GDT: Sens @ Leafs pre-season - 7PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Only one game, would like to see a lot more obviously, but quick takes.

Greb looked good on the offensive side of the puck, he looked lost defensively.

Pacioretty put up points, but not sold yet, want to see more of him, not sure the play was tilted far enough that way.

Cowan looked very average, not a lot of good or bad, young player though, let him develop.

Webber has some tools but his decision making is atrocious, send him to the Marlies and work with him A LOT on positional play and anticipating plays.

Reaves looked good.

Tavares looked good.

Quillan looked alright too, still young (22 I think).

Noticed Marner skating a lot harder than a lot of the other stars, I think he is taking the criticism to heart and has something to prove.

All the D pairings looked bad.

Domi/Nylander looked bad.

Top line looked good.

Goaltending was not good (there were short periods where it was good).

Again, only a single pre-season game, excited for hockey to be back.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'd like to see the following D-pairings

Rielly Tanev
Benoit McCabe
OEL Liljegren

OEL still has a cup hangover. He should be eased in a bit and keep him rested a bit with limited minutes IMO

With Liljegren running the 2nd PP so he feels involved or hell even on the 1st PP because he can wire the puck

Yeah, I like Benoit McCabe a lot more than OEL McCabe.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Only one game, would like to see a lot more obviously, but quick takes.

Greb looked good on the offensive side of the puck, he looked lost defensively.

Pacioretty put up points, but not sold yet, want to see more of him, not sure the play was tilted far enough that way.

Cowan looked very average, not a lot of good or bad, young player though, let him develop.

Webber has some tools but his decision making is atrocious, send him to the Marlies and work with him A LOT on positional play and anticipating plays.

Reaves looked good.

Tavares looked good.

Quillan looked alright too, still young (22 I think).

Noticed Marner skating a lot harder than a lot of the other stars, I think he is taking the criticism to heart and has something to prove.

All the D pairings looked bad.

Domi/Nylander looked bad.

Top line looked good.

Goaltending was not good (there were short periods where it was good).

Again, only a single pre-season game, excited for hockey to be back.
Rielly-Tanev was a good pair. Otherwise it was a mess.

Reactions: HolyCrap

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Tanev didn’t suck. He’s not an elite skater so if that’s what you expect then you’re going to be really disappointed lol

They looked lost passing to each other and co-ordinating defensively, I suspect they will get a lot better the more comfortable they get with each other, not worried.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

7822.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TMLAM34

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Tanev didn’t suck. He’s not an elite skater so if that’s what you expect then you’re going to be really disappointed lol

Tanev's value will be more apparent when the stakes are higher and you're in those nail biting defensive moments and close out situations. Right now, he's fine. I didn't Rielly looked at good either.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Hey guys... you know its the start of pre-season and not he playoff right?!?!?!

I don't know who anticipate tham everyone would be sharp, with great execution and playing like game 83 of season?

It was a classic pre season game with a ton of broken play and thing to upgrade like every year.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
OEL looked defensively confused, which is alarming, but in motion he looked good. So I think he's got to be sheltered, used on the LD and given the offensive assignments to squeeze productivity out of him.

Liljegren, I dunno. Just a lot of casual, mistake prone stuff out there. But I think we all know he's a flawed player.

Does anyone deserver a pass?

Maybe Tanev?

None of the other looked competent. None.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad