HC shit should be done by then

1696293841885.gif

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I disagree, completely. Their PP was awful
It was awful but that has nothing to do with Ottawa playing a sound defensive game tonight. I think your expectations are way too high for what constitutes as good system play, because there was really nothing to complain about tonight. The goalie is occasionally going to have to make a tough save, no team in the NHL doesn't allow any good scoring chances through 60 minutes of hockey.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I don’t know I think our defense played well but I wouldnt say there wasnt any running around they had a lot of possession in our zone and not only cause of PP.

In the first shots were 14-4 at some point and they didnt have a PP

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Anyone > MacEwan for a roster spot?

replacement level player that can maybe make a difference in 3-4 games where we want him to fight.

If its me .. No roster spot but I respect the opinion that wants a goon.

If its a Chris Neil type .. no question I'd want him

Reactions: DrEasy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don’t know I think our defense played well but I wouldnt say there wasnt any running around they had a lot of possession in our zone and not only cause of PP.

In the first shots were 14-4 at some point and they didnt have a PP

Well, they came out with the crowd behind them. It was basically a road game for Ottawa and they executed.

Reactions: Erik Alfredsson

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
It was awful but that has nothing to do with Ottawa playing a sound defensive game tonight. I think your expectations are way too high for what constitutes as good system play, because there was really nothing to complain about tonight. The goalie is occasionally going to have to make a tough save, no team in the NHL doesn't allow any good scoring chances through 60 minutes of hockey.
Ottwa did not play a solid defensive game, how on earth does one come to that conclusion.

I am not complaining I am stating the obvious. We did not play well, and won. Things to be worked on

Two preseason games left and some practices, hope they show progress

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Chris Neil is a unicorn. We might never see another in Sens jersey again.
Times have changed with the scrappers like Neil coming out of Junior . Maybe Tanner Jeannot
I like Acciari as well although he is not a fighter.. Plays hard and hits hard

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Ottwa did not play a solid defensive game, how on earth does one come to that conclusion.

I am not complaining I am stating the obvious. We did not play well, and won. Things to be worked on
Well there are several people in here saying that they do think they played a pretty solid game, so there must be a logical reason as to why they came to that conclusion.

You are not stating the obvious, you are being needlessly harsh. The improvements in the coverage tonight was pretty clear from the standard from last season. They played well and shut out a team 3-0 on the road.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
The Florida Panthers went all the way to the Cup Final getting outshot relying on their goaltender. And tonight when the PP were 6-0 for the Pens you need your goaltender to stand tall and Korpi was came up huge tonight.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Well there are several people in here saying that they do think they played a pretty solid game, so there must be a logical reason as to why they came to that conclusion.

You are not stating the obvious, you are being needlessly harsh. The improvements in the coverage tonight was pretty clear from the standard from last season. They played well and shut out a team 3-0 on the road.
I mean people disagree, every day in here.

We also may have a different meaning by the term solid. Like we obviously won the game

You say it’s harsh I say it’s realistic. We need to be better in our dzone. I’m sure DJ himself would agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad