Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Chicago, Thursday night 8:30 pm

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Boucher is probably sending a message to Dorion by playing Lajoie so much.

That message is "put your money where your mouth is".

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
How often does a player go from not being able to get on the ice in the AHL to making a case for himself to be in the top-4 of an NHL team is less than a calendar year?

I don't know if this is a reflection of how much Lajoie has improved, how bad our defense is or how out of touch Kurt Kleinendorst was last season.

Too 4 legit NHL team or top 4 Ottawa Senators team?

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
It should be wide open but imo Boro , Demelo and Wideman are locks making 5. Harpur (one way) will be in the 7 ... so Wolanin , Lajoie or Jaros will be the other one if they keep 7. I expect Wolanin to stay up. Lajoie should have earned at least a game. Demelo and Harpur's spots should be up for grabs for sure but ...

Yeah the way i see it, which is not necessarely how i would do it.

Chabot-Ceci
Xxx-Demelo
Boro-Wideman
XXX.

I think 2 of Lajoie Harpur and Wolanin are going to make the team. And i believe Wolanin and Harpur are going to be the ones by default.

Lajoie-Jaros getting 24-25 min in the AHL until injuries occured is probably smart to do. Even if personnaly, i would put Lajoie in that open spot on the second pair. Wolanin and Harpur didn't proved they were ahead this season. Hell, i feel Jaros should be in the top 6. But Wideman will be good for the PP. It left Demelo who i believe was not bad at all. He plays a quiet game.

JCraw1

Jul 22, 2014
Any way to tell whose stick this is from tonights game in Chicago? I was hoping the Bobby Ryan stick that he almost scored on but its a lefty stick.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180927-225258_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180927-225258_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Boucher is probably sending a message to Dorion by playing Lajoie so much.

That message is "put your money where your mouth is".

Boucher has been consistently high on Lajoie. So it's possible considering how bad our d-core is, he just thinks he's the best player. Boucher really didn't play the young guys a lot tonight, it seems like Lajoie was the exception to the rule.

If any message was sent, it was Boucher's use of Zack Smith who played more than anybody other than Stone and Tierney up front.

On a side note, Ceci played 27 minutes tonight. What did everybody think of his game?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Boucher has been consistently high on Lajoie. So it's possible considering how bad our d-core is, he just thinks he's the best player. Boucher really didn't play the young guys a lot tonight, it seems like Lajoie was the exception to the rule.

If any message was sent, it was Boucher's use of Zack Smith who played more than anybody other than Stone and Tierney up front.

On a side note, Ceci played 27 minutes tonight. What did everybody think of his game?

I'm saying Boucher seems to truly believe Lajoie deserves to stay up with Ottawa while Dorion insists Harpur play there instead. All this icetime, including important PK minutes, is definitely sending a message imo.

Zack Smith's toi is also a message but the two are not mutually exclusive.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

People will probably say that he sucked but Ceci did a good job overall tonight. Kept thing simple, good on the PK. Nothing on Ozone as usual.

That's only my point of view. Other people Might have différent view.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Didn’t see any problem with Ceci, but only watched the last 30 minutes. He was quietly good but he is never going to be an offensive dynamo. I like when he forechecks though

He seemed less hesitant in the defensive zone, which will be key for him. He has to not overthink and not hold onto the puck, attracting double forecheck. Ideally he has 3 better D-men on his team « sheltering him »... Chabot and the hope for now is on Lajoie and Wolanin.

If Melnyk wasn’t so money oriented, Harpur would be back in the AHL for now until he rediscovers what made him good down there in the first place

Chabot-Ceci
Lajoie-DeMelo
Wolanin-Wideman
Boro

RD is not ideal but what can you do when you trade EK for non-Defensemen?

JCraw1

Jul 22, 2014
Reactions: danielpalfredsson

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lajoie should be playing bottom pair minutes or top pairing in the AHL. He'll get top 4 looks 10 games in lol.

Chlapik is ready, even though I've been vocal on giving him at least 20-30 more games in the AHL.

Formenton has earned his 8 more games. But he'll probably stick all year.

We will need Ceci to have some sort of revelation.

I just don't want us to finish bottom 5. Bottom 10? Sure whatever I don't care, just not bottom 5 please.

Tkachuk is awesome but he needs to dominate offensively a bit more to add swagger to his game. Through him in the AHL for 20-30 games but the guy is better than 80% of our current lineup so thats fat chance.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Lajoie should be playing bottom pair minutes or top pairing in the AHL. He'll get top 4 looks 10 games in lol.

Chlapik is ready, even though I've been vocal on giving him at least 20-30 more games in the AHL.

Formenton has earned his 8 more games. But he'll probably stick all year.

We will need Ceci to have some sort of revelation.

I just don't want us to finish bottom 5. Bottom 10? Sure whatever I don't care, just not bottom 5 please.

Tkachuk is awesome but he needs to dominate offensively a bit more to add swagger to his game. Through him in the AHL for 20-30 games but the guy is better than 80% of our current lineup so thats fat chance.

I don't think Ceci was bad tonight. In fact, scoring chances were not overly abundant from Chicago. Boys played hard

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
thank you! I thought it might be because a kid in front of us had a full Dzingel stick and his jersey on when we walked down near the benches and a trainer had a broken stick and we yelled it was her birthday and he gave her that broken stick end.

Dzingel is from Chicago, so that's kind of cool.

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
People will probably say that he sucked but Ceci did a good job overall tonight. Kept thing simple, good on the PK. Nothing on Ozone as usual.

Yep. Didn't try too hard. The biggest thing I noticed - his shots actually hit the net. Not that it should be celebrated, but after watching him shoot if four feet wide continuously last season, it was nice to see.

Reactions: Alex1234

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Formenton is astonishingly fast.
Lajoie has a ton of poise considering his experience.
Duchene, provided health, is going to have an enormous year offensively.
Tkachuk is going to be a fan favorite before the 20 game mark.
Stone is still as good as ever.
Condon had a very nice, calm game.
The penalty kill was very good.

Most of this means little until we see a sample of regular season games.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

As per usually, he had a few moments where he hesitated with the puck and it turned a good play into nothing. Every time I watch him he does a lot of things really well to get himself into a good situation only to take an extra second to make a decision resulting in the opposition closing in and wiping all the good out. Last night wasn't as bad, but they need to figure out how to get rid of that hesitation with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad