Prospect Ranking Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Sens 4th best Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
He will show that he is a better prospect IMO

I added Boucher to the options. Will be shocked if anyone votes for him anytime soon

I voted Boucher just to shock you.

To my surprise - it was the 2nd vote for him.

Shocked we both are. lol

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I voted Boucher just to shock you.

To my surprise - it was the 2nd vote for him.

Shocked we both are. lol

lol ok but unless you really think Boucher is the Sens 4th best prospect, it would be appreciated to avoid too many troll votes. I mean, these polls are fun but let's not make it a derision.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinRedkey

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
you spin it your way , I'll spin it mine

My spin mentioned universally ranked... Here is a consensus ranking that includes many rankers and some methodology I didn't read. The result was close to what I was saying .. close to the middle. 2024 Consensus NHL Draft Rankings

I'm sure @Ouroboros is astute enough to weed through all this and form his own opinions . Bob's rankings and scout comments are always a great source.. though the way this draft fell wasn't really closely aligned.. with him or anyone else's list that I saw. If things were really a jumble from 2-15 .. there are a lot of differing opinions in that 2-15 ranking and I have one of them as incorrect as it may seem to you. My opinion is that close to the middle is close to where he should be.

He was consistently considered to be in the top 12/13 players in this draft. This was born out on draft night, when "lower" ranked guys from that tier, in Sennecke and Yakemchuk, went high and a "higher" ranked guy in Buium went low. Basically, there was a larger than normal tier of top 10 quality players this year.

If you're going to point to a consolidated list that gives any weight to a guy like Will Scouch, then how about giving some weight to the fact that he actually went 7th overall, which is not an atypical rise for a prospect with that size, that skill, and who plays a premium position. If any player profile over performs the public rankings (which, remember, are subjective rankings, not projections of where people will go), it's guys like that.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He was consistently considered to be in the top 12/13 players in this draft. This was born out on draft night, when "lower" ranked guys from that tier, in Sennecke and Yakemchuk, went high and a "higher" ranked guy in Buium went low. Basically, there was a larger than normal tier of top 10 quality players this year.

If you're going to point to a consolidated list that gives any weight to a guy like Will Scouch, then how about giving some weight to the fact that he actually went 7th overall, which is not an atypical rise for a prospect with that size, that skill, and who plays a premium position. If any player profile over performs the public rankings (which, remember, are subjective rankings, not projections of where people will go), it's guys like that.
Scouch was 1 of 16 .. not moving the needle much with weighting doubled on 4 ...

Hardly a reason to discount the list...

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Scouch was 1 of 16 .. not moving the needle much with weighting doubled on 4 ...

Point is those are subjective rankings, not projections of where players will actually be drafted. The debate you were having was over where the player would have actually been drafted in 2023.

You seem to be relying on the most negative spin of a consolidated list as your argument for where Yakemchuk would go in 2023, while dismissing the fact that Yakemchuk actually went 7th overall and was generally thought of as part of a top 12/13 tier that was tightly grouped, and ignoring the fact that players like him tend to get selected higher than where they appear on public lists.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

So, they had 16, 4 were given double weight (not Scouch) so scouch would have a weighting of 1/20th of the final score.

Scouch had Yakemchuk ranked 39th... with a final consolidated ranking of 15.2, removing Scouch's ranking would bumped him up to a score of 14.15. That's a full spot on the list based on one outlier's ranking.

Too many cooks in the kitchen, more isn't always better. The four double weighted guys had him on average 13th for whatever that's worth

One thing that consolidated list does show though is some apparent tiers.

Tier one, Demidov and Celebrini
tier two, Buium Levshunov and Lindstrom
Tier three, Parekh, Catton, Dickenson, Silayev and Iginla, and
Tier four, Helenious, Eiserman, Sennecke, Brandsegg-Nygard and Yakemchuk

Not sure I personally agree with those tiers, but they are interesting.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So, they had 16, 4 were given double weight (not Scouch) so scouch would have a weighting of 1/20th of the final score.

Scouch had Yakemchuk ranked 39th... with a final consolidated ranking of 15.2, removing Scouch's ranking would bumped him up to a score of 14.15. That's a full spot on the list based on one outlier's ranking.

Too many cooks in the kitchen, more isn't always better. The four double weighted guys had him on average 13th for whatever that's worth

One thing that consolidated list does show though is some apparent tiers.

Tier one, Demidov and Celebrini
tier two, Buium Levshunov and Lindstrom
Tier three, Parekh, Catton, Dickenson, Silayev and Iginla, and
Tier four, Helenious, Eiserman, Sennecke, Brandsegg-Nygard and Yakemchuk

Not sure I personally agree with those tiers, but they are interesting.
Take out Eiserman and that's pretty much how I'd have it

Move Demidov to a tier 2 by himself, Parekh to tier 4 and Sennecke to tier 3 and it's pretty solid

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Take out Eiserman and that's pretty much how I'd have it

Move Demidov to a tier 2 by himself, Parekh to tier 4 and Sennecke to tier 3 and it's pretty solid
Eiserman stuck out like a sore thumb to me, I'm also higher on Silayev, and not as high on Catton or Perekh (I see him and Yakemchuk as pretty interchangeable).

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Eiserman stuck out like a sore thumb to me, I'm also higher on Silayev, and not as high on Catton or Perekh (I see him and Yakemchuk as pretty interchangeable).
I'd have Silayev in a tier with Levshunov and co as well, and I'm not high on Parekh for sure, could easily have him lower, I never would have drafted him as the Sens. He likely the only one I'd rather have Yak over.

But league wide without my own thoughts, I think the above tier list would look fine

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad