OT: Sens Lounge -The four seasons edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Is 5L a lot? I drink that every day at minimum.

500ml-1L on wake up. 3-4L at work and cross fit. 1-1.5L evening. 500ml before bed.
That was my personal record while at work. I drink 500ml every morning before my coffee and at least a liter in the evenings. I'm on my second nalgene rn.

You've got water intake on point though, I don't wanna turn this into a... pissing contest...

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
That was my personal record while at work. I drink 500ml every morning before my coffee and at least a liter in the evenings. I'm on my second nalgene rn.

You've got water intake on point though, I don't wanna turn this into a... pissing contest...
Ah, I missed the "at work" part. Makes sense that's a lot in work time.

Lol. Do we measure by volume or trips to the bathroom...

• Haha
Reactions: Relapsing

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
We had to throw in the towel at 2 today, it just got straight up unbearably miserable. Plus side is I beat my water-consumption-at-work record with a solid 5L today lol
I threw it in a little after 3... Absolutely caked in sawdust.

Never do track my intake, but I probably should at this point. Many glasses of water were crushed.. How many? Enough, hahaha.

Ah, I missed the "at work" part. Makes sense that's a lot in work time.

Lol. Do we measure by volume or trips to the bathroom...
Pretty sure it was just a steady stream of sawdust today, LOL

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Playoff hockey, 35c at the beach, cherries are on sale, double scoop ice cream melting faster then you can eat - is this the greatest week of the year to be Canadian?

Yes it is.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
hey @BonHoonLayneCornell .

there is a flip side to your "life is okay with a little weed in it".

My next door neighbour has fallen into it real bad. She goes from one junkie house mate to another. And I go from one nut job after another threatening me.

a year and a half ago, one nut wanted to burn my house down.

The latest! all seemed fine for a while. Then off the deep end. At 2 am, 2 nights ago. He is screaming and banging. I get up too see the next morning, he has attacked his pine tree.

There has been screaming for 2 days now. And more run ins with him.

She is upset at me because I call her ex-husband to come and collect her. He comes or her parents do and she is upset. Wonders into my backyard, falls down and so on. But, she sees me as a rat.

People come, people go and noise. Cops come, city services. child services..

One of they many beaus was a young afro-Arab.. He is crying on my shoulder a few weeks ago about how she locked him out and is cheating on him. I have not seen him since.

Now I have junior who rings by door bell, knocks on my door and flees. Then he barks at me from her porch.

The boy is coming within an inch of getting his skull cracked open. But, I am actually amused by him and enjoying the lunacy. A beer in his hand at 7 am. After a night of screaming. a tirade at me and off to bed. Then he wakes at 4 pm and more barking at me.

I have her ex husband calling me, needing me as a character witness. They pressed charges against him. He objected to her lighting up in front of their kids!!!

there is a flip side BON. A side that the "bourgeois toker" is not seeing. One that could get me killed or injured. Any one of her nut job boy toys killed or injured. Two kids that are now traumatized. An ex husband who has to watch his life unravel and his two kids traumatized. And he has to fight off undue allegations. And I have to bite my lips hard and hold myself back from cracking a 20 something pothead over the head

When space cadet #1 threatened to burn my home down, it was a few months after my wife died. Had he done so earlier and she was still alive, I would have killed him. No f***ing way was I going to take a chance on her dying in a fire.

I hope that all, come to realize that a flip exists and that the 'Bourgeois toker" is not the whole scene. The dark side is right there.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
He's recovering. Doctor said most people would've bled out from a shot like that, but that he fought hard.

Two weeks ago he gave his first speech since then. He continued to insult and blame the opposition for everything bad in the world.
hey Mac,

two questions

1) is the Slovak and Czech language the same. And is it/was it the common language spoken in the Czechoslovakia days?

2) is there still a Sudetenland and Germans, or were they all expelled after WWII. I know many Central Europeans expelled Germans in 45-47.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

My next door neighbour has fallen into it real bad. She goes from one junkie house mate to another. And I go from one nut job after another threatening me.

The latest! all seemed fine for a while. Then off the deep end. At 2 am, 2 nights ago. He is screaming and banging. I get up too see the next morning, he has attacked his pine tree.

She is upset at me because I call her ex-husband to come and collect her. He comes or her parents do and she is upset. Wonders into my backyard, falls down and so on. But, she sees me as a rat.

One of they many beaus was a young afro-Arab.. He is crying on my shoulder a few weeks ago about how she locked him out and is cheating on him. I have not seen him since.

Now I have junior who rings by door bell, knocks on my door and flees. Then he barks at me from her porch.

The boy is coming within an inch of getting his skull cracked open. But, I am actually amused by him and enjoying the lunacy. A beer in his hand at 7 am. After a night of screaming. a tirade at me and off to bed. Then he wakes at 4 pm and more barking at me.

I have her ex husband calling me, needing me as a character witness. They pressed charges against him. He objected to her lighting up in front of their kids!!!

there is a flip side BON. A side that the "bourgeois toker" is not seeing. One that could get me killed or injured. Any one of her nut job boy toys killed or injured. Two kids that are now traumatized. An ex husband who has to watch his life unravel and his two kids traumatized. And he has to fight off undue allegations. And I have to bite my lips hard and hold myself back from cracking a 20 something pothead over the head

When space cadet #1 threatened to burn my home down, it was a few months after my wife died. Had he done so earlier and she was still alive, I would have killed him. No f***ing way was I going to take a chance on her dying in a fire.

I hope that all, come to realize that a flip exists and that the 'Bourgeois toker" is not the whole scene. The dark side is right there.
i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018

Sounds like they're smoking something alooooot stronger than weed my friend

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Um, I think they were smoking meth, not weed.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018

While they might smoke weed, I don't believe any of that behavior could reasonably be attributed to it. Sounds like they are on a few other things. And probably fundamentally, just shitty people.

Reactions: milkbag

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

If I wrote a 1000 word essay about some shitty people who were stone cold sober, would that show the dark side of abstinence?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
hey Mac,

two questions

1) is the Slovak and Czech language the same. And is it/was it the common language spoken in the Czechoslovakia days?

2) is there still a Sudetenland and Germans, or were they all expelled after WWII. I know many Central Europeans expelled Germans in 45-47.

1) No, but they are quite similar. Because it was one country for a long time, people from both countries were exposed to the other through media and personal contact enough that basically everyone was able to easily understand the other. Today although it is no longer one country, Slovaks are exposed to Czech a lot through media and Czechs to Slovak from all the Slovaks that come to work, study and live here. One interesting note though is that they did try to pass it off as one language when lobbying to establish an independent Czechoslovakia out of the ashes of the Austro-Hungarian empire, because counting it as one language was the only way to show it was the dominant language of the entire territory over German.

2) In short, no, they were all expelled, or like 99% of them. You could say there is still a Sudetenland because after the Germans were expelled, the territory was filled in with people from all around the country, which has led to areas that lack any real roots. This means interpersonal relations are more strained there, and people say the former Sudetenland has a kind of gloomy atmosphere, as if the shadow of the expulsion still hung over it.

Reactions: DrEasy

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
The only stoners I know now are all professionals. Lawyers, accountants, doctors, etc.
I dunno man, those people don't sound like stoners.
A guy that my second cousins friend met in a yahoo chat room told him his Uncle bonged a whole weed once and he started having relations with animals and ended up eating his Aunt in a drug-fueled stupor. Marihuana-- not even once!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Lol, I'm sober so none of those refreshing beverages.

Just loads of ice coffee and water throughout the day, while my dog rolls around in the grass loving the weather
What is actually very good is Perth Brewery's "Play" non-alcoholic beer. I think for me it is a bit of a game changer. I am starting to feel more effects of alcohol and they reaffirm that this stuff while delicious, isn't really good for you at all. I think moderation is fine but in general I think I am starting to get the message

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Just trying to get a general idea of the age groups in here
I think you'd get a more accurate gauge if you asked something like:

Have you used a typewritter?
Have you used a rotary phone?
Have you used a standalone fax machine? (probably some lawyers and doctors would answer yes to this one at a higher than expected rate)
Have you used a pager?
Have you used a non smart cell phone?
Did you ever own a CRT tv? Was it black and white?
Name the slowest baud modem you've ever used? 110, 300,1200, 2400, 5600 14.4, 28.8 ect,

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
What is actually very good is Perth Brewery's "Play" non-alcoholic beer. I think for me it is a bit of a game changer. I am starting to feel more effects of alcohol and they reaffirm that this stuff while delicious, isn't really good for you at all. I think moderation is fine but in general I think I am starting to get the message
The only booze I used to enjoy taste wise were Ciders (Strongbow or Growers).

I'm too cheap to buy non-alcoholic beer though. Ever since I sobered up, I've had more rec money for concerts and kleenex (for wiping my tears during the Dorion era)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad