OT: Sens comeback player of the year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will be the Sens comeback player of the year?

• Total voters

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Who will be the Sens comeback player of the year this season?

Thomas Chabot - was up and down last season, and honest assessment he has another level or two to grow his game.

Anton Forsberg - can he finally settle into the roll as solid backup on a playoff team, needs to deliver wins

Josh Norris - so much riding on this season and where he establishes himself in the lineup, has the pedigree

Shane Pinto - the moustache continues to disguise the true beauty of this player. Could this be the season he becomes the big center every NHL dreams of

Tyler Boucher - if he plays NHL games and looks good, we could have something. If he’s healthy for a playoff bound team he could be an impact bottom line forward exploding unsuspecting Dmen. No player in the system has more riding on a healthy season

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
I'm not confident that Norris's shoulder will last, so I'm voting Chabby and hoping that Jensen is his Methot, allowing him to level up.

Reactions: Tuna99

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pinto.

His issues were off-ice so easiest choice.

That would be a Dylan DeMelo in his prime. Even Zub might be better than 34 year old Jensen.
I think Pinto already had his comeback last year, no? I don't think he should have been included here, Stützle would have made more sense since he actually underperformed.

Reactions: Cosmix and LiseL

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think Pinto already had his comeback last year, no? I don't think he should have been included here, Stützle would have made more sense since he actually underperformed.

I don’t get it either which is why I picked him.

Basically play more games and he wins. Not a high bar to clear.

Reactions: Micklebot

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is a hard one. We absolutely need both Chabot and Norris to have their best season (so far) in their careers this year, to have a chance at making the playoffs and taking the next step.

But, we also need Forsberg to be solid enough to handle 35-40 games this year. And we need Pinto to play a full 82 games with the (guilt-induced) intensity we saw at the end of last season.

If Boucher manages to carve a role in the bottom 6 (or, more realistically, bottom 3)....that's a bonus at this stage of the game.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is a hard one. We absolutely need both Chabot and Norris to have their best season (so far) in their careers this year, to have a chance at making the playoffs and taking the next step.
If Norris and Chabot have their best seasons, this team is coasting into the playoffs, we need them to just be effective in their roles, which in both cases is a lesser role than they had in their best seasons to date.

The teams success rides on Ullmark, Stützle, and Sanderson. Maybe add Tkachuk in the mix. After that, we just need guys to not drastically underperform.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

But, we also need Forsberg to be solid enough to handle 35-40 games this year. And we need Pinto to play a full 82 games with the (guilt-induced) intensity we saw at the end of last season.

If Boucher manages to carve a role in the bottom 6 (or, more realistically, bottom 3)....that's a bonus at this stage of the game.

When you think of all the players that could have career years and their talent level, like literally could have like 11-12 guys putting up their best NHL season to date

Stutzle
Tkachuk
Sanderson
Norris
Pinto
Zub
Chabot
Grieg
Batherson
Ullmark (2nd Vezina thank you very much)
Forsberg
Gregor

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Norris.

Even when he was healthy, I don't think many people saw how valuable was and would be.

When I hear that Pinto is already past him, etc...I think a lot of people will be surprised.

His skating alone makes him a good player, add his nose for the net and his compete and the Senators will be much better this season.

No disparaging Pinto either, him and Norris in the lineup for a full season will be huge.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Kim Kardashian?
1726606072534.png

It's between Norris and Chabot for me. I voted Norris. I do think we may get a surprise from Boucher.
Come on Bouch!!

Make it happen!

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'll say Chabot. I thought he was already much better under Jacques Martin and with a legitimate partner all year, whether it's Zub or Jensen, he will have a lot more room to create offense and play his game.

I think he has a solid season. He's been here the longest and he must be tired more than anyone of being at the bottom. He might also benefit the most from the team having more depth at forward and forwards who are defensively minded like Amadio, Pinto, Gregor and even Perron to a lesser extent.

Norris I'm not so confident about. It will take him some time to get confidence in his shoulders and taking contact. If he can stay healthy he will be a good addition but I think it would be similar to last season for him.

If Stutzle was on the list I would've picked him for sure.

Last edited:

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
For me it was a toss-up between Chabot and Norris with an honourable mention for Timmy who wasn't listed. Both Chabot and Norris had surgery so I expect both of them to improve. I chose Norris because if he returns to form, that would have the biggest impact IMO.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
It's between Norris and Chabot for me. I voted Norris. I do think we may get a surprise from Boucher.
Curious why you think Boucher will surprise?

I am not being a hater, but the rookie tourney certainly didn't give any indication he may surprise.

Is it more of a hope?

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Curious why you think Boucher will surprise?

I am not being a hater, but the rookie tourney certainly didn't give any indication he may surprise.

Is it more of a hope?
The rookie tournament was a warm up. The kid hasn't really played or touched a puck in months. He's been basically injured his entire pro career. Our entire rookie team was terrible. I think Boucher has the potential through his skating, physicality and his shot to make an impact on our bottom two lines. It may not be in training camp, but if he can stay healthy I believe he will have a good season on the AHL and NHL.

I am also more concerned right now if Yakemchuk can learn to simplify his game even a little bit during the main NHL camp. He tried to do too much during the rookie camp and it cost him dearly in the +/- category. By comparison, Boucher not showing up on the score sheet doesn't necessarily mean he didn't play well.

Reactions: bert

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Jensen will probably be the best partner Chabot has ever played with, expect them both to be good this year
I think Jensen is going to surprise a lot of our fans with how he stabilizes our D core.

For me it was a toss-up between Chabot and Norris with an honourable mention for Timmy who wasn't listed. Both Chabot and Norris had surgery so I expect both of them to improve. I chose Norris because if he returns to form, that would have the biggest impact IMO.
I think Timmy is going to rock it this year. It won't really be a surprise for me. Norris coming back from shoulder injury and lighting it up would be my comeback surprise, although I kind of expect it. If his shoulder is solid and finally fixed correctly, I could see Norris absolutely light it up. He's a very smart player, when he's fully in the game.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Pinto is an odd choice with these guys.

I'll choose Forsberg because Pinto is developing just fine.
I chose Pinto because I think he has the greater probability of performing better than he has in the past and because he is healthy and not coming back from an injury like Norris and Chabot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad