OT: Sens Lounge: "Pleeease won't you be.....my neighboµr"

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Carla from Cheers? I think his character had something to do with hockey mascots
That was quicker than I thought! Yep, her husband Eddie was the mascot and they killed him off by being run over by the Zamboni.

Don't ask why that immediately popped into my head after watching the drunk Zamboni driver...

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Squater's rights is the way to go, just wait till @jbeck5 is off on a drive in his sweet N series Kona, and you can slip into one of his and change the locks.

It's just called Kona N lol. Or KN for short.

Good luck changing the locks. That would be never ending maintenance work. No one wants a free cottage if they have to do maintenance.

Squater's rights is the way to go, just wait till @jbeck5 is off on a drive in his sweet N series Kona, and you can slip into one of his and change the locks.

It's just called Kona N lol. Or KN for short.

Good luck changing the locks. That would be never ending maintenance work. No one wants a free cottage if they have to
Generally people will pay money for a better experience, things like this and, media piracy really tend to grab hold when you can get a better experience by not paying for the service.

This.

I would probably still park at the dealership if the dealership parking was $20 and the parking lot parking was free.

Getting to your car and being on the highway within 2 minutes is worth it. I hate being stuck in traffic where people take their sweet ass time getting through.

"Better to just relax and drive our comfortably rather than rush"

Like, "no Steve, f***ing rush so I can get out of here. Step on it"

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
What's a reasonable avenue for me to afford a cottage? I can't do Only Fans.

Get a piece of shit and fix it up, or go back in time and ask your parents to buy one when they were the equivalent of 25-50k now.

Otherwise, there are still a bunch of cottages going for 50-100k in Quebec...some of them are even 4 seasons.

Depends how bougie you are though. If you're ok with some drafty cottage where you can just go every weekend and get away, you can make small improvements over the years where in 10-20 years, it's sweet and all upgraded.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Get a piece of shit and fix it up, or go back in time and ask your parents to buy one when they were the equivalent of 25-50k now.

Otherwise, there are still a bunch of cottages going for 50-100k in Quebec...some of them are even 4 seasons.

Depends how bougie you are though. If you're ok with some drafty cottage where you can just go every weekend and get away, you can make small improvements over the years where in 10-20 years, it's sweet and all upgraded.
What does "bougie" mean? Is it pronounced like "Boogie"? Never seen that word.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That was quicker than I thought! Yep, her husband Eddie was the mascot and they killed him off by being run over by the Zamboni.

Don't ask why that immediately popped into my head after watching the drunk Zamboni driver..
It ties together, I think Nick was a drunk, the series was about a bar, and as you say he was killed by a zamboni. Makes perfect sense to me.

Reactions: PlayersLtd

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Weird. Haven't heard that one before. Must be new(ish) slang.

Funny story involving cottages and someone being unfamiliar with the slang that's been around for a while.

Remember how 20-25 years ago, the word "sick" blew up to describe "cool" or "awesome"? Well, 15 years ago, my dad was still unfamiliar with the expression. So on the Friday night my group went to go party with some new people down the beach. The guys dad was there partying with us with his moonshine or whatever. Good times. Fast forward to the next night around the fire. That old man meets my dad for the first time...and he says "your son is sick!" And my dad says "really? How much did he drink?" And the man goes "I don't know...a lot I guess?". My dad probably disappointed I overdid it and can't handle my alcohol. An hour later he comes across me with my friends just having a normal time, and I'm gulping beer down...my dad comes to me "should you really still be drinking if you were just throwing up?" I was so confused..."dad...I've had like 4-5 beers. I can easily handle 3 times this over the night and I definitely haven't thrown up."

Anyways, we figured out my dad has never heard the expression of something or someone being sick meaning they're super fun or whatever.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Funny story involving cottages and someone being unfamiliar with the slang that's been around for a while.

Remember how 20-25 years ago, the word "sick" blew up to describe "cool" or "awesome"? Well, 15 years ago, my dad was still unfamiliar with the expression. So on the Friday night my group went to go party with some new people down the beach. The guys dad was there partying with us with his moonshine or whatever. Good times. Fast forward to the next night around the fire. That old man meets my dad for the first time...and he says "your son is sick!" And my dad says "really? How much did he drink?" And the man goes "I don't know...a lot I guess?". My dad probably disappointed I overdid it and can't handle my alcohol. An hour later he comes across me with my friends just having a normal time, and I'm gulping beer down...my dad comes to me "should you really still be drinking if you were just throwing up?" I was so confused..."dad...I've had like 4-5 beers. I can easily handle 3 times this over the night and I definitely haven't thrown up."

Anyways, we figured out my dad has never heard the expression of something or someone being sick meaning they're super fun or whatever.
Lol, well, the slang of today always seems to pass over a large portion of the next generation. I have to be honest that I flagged bougie out of confusion and curiosity, and now I just find it grating as I attempt to say it out loud, so it's out of my vocabulary already. I have accepted my old man card and will go drink some black coffee and eat my 80% cocoa dark chocolate in peace now thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: jbeck5

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Lol, well, the slang of today always seems to pass over a large portion of the next generation. I have to be honest that I flagged bougie out of confusion and curiosity, and now I just find it grating as I attempt to say it out loud, so it's out of my vocabulary already. I have accepted my old man card and will go drink some black coffee and eat my 80% cocoa dark chocolate in peace now thank you.

Don't forget to read the newspaper in paper form!

• Haha
Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I realized I was old when talking to my kids and not having a skibiddy clue what an op with no Riz was....

• Haha
Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad