GDT: Sens @ Leafs pre-season - 7PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Does anyone deserver a pass?

Maybe Tanev?

None of the other looked competent. None.

The team looked like they had no coaching whatsoever tonight... they laid an egg for the first 30 minutes and I thought it was a real disservice to the work they've supposedly put in with Berube. A terrible way to make a first impression. Then they got into their usual yakkity sax rally mode, gave it up as soon as they went ahead, pushed it to OT on last minute heroics, dominated OT only to end up blowing it to a bottom feeder on a rush chance via breakdown. This exact same script happens probably 0.75x per week.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think the fact it was their first pre season game had something to do with it. Maybe.

It is just preseason, but the cultural problem here is they usually look like the second most prepared team. Remember when Detroit had to travel in a blizzard with airplane problems and the Leafs looked like trash? It's just these predictable sloppy games that tell you who they really are.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The team looked like they had no coaching whatsoever tonight... they laid an egg for the first 30 minutes and I thought it was a real disservice to the work they've supposedly put in with Berube. A terrible way to make a first impression. Then they got into their usual yakkity sax rally mode, gave it up as soon as they went ahead, pushed it to OT on last minute heroics, dominated OT only to end up blowing it to a bottom feeder on a rush chance via breakdown. This exact same script happens probably 0.75x per week.
Summed up perfectly Stephen

Reactions: Stephen and Al14

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
What's this fascination by our GM for players that either arrived banged up, on their last legs, have chronic ailments or soon to be LTIR candidates? Can't be scouting players in your head sitting on a deck at the cottage over a few beer, reminiscing how effective players were 5-10 years ago before picking up the phone. Where's that pic of Brad anyway when you need it?

Reactions: Al14

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
yeah this.

Reactions: Enniskillen

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Same old Leafs !!!

The Sens have set the tone for the regular season.

Even coach Green said he was happy that his team won the game.

Berube fared NO BETTER with this Leafs team, especially with our core in the lineup. Terribly out-shot and out-hustled in the 1st period as per usual. The entire team of nearly ALL REGULARS, including our over-paid core, got beat by a second rate Sens lineup.

Pre-season or not, a team needs to always try to win the game when the score is being counted. The Sens knew this and played right, our Leafs played like usual, with no passion, no energy, and zero interest in beating a very beatable team.

Muskoka cottage country is missing their clowns !!!

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Same old Leafs !!!

The Sens have set the tone for the regular season.

Even coach Green said he was happy that his team won the game.

Berube fared NO BETTER with this Leafs team, especially with our core in the lineup. Terribly out-shot and out-hustled in the 1st period as per usual. The entire team of nearly ALL REGUALRS, including our over-paid core, got beat by a second rate Sens lineup.

Pre-season or not, a team needs to always try to win the game when the score is being counted. The Sens knew this and played right, our Leafs played like usual, with no passion, no energy, and zero interest in beating a very beatable team.

Muskoka cottage country is missing their clowns !!!
Take a sedative. It's the first pre season game.

Reactions: Bejeezus and Mr_Fun

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Berube go through my post history or what?

Effort level in games like this have plagued the Leafs for years.

It was smart for Bérubé to run his core guys in this game, they showed him their colours.

I liked the setup they were using behind the net. Finally some different looks on the PP and in puck movement. Even if it’s not used all the time, some diversity will help open up lanes

Reactions: Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Take a sedative. It's the first pre season game.
And all the BAD HABITS still exist despite 'the changes' and the new coaching staff.

Pre-season or not, I want my Leafs to win every single game. I don't accept mediocrity at this point, especially having witnessed the past 8 seasons.

Our Leafs played like they took sedatives prior to stepping on the ice for tonight's game.

I hate losing to the Sens and Habs with a passion.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
This isn't just game one of preseason, this is game 630 something of the Matthews, Marner, Nylander Rielly era. All their tendencies and patterns, performances by day, week, month are well documented and very repetitive.
This was practically their opening night starting lineup, they have nothing to prove, it's just a glorified scrimmage for them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad