Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Flames Receive:
Brady Tkachuk
Erik Brannstrom

Senators Receive:
Sean Monahan
Noah Hanifin

Senators receive former Ottawa 67, Sean Monahan who would instantly become their #1 center. Noah Hanifin is more polished then Erik Branstromm at this point, so he’d give the Sens a legit top 4 defenseman. Flames technically get worse in the short term, but with Valimaki killing it in Finland, Hanifin becomes expendable. They also add another power forward in Matthew’s brother along with a talented young defenseman who can play on their farm team or as their #6 or #7. Ottawa can take on the contracts like few teams can, but if retention is needed, I’m sure the Flames could retain a hefty number.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Flames Receive:
Brady Tkachuk
Erik Brannstrom

Senators Receive:
Sean Monahan
Noah Hanifin

Senators receive former Ottawa 67, Sean Monahan who would instantly become their #1 center. Noah Hanifin is more polished then Erik Branstromm at this point, so he’d give the Sens a legit top 4 defenseman. Flames technically get worse in the short term, but with Valimaki killing it in Finland, Hanifin becomes expendable. They also add another power forward in Matthew’s brother along with a talented young defenseman who can play on their farm team or as their #6 or #7. Ottawa can take on the contracts like few teams can, but if retention is needed, I’m sure the Flames could retain a hefty number.
Sounds good. Draw it up...

Reactions: Dan Kelly

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
absolutely gross proposal, Tkachuk is worth more to us then those two players alone and you want Brannstrom added on top of that?

Huge no

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Flames Receive:
Brady Tkachuk
Erik Brannstrom

Senators Receive:
Sean Monahan
Noah Hanifin

Sens Fans reaction:

Reactions: xVolchenkov

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
Counter

Brady Tkachuk for Elias Lindholm, Jusso Valamaki, Rasmus Andersson and 2021 1st.
I hope this is sarcasm. 2021 1st + Lindholm is close. You are dreaming if we are going to throw in our two best D prospects.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I hope this is sarcasm. 2021 1st + Lindholm is close. You are dreaming if we are going to throw in our two best D prospects.

You want to take the core forward of a rebuild from a franchise, its going to take a ludicrous overpayment.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You want to take the core forward of a rebuild from a franchise, its going to take a ludicrous overpayment.

I like Brady. He touches a lot of areas of the game. So does Lindholm. Lindholm gets you 70 points, Brady has never had more than 45. I left that proposal alone as I assumed it was sarcastic like my Lucic for Stutzle one was.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
How about you give us Matt Tkachuk, Bennett and we will give you Brannstrom, Batherson, Thomson and Logan Brown.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
absolutely gross proposal, Tkachuk is worth more to us then those two players alone and you want Brannstrom added on top of that?

Huge no
I get that Ottawa absolutely loves Brady. But he's a winger and Monahan is a center which is the premier position in the league. Thus, more valuable. Secondly, I'm not sure what Brady's true potential is. I'd be surprised if he ever hits the 80 point mark like Monahan. So, I don't think it's that crazy.

Plus, you have Matt Murray's new 4 year contract which would last the same duration as Noah Hanifins. Established #1 center, top 4 defenseman for sophomore winger and D prospect is hardly gross.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I get that Ottawa absolutely loves Brady. But he's a winger and Monahan is a center which is the premier position in the league. Thus, more valuable. Secondly, I'm not sure what Brady's true potential is. I'd be surprised if he ever hits the 80 point mark like Monahan. So, I don't think it's that crazy.

Plus, you have Matt Murray's new 4 year contract which would last the same duration as Noah Hanifins. Established #1 center, top 4 defenseman for sophomore winger and D prospect is hardly gross.

Brady isn't all about points. He's a power forward, an agitator. He can get dirty in front of the net, distract players, get under their skin. Forecheck hard and fight. Not to mention the leadership he shows as such a young player.

I'll take all of that over the extra 20 or 30 points a softer forward can provide. And who is to say Brady is going to top out at 50ish points anyway?

The Senators have no reason to trade him at all. They're literally building the identity of the team around him. The fanbase absolutely loves him.

Dude is as close to untouchable as a player can get. Only way to pry him out of Ottawa is offer way more than he's worth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad