OT: Sens comeback player of the year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will be the Sens comeback player of the year?

• Total voters

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
The rookie tournament was a warm up. The kid hasn't really played or touched a puck in months. He's been basically injured his entire pro career. Our entire rookie team was terrible. I think Boucher has the potential through his skating, physicality and his shot to make an impact on our bottom two lines. It may not be in training camp, but if he can stay healthy I believe he will have a good season on the AHL and NHL.
I need to see a lot more. He hadn't really contributed offensively prior to being drafted, in college or in junior.

He is maybe slightly above average, size-wise so he isn't some imposing physical force at the pro level and skating is only useful if you know where to go.
I am also more concerned right now if Yakemchuk can learn to simplify his game even a little bit during the main NHL camp. He tried to do too much during the rookie camp and it cost him dearly in the +/- category.
I find it interesting that this is a concern for a fresh faced 18 year old at his 1st camp. Loads of time for his game to mature. A full year of junior and then most likely a full year in the AHL.
By comparison, Boucher not showing up on the score sheet doesn't necessarily mean he didn't play well.
I watched every game, and he didn't play well. Points or no points.

If he was going to be physically imposing and show off his skating/shot, this was the place to do it. He will be 22 in January.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Pinto is an odd choice with these guys.

I'll choose Forsberg because Pinto is developing just fine.
Pinto was really good last year. Agree he shouldnt be on here.

I see alot of Norris votes. Wishful thinking or realistic choice......

Chabot or Forsberg are the ones I am hopeful about.

My choice isn’t in the poll… Stuetzle.
good one!

I think Jensen is going to surprise a lot of our fans with how he stabilizes our D core.

I think Timmy is going to rock it this year. It won't really be a surprise for me. Norris coming back from shoulder injury and lighting it up would be my comeback surprise, although I kind of expect it. If his shoulder is solid and finally fixed correctly, I could see Norris absolutely light it up. He's a very smart player, when he's fully in the game.
He came in lighter which is encouraging for the people that are saying he lost a step. Chabot and Stutzle came in significantly heavier. Sounds like Chabby got the message from Jack.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
This is a hard one. We absolutely need both Chabot and Norris to have their best season (so far) in their careers this year, to have a chance at making the playoffs and taking the next step.

But, we also need Forsberg to be solid enough to handle 35-40 games this year. And we need Pinto to play a full 82 games with the (guilt-induced) intensity we saw at the end of last season.

If Boucher manages to carve a role in the bottom 6 (or, more realistically, bottom 3)....that's a bonus at this stage of the game.
If Boucher makes the Ottawa Senators team and plays a solid physical and defensive game on the 4th line, that could be the comeback of the year; I doubt it happens.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
If Boucher makes the Ottawa Senators team and plays a solid physical and defensive game on the 4th line, that could be the comeback of the year; I doubt it happens.
I would bet my house this doesn't happen.

He hasn't shown he can play in thw AHL yet. Even if he looks great, the team would be bonkers to keep him up, knowing how much development he missed.

If he plays in the NHL I would say it is at least a year away.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I need to see a lot more. He hadn't really contributed offensively prior to being drafted, in college or in junior.

He is maybe slightly above average, size-wise so he isn't some imposing physical force at the pro level and skating is only useful if you know where to go.

I find it interesting that this is a concern for a fresh faced 18 year old at his 1st camp. Loads of time for his game to mature. A full year of junior and then most likely a full year in the AHL.

I watched every game, and he didn't play well. Points or no points.

If he was going to be physically imposing and show off his skating/shot, this was the place to do it. He will be 22 in January.
I want to know that Yakemchuck has brains. That's honestly my only concern. I don't want another Cowen or Wiercioch on our hands. Like I said, I want to see if he can make SMALL adjustments from the rookie tournament. I think he can, but I still want to see it. I know he's got time to develop and I expect he will develop on a good time line.

Those rookie games only showed how we've lost a lot of depth in our prospect pool. I thought there were parts of the games our team played decent, but most of the time the other teams looked like they were on another level. I don't expect Boucher to step on the ice and make magic, but I do expect this season will build well for him. If I am wrong by the end of the season, you can have at me then.

I would bet my house this doesn't happen.

He hasn't shown he can play in thw AHL yet. Even if he looks great, the team would be bonkers to keep him up, knowing how much development he missed.

If he plays in the NHL I would say it is at least a year away.

I agree with this.

Reactions: OD99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad