What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
There is a memory leak on HFBoards

Leave a tab open overnight, on Safari mobile it won't respond, chrome task manager indicates the tab is using 3gb of memory.

Bad JavaScript development.

been having this problem since the new site launched it's near unbearable. makes the site laggy then the tabs crash. i'm at the point where i might stop browsing (not a loss for the posting community i guess, but i spend a lot of time stalking the boards. not this thread though. that would be creepy). the problem for me seems to be the video ads on the side bar. is there someone we can report this issue to? are they aware of it?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Am I the only one who hasn't had a lot of problems with the new site? Do those who have had it crash typically browse with a bunch of tabs open?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Am I the only one who hasn't had a lot of problems with the new site? Do those who have had it crash typically browse with a bunch of tabs open?

Only things I've had problems with are slooooow loading twitter tweets, and mastering the multi-quote and inserting media. Seems the 'preview' option of the old site isn't here.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Only things I've had problems with are slooooow loading twitter tweets, and mastering the multi-quote and inserting media. Seems the 'preview' option of the old site isn't here.
You can preview using More Options
An easy way to multiquote is with the reply ... After you click reply to one post, you can click reply to another post...both messages will be quoted in your reply message box

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
HF doesn't crash for me. It is however bloated with large file sized ads. Every time I load a page it does a quick refresh of the page. Using this site is a horrible experience atm.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
So today I had the most aggravating driving experience I have ever had. Since most of you probably don't know Calgary roads I will refer to the left most lane as lane A, and the right most as lane B. Anyways I using 14th street (a secondary north-south road) to get to Glenmore Trail (a major east-west road). At the end of 14th street the two lanes pass over Glenmore to make a left turn onto Glenmore becoming lanes D and E. About a kilometre and a half from the end of 14th street lanes D and E turn right to join Crowchild Trail (a major north-south road) and shortly after that exit lane C ends. The portion of lanes D and E between leaving 14th street and getting the dashed white line is quite long so if you are trying to merge onto Glenmore you only have a few hundred metres to move over at least two lanes and there is usually a fair amount of traffic. Today I was driving in line D at the speed limit getting ready for the line to switch from solid white to dashed white when the orange Yaris behind me moves across a solid white line into lane C and drives up beside me so I am unable to get into lane C. I ease off the gas a bit so that he will drive ahead of me and I can get in, but he slows down too. I start to speed up a bit so I can try and get around him, but he speeds up too. So I slow down again and he slows down for a bit, until he changes to lane B and speeds off at what must have been at least 20 over the limit. I did manage to get over to the lane I needed in time, but man did it piss me off :rant:

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
So today I had the most aggravating driving experience I have ever had. Since most of you probably don't know Calgary roads I will refer to the left most lane as lane A, and the right most as lane B. Anyways I using 14th street (a secondary north-south road) to get to Glenmore Trail (a major east-west road). At the end of 14th street the two lanes pass over Glenmore to make a left turn onto Glenmore becoming lanes D and E. About a kilometre and a half from the end of 14th street lanes D and E turn right to join Crowchild Trail (a major north-south road) and shortly after that exit lane C ends. The portion of lanes D and E between leaving 14th street and getting the dashed white line is quite long so if you are trying to merge onto Glenmore you only have a few hundred metres to move over at least two lanes and there is usually a fair amount of traffic. Today I was driving in line D at the speed limit getting ready for the line to switch from solid white to dashed white when the orange Yaris behind me moves across a solid white line into lane C and drives up beside me so I am unable to get into lane C. I ease off the gas a bit so that he will drive ahead of me and I can get in, but he slows down too. I start to speed up a bit so I can try and get around him, but he speeds up too. So I slow down again and he slows down for a bit, until he changes to lane B and speeds off at what must have been at least 20 over the limit. I did manage to get over to the lane I needed in time, but man did it piss me off :rant:

People suck. They really suck in cars.

Everyone think they are a good driver. The evidence is overwhelming that's not true.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I know Im a bad driver and cant wait for AI's to drive me. I hate it but I have no choice.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Any of my friends here got their wisdom teeth out? I'm sure some of you have.

Just got my bottom sets out yesterday morning and gingivectomy, the gums on my right side overgrew onto the top of my regular tooth at the back so they had to snip it. I woke up pretty fine, just a bit dizzy. Only major thing bothering me was the insane bleeding from the gingivectomy like my god the blood clots. Aside from that, pain was on a meh level, took a nice nap after meds and it was all good. Only thing that is bothering me now is the insane swelling.

I was GOING to go the game today, but not anymore :(. Hopefully swelling goes does enough so I can work this weekend.

What are your experiences?

Last edited:

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Never have gotten my wisdom teeth out but have had issues with my teeth in the past. It's never fun to get a tooth pulled but my best wishes to you in your recovery.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

Just got my bottom sets out yesterday morning and gingerectomy, the gums on my right sight overgrow onto the top of my regular tooth at the back so they had to snip it. I woke up pretty fine, just a bit dizzy. Only major thing bothering me was the insane bleeding from the gingivectomy like my god the blood clots. Aside from that, pain was on a meh level, took a nice nap after meds and it was all good. Only thing that is bothering me now is the insane swelling.

I was GOING to go the game today, but not anymore :(. Hopefully swelling goes does enough so I can work this weekend.

I was one of the lucky ones and didn't have any problems. I was even able to eat solid food that night. I went with a general anesthetic. What did you have?

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012

Just got my bottom sets out yesterday morning and gingivectomy, the gums on my right side overgrew onto the top of my regular tooth at the back so they had to snip it. I woke up pretty fine, just a bit dizzy. Only major thing bothering me was the insane bleeding from the gingivectomy like my god the blood clots. Aside from that, pain was on a meh level, took a nice nap after meds and it was all good. Only thing that is bothering me now is the insane swelling.

I had all 4 out plus my two lower pre molars plus they cut away some gum on my lower canines.

I had some good pain meds so there was pretty much no pain but there was a bunch of bleeding right after jt. Luckily I had minimal swelling but I did ice it a bunch. I was on soft foods for around a week or so.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I was one of the lucky ones and didn't have any problems. I was even able to eat solid food that night. I went with a general anesthetic. What did you have?

What is this...madness? I had a general anesthetic too, got put out.

I had all 4 out plus my two lower pre molars plus they cut away some gum on my lower canines.

I had some good pain meds so there was pretty much no pain but there was a bunch of bleeding right after jt. Luckily I had minimal swelling but I did ice it a bunch. I was on soft foods for around a week or so.

Craaap, maybe I should ice it like crazy then. Might be a bit too late :eek:.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I got put under since I had all the additional stuff done.

Also ice won’t hurt!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I know Im a bad driver and cant wait for AI's to drive me. I hate it but I have no choice.

I'm starting to feel that way. I loved driving in my 20s and 30s, but now, it feels like people are nastier behind the wheel. Too many people driving like they're playing a video game and are indestructible. Too much traffic in cities. Not like it used to be, where there was room on the roads to drive.

Reactions: DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
pm xspyrit....he's got the multi reply down pat...lol

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

I had all four out at like 18 as soon as they came in. My dentist doesn't like working on them basically and so just said while you're still covered by insurance you should just get them out. Luckily I had no issues at all, I didn't even bother taking the pain meds they prescribed me

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I had mine removed when I was like 16. I got put under and remember the first day after being really bad, but the pain meds did the trick. I hated having those cotton things in my mouth to soak up the blood though.

Lots of Call of Duty was played.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I gotta say the downfall of having a baby is that when you are sick... you just gotta suck it up! Thankfully she still sleeps most of the time. FML today that's for sure.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Mrs_NyQuil had hers out when we were both still in high school.

She made the mistake of wearing a shirt that wasn't buttoned, so she couldn't physically fit the neck hole around her swollen face to take it off. And it was all bloody and everything.

Good times.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Lots of NHL 18 is being played right now. Riperino my face is still swelling like a chipmunk. At least no pain! A tiny bit of bleeding from the cutting of my gums though.

GASP! My head looks like a literal rectangular block.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Lots of NHL 18 is being played right now. Riperino my face is still swelling like a chipmunk. At least no pain! A tiny bit of bleeding from the cutting of my gums though.

GASP! My head looks like a literal rectangular block.

No better excuse to play video games all day and eat ice cream.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Yea I played through Borderlands 2 and ate a lot of jello when I had mine out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad