OT: Sens Lounge -The four seasons edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Best to have people learn the limits of their car at a closed circuit. This is where you learn how to drive and polish your reaction times.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
why would you convert 100km/h to ft per second? like, we have the metric system for a reason, damnit...

Some of us grew up using the Imperial system, and lived through the (still ongoing) switch to the metric system.

The switch was less controversial in Quebec than in the rest of Canada, as the Quebecers saw the old system as part of the British heritage, that they viewed negativity. Prime Minister Trudeau alone, had decided on the switch to metric, because of its simplicity and because much of the world was already using that system; and for some reason he thought the United States would also make the switch.
He was wrong, and a lot of us who lived through the switch, use both systems, as the USA is still our largest trading partner.

Yes, most of us are used to parts of the Metric System, such as litres for milk and gas for examples, but we all still use yards on the golf course, and the CFL .

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yes, most of us are used to parts of the Metric System, such as litres for milk and gas for examples, but we all still use yards on the golf course, and the CFL .

The one that gets me is the use of the metric system for height and weight like in Europe.

2m tall? Is that tall? Seems tall?

You occasionally get asked for it on forms and I'm always using the calculator.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
The one that gets me is the use of the metric system for height and weight like in Europe.

2m tall? Is that tall? Seems tall?

You occasionally get asked for it on forms and I'm always using the calculator.

Imperial is great for height and weight.

6'+ is tall. Less than 5' is tiny.

Real men are over 200 lbs and adults under 100 lbs are malnourished.

Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad