OT: Sens Lounge -The four seasons edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Mine was 50 years old, don’t see the issue, more accurate usage is also a benefit.

How does replacing a water metre generate more money, seems like it costs the city money as apposed to a revenue generator, even thougytates have been increasing.
The report seems to indicate the older meters would consistently under count, so more accurate readings would mean more revenue as reported usage would be higher even if actual usage doesn't change.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
How dare they want to accurately measure water usage...

Pretty sure it was the provincial government in Ontario, perhaps 18 years ago, that decided to replace all electricity meters, in the province, no matter if the existing ones were working perfectly or not …. Mine was less than 10 years old, and was replaced …… instead of just replacing them with news ones, once the old ones failed…. Tremendous expenditure for the tax payers, for no reason.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
f*** you to all racists, Xenophobes and every other Phoebe. f*** you to Trump, to Xi, to Putin and every other disgusting human being looking to separate us through racism.

How are these three using racism, to separate us?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The report seems to indicate the older meters would consistently under count, so more accurate readings would mean more revenue as reported usage would be higher even if actual usage doesn't change.
not sure if it under counted, when the smallest granularity is 0.5 cubic metres. Seems like it would balance out, some times higher sometimes lower.

0.5 cubic metres is 500 litres of water, that allows for a lot of variance each way.
so more accurate the better.

Will take awhile to generate revenue when considering the upfront cost of purchasing the metres, and installation costs.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I wonder what the numbers are on the age demographic of collisions caused. Is that data easily available? Young people need to mature as drivers, and that's one area I think they should be smacked down more and sooner with traffic violations be it pulled over or a camera ticket. Whenever I see someone going way too fast (not just a little over), speeding through a school zone, or most times I have a close call with someone obviously on their cell phone, they look like they're about 18 years old.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Does anyone here drive/own a Jeep Wrangler, in the model year 2021 or newer? Looking for owners feedback.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Inside you are two wolves, the multipart Tragically Hip doc series, and the multipart Vince McMahon doc series

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I wonder what the numbers are on the age demographic of collisions caused. Is that data easily available? Young people need to mature as drivers, and that's one area I think they should be smacked down more and sooner with traffic violations be it pulled over or a camera ticket. Whenever I see someone going way too fast (not just a little over), speeding through a school zone, or most times I have a close call with someone obviously on their cell phone, they look like they're about 18 years old.
I don’t know, most of the bad & overly aggressive drivers I see are middle aged guys driving an Audi / BMW / Merc or massive pickup truck.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The younger and less experienced the more accidents. Insurance rates bear that out. The data used to be available, no idea if still is.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don’t know, most of the bad & overly aggressive drivers I see are middle aged guys driving an Audi / BMW / Merc or massive pickup truck.
Worst are the new drivers in the parents BMW/MERC or massive pickup truck, same sense of entitlement but with less experience

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's a bad driving multiplier

That or a tow truck
Oh. I thought you were just trying to let us know about a shady landscaping company to avoid, didn't realize it was related to poor driving,

Ok, so...

Parents BMW, being driven by a 17 yr old, with landscaping decals, that's the car to avoid...

Reactions: Senscore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad