GDT: Sens @ Leafs pre-season - 7PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
We gave the Sens all they could handle and except for a bit of "bad luck" (to use a Marnerism) we could have beaten those bottom-feeders. :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I know it’s one game, but OEL looks like he needs to be planted on the third pair and PP unit. Nothing higher.

OEL - Hakanpaa third pair.

I don't think you want him defending that much, but when he's turning north headed towards the offensive transition he looks alright.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Pacioretty was really good.
OEL was really bad.
Cowan had a few nice plays but also some junior plays.
Greb showing some nice grit.

Hopefully OEL isn't another Klingberg.

I remember reading comments by Panthers fans that he was pretty good last year. Obviously he was quite sheltered and on a good, deep team.

Reactions: weems

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I know it’s one game, but OEL looks like he needs to be planted on the third pair and PP unit. Nothing higher.

OEL - Hakanpaa third pair.

OEL was awful in this game.

Also didn't love Liljegren's game but I think he might have played better as the game went on.

Just game 1 but we need to get some good play out of these two.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Please no...
1727056392550.jpeg

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'd like to see the following D-pairings

Rielly Tanev
Benoit McCabe
OEL Liljegren

OEL still has a cup hangover. He should be eased in a bit and keep him rested a bit with limited minutes IMO

With Liljegren running the 2nd PP so he feels involved or hell even on the 1st PP because he can wire the puck

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
OEL was awful in this game.

Also didn't love Liljegren's game but I think he might have played better as the game went on.

Just game 1 but we need to get some good play out of these two.

OEL looked defensively confused, which is alarming, but in motion he looked good. So I think he's got to be sheltered, used on the LD and given the offensive assignments to squeeze productivity out of him.

Liljegren, I dunno. Just a lot of casual, mistake prone stuff out there. But I think we all know he's a flawed player.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad