Prospect Ranking Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Sens 4th best Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024

1- Carter Yakemchuk 86.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #1)
2- Tyler Kleven 71.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #2)
3- Zack Ostapchuk 64.4% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #3)
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

As we have been doing since 2004, we simply use the old HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o).

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just if the prospect is more NHL ready than others. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, shot quality, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2023-24 (who are still in the organization) :

Ridley Greig and Jacob Bernard-Docker

To be added :

Kevin Reidler
Jan Jeník
Luke Ellinas
Blake Montgomery
Tomas Hamara
Eerik Wallenius
Filip Nordberg
Lassi Thomson
Philippe Daoust
Theo Wallberg
Cole Reinhardt
Cameron O'Neill
Tyson Dyck
Jake Chiasson

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ooof that’s a rough looking list :laugh:
It's pretty disappointing to be sure...

We don't even have our 2021 1st Rd pick as an option, adding a guy like coronato or Othmann would make it look somewhat better, but this is what you get when you trade off picks for immediate help. It's just too bad none of the immediate help were the long term fixes we were hoping for.

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Voted Donovan. I'll be honest I haven't watched much of Halliday. Seems like the hype is kinda outta control and people need to temper expectations.

I am confident Donovan will play in the NHL. I really can't say that for the rest of them. I think he could be like Nate Schmidt which would be a great pick. He has good size and can fly.

Has to be Sogy or Merilainen at this point. Both have loads of untapped potential.
I honestly don't think either is any good. I hope they prove me wrong.

Robbie Jarventie.

Oops, I guess I go back to Halliday
Would have been my vote.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Voted Donovan. I'll be honest I haven't watched much of Halliday. Seems like the hype is kinda outta control and people need to temper expectations.

I am confident Donovan will play in the NHL. I really can't say that for the rest of them. I think he could be like Nate Schmidt which would be a great pick. He has good size and can fly.

I honestly don't think either is any good. I hope they prove me wrong.

Would have been my vote.
Merilainen looks incredible when he is “on”. He’s on the traditional development path for goalies, his consistency keeps improving. 2-3 more years in the AHL.

Reactions: Senscore

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I haven't seen a ton either, but his college games towards the end of the season and the games in Belleville that I did see, showed me has something.

The vision and passing skills were evident immediately. I'm not sure if his skating will be enough of a detriment to keep him out of the NHL.

I am very intrigued and hoping he comes out of the gate hot to back up his solid finish to last season.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Yeah but there's a big grain of salt here... We are voting for our 4th best prospect, we already gave away Jarventie and our pool is really not as good as it used to be because of graduations and the fact that we wasted away 3 first round picks in a row (Boucher, 7th OA in 2022, 12th OA in 2023), plus other picks lost for all kind of Dorion reasons

I really don't think "the hype is out of control" and "we need to temper expectations". It's like we were voting for our 8th or 9th best prospect

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Is it too late to vote for Yakupchuk? or we going to have a D showdown.. between him Stanley, Andonovski and Donovan (5th round). Might as well throw big Max in there too. Considering Stanley (4th) and Andonovski (5th)are mid - late 2023 and Yak is 2 weeks away from being in their draft class .. and likely goes at least outside the 1st in 23 ... it should be a good one.

I watched Halliday for 2 years at OSU and his game progressed. I watched him when he got to Belleville and in the playoffs. He was one of Belleville's better forwards in the playoffs last year... Particularly when Ostapchuk went down. Not hard to be high on one of the very few offensively gifted players in our system. As far as him being a better prospect than the Big O .. I disagree but if you scale that down to offensive playmaking only I would probably agree. O has bottom 6 certainty as a prospect... Coaches dream 200 foot high compete player. He's the poster boy for the type of player the Sens are looking to add.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Is it too late to vote for Yakupchuk? or we going to have a D showdown.. between him Stanley, Andonovski and Donovan (5th round). Might as well throw big Max in there too. Considering Stanley (4th) and Andonovski (5th)are mid - late 2023 and Yak is 2 weeks away from being in their draft class .. and likely goes at least outside the 1st in 23 ... it should be a good one.

I watched Halliday for 2 years at OSU and his game progressed. I watched him when he got to Belleville and in the playoffs. He was one of Belleville's better forwards in the playoffs last year... Particularly when Ostapchuk went down. Not hard to be high on one of the very few offensively gifted players in our system. As far as him being a better prospect than the Big O .. I disagree but if you scale that down to offensive playmaking only I would probably agree. O has bottom 6 certainty as a prospect... Coaches dream 200 foot high compete player. He's the poster boy for the type of player the Sens are looking to add.
Why do you think Yakemchuk wouldn't go in Round 1 of the 2023 draft? He had 47 points in 67 games that season, which outpaced guys like Tanner Molendyk [#24] and Oliver Bonk [#22]. He's still 6'3" and plays a position of scarcity. I think he goes in the mid-teens easily.

Reactions: Micklebot

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
Of all of Dorions many failings its bewildering that our prospect pool is this bad when literally the only thing anyone thinks Dorion might be OK at is amateur scouting.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Why do you think Yakemchuk wouldn't go in Round 1 of the 2023 draft? He had 47 points in 67 games that season, which outpaced guys like Tanner Molendyk [#24] and Oliver Bonk [#22]. He's still 6'3" and plays a position of scarcity. I think he goes in the mid-teens easily.
He was pretty universally ranked close to the mid teens in 24. He had enough question marks this year , last year would have been more. He could easily slip to the 2nd. Not trying to sell you the idea.

I am disappointed we took him where we did. I am not high on his overall game. He has nice highlight packs showing off his hands and his offense. I have my concerns so not going over that again.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
He was pretty universally ranked close to the mid teens in 24. He had enough question marks this year , last year would have been more. He could easily slip to the 2nd. Not trying to sell you the idea.

I am disappointed we took him where we did. I am not high on his overall game. He has nice highlight packs showing off his hands and his offense. I have my concerns so not going over that again.

That's a pretty misleading way to put it when everyone knew there was a top 12/13 in this draft class and he was pretty universally, to use your language, in that top tier. Not to mention the fact that actually went 7th overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emerica

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Close to the mid teens ... That's an interesting way to frame it, not in the mid teens, but mid teen adjacent perhaps...

Bob said in his final ranking that Yakemchuk belonged in the same group as Buium, Levshunov, Silayev, Dickenson and Perekh, and mentioned 4 of the polled scouts had him top 10, one having him as high as 4th. Conversely one had him 20th. Quite the spread.

He wasn't the guy I wanted, but I think you're under selling how tight things were from 3 to 14 and perhaps beyond.

One question mark was him being among the oldest in the draft, had he been in the 2023 draft he'd have been the youngest,

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Close to the mid teens ... That's an interesting way to frame it, not in the mid teens, but mid teen adjacent perhaps...

Bob said in his final ranking that Yakemchuk belonged in the same group as Buium, Levshunov, Silayev, Dickenson and Perekh, and mentioned 4 of the polled scouts had him top 10, one having him as high as 4th. Conversely one had him 20th. Quite the spread.

He wasn't the guy I wanted, but I think you're under selling how tight things were from 3 to 14 and perhaps beyond.

One question mark was him being among the oldest in the draft, had he been in the 2023 draft he'd have been the youngest,
you spin it your way , I'll spin it mine

My spin mentioned universally ranked... Here is a consensus ranking that includes many rankers and some methodology I didn't read. The result was close to what I was saying .. close to the middle. 2024 Consensus NHL Draft Rankings

I'm sure @Ouroboros is astute enough to weed through all this and form his own opinions . Bob's rankings and scout comments are always a great source.. though the way this draft fell wasn't really closely aligned.. with him or anyone else's list that I saw. If things were really a jumble from 2-15 .. there are a lot of differing opinions in that 2-15 ranking and I have one of them as incorrect as it may seem to you. My opinion is that close to the middle is close to where he should be.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad