Prospect Ranking Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #13

Who is the Sens 13th best Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024

1- Carter Yakemchuk 86.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #1)
2- Tyler Kleven 71.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #2)
3- Zack Ostapchuk 64.4% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #3)
4- Stephen Halliday 42.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #4)
5- Mads Søgaard 46.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #5)
6- Leevi Merilainen 31.4% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #6)
7- Jorian Donovan 39.2% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #7)
8-
Angus Crookshank 32.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #8)
9- Matthew Andonovski 43.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #9)
10- Xavier Bourgault 28.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #10)
11- Maxence Guénette 29.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #11)
12- Gabriel Eliasson 41.7% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #12)
13-
14-
15-

As we have been doing since 2004, we simply use the old HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o).

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just if the prospect is more NHL ready than others. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, shot quality, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2023-24 (who are still in the organization) :

Ridley Greig and Jacob Bernard-Docker

To be added :

Kevin Reidler
Luke Ellinas
Eerik Wallenius
Cole Reinhardt
Filip Nordberg
Philippe Daoust
Vladimir Nikitin
Djibril Toure
Cameron O'Neill
Tyson Dyck
Jake Chiasson

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Eliasson finally got in in the previous round, so my job is done, no more voting for me. I don't know enough about any of the remaining players. I figure it should be between HOIST and this year's two 4th rounders.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Crookshank & Bourgault should not be in the top 10, Petersson should be 8th, Boucher should be 10th & Stanley should be13th. Both are cup of coffee players at best.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Crookshank & Bourgault should not be in the top 10, Petersson should be 8th, Boucher should be 10th & Stanley should be13th. Both are cup of coffee players at best.
Jan Jenik is a better prospect than Tyler Boucher.

OHL production: 86 points in 54 games [1.59 PPG] for Jenik vs. 31 points in 45 games [0.69 PPG] for Boucher
AHL production as a rookie: 14 points in 29 games [0.48 PPG] for Jenik vs. 5 points in 21 games [0.24 PPG] for Boucher

Jenik also hits and fights just as much as Boucher.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

It looks very unlikely that Boucher will sniff half of Crookshank's production in the AHL. The only thing Boucher has is that he is 3 years younger so he has a chance to catch up, at least partially

There's Josh Anderson who had a 0.33 PPG in his AHL rookie season and unusually became a NHL player. Boucher of course didn't play as many games but had a 0.24 PPG. Hopefully Boucher can also beat the odds like Josh but never become a massively overpaid forward hich is unlikely since he would need to bank on a 27 goals season like Anderson did

Bourgault and Boucher have the same age, but Bourgault already has played 96 more AHL games (and 49 more points). While he may not be as "big" as Boucher, he seems to be more solid and able to stay healthy. Xavier seems to have more NHL Certainty and upside so he should be voted above

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Boucher has never been good at any level, nor been able to stay healthy. If he wasn’t drafted 10OA, mods wouldn’t have even added him as option yet.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I’ll give credit to those still participating in this thread that are still voting. I know very little about the prospects below #8 except for Guenette. I’ll assume that people see more games involving our prospects than I do and hence have some basis for their votes/opinions. I’m hoping that #5 & #6 picks are warranted (our prospect goalies) as I have never been sure based on the little that I’ve seen them.

Reactions: DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It looks very unlikely that Boucher will sniff half of Crookshank's production in the AHL. The only thing Boucher has is that he is 3 years younger so he has a chance to catch up, at least partially

There's Josh Anderson who had a 0.33 PPG in his AHL rookie season and unusually became a NHL player. Boucher of course didn't play as many games but had a 0.24 PPG. Hopefully Boucher can also beat the odds like Josh but never become a massively overpaid forward hich is unlikely since he would need to bank on a 27 goals season like Anderson did

Bourgault and Boucher have the same age, but Bourgault already has played 96 more AHL games (and 49 more points). While he may not be as "big" as Boucher, he seems to be more solid and able to stay healthy. Xavier seems to have more NHL Certainty and upside so he should be voted above
It's not about the numbers with Boucher, it's about whether he can help the team win with his style of play. The stats are irrellevant. He's most likely a bottom pairing player & won't be counted on as much for pts, he's there to create a rukus. Crookshank needs to play in the top six otherwise he is simply too small for the bottom six & they can't afford to have small players on the bottom six & the same applies for Bourgault especially in the playoffs. Both IMO are going to be career AHL players unless they can find a team that will place them on their top six, they won't get the chance here. Montreal likes small players maybe they will take them.

Jan Jenik is a better prospect than Tyler Boucher.

OHL production: 86 points in 54 games [1.59 PPG] for Jenik vs. 31 points in 45 games [0.69 PPG] for Boucher
AHL production as a rookie: 14 points in 29 games [0.48 PPG] for Jenik vs. 5 points in 21 games [0.24 PPG] for Boucher

Jenik also hits and fights just as much as Boucher.
He may be, we don't know since Boucher has been injured for a number of seasons now & has yet to play signifigant games.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Crookshank needs to play in the top six otherwise he is simply too small for the bottom six & they can't afford to have small players on the bottom six & the same applies for Bourgault especially in the playoffs. Both IMO are going to be career AHL players unless they can find a team that will place them on their top six, they won't get the chance here. Montreal likes small players maybe they will take them.
Why can't we have a smaller guy in our bottom 6? Size is good but speed and physicality is even more important. Crookshank brings speed, physicality on the forecheck, plus a good shot and some playmaking skill.

I wouldn't want him in our top 6; he's not good enough for big minutes. I want him playing 10-12 minutes tops. What I saw last season when he was up with Ottawa was a player determined to create turnovers, constantly pressuring the opponents at all times. He brought energy, he was responsible defensively, and created the odd offensive chance.

I want him to prove all you doubters wrong. Can't wait.

Reactions: OD99

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's not about the numbers with Boucher, it's about whether he can help the team win with his style of play. The stats are irrellevant. He's most likely a bottom pairing player & won't be counted on as much for pts, he's there to create a rukus.

I understand what you mean by "stats are irrelevant" in Boucher's case but historical data still shows that non-productive players in junior and AHL usually don't carve a role in the NHL. Look at Dylan Gambrell for example, who played 233 NHL games so far because he is good enough defensively. Look at how he scored in College, 132 pts in 120 games (Boucher has 3 pts in 17 games) then 94 pts in 135 games in the AHL (Boucher has 5 pts in 21 games). Look at Zack MacEwen too, who played 216 NHL games so far because of "his style of play". Look at how he scored in the AHL, 107 pts in 167 games (Boucher has 5 pts in 21 games)

You'd have a very hard time to find example of players who didn't produce at all in junior/college/AHL and then have a significant career in the NHL, even as a role player

Crookshank needs to play in the top six otherwise he is simply too small for the bottom six & they can't afford to have small players on the bottom six & the same applies for Bourgault especially in the playoffs. Both IMO are going to be career AHL players unless they can find a team that will place them on their top six, they won't get the chance here. Montreal likes small players maybe they will take them.

I don't see why Crookshank would be too small for the bottom-6, I mean plenty of small-ish forwards have roles in the NHL because they bring either feistiness, agitation, good defensive play or even a bit of offense. It remains to be seen what Crooks can bring to carve a role in the NHL, he might end up in a cup-of-coffee guy but I don't think his size is a problem at all, he doesn't play "scared". Bourgault is in the same boat, it remains to be seen what he can do

I really doubt that Crookshank will be a Top-6 forward at the NHL level, same for Bourgault but the NHL has changed over time, it's really not "Top-6 or nothing" anymore, you have to adjust with times.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I understand what you mean by "stats are irrelevant" in Boucher's case but historical data still shows that non-productive players in junior and AHL usually don't carve a role in the NHL. Look at Dylan Gambrell for example, who played 233 NHL games so far because he is good enough defensively. Look at how he scored in College, 132 pts in 120 games (Boucher has 3 pts in 17 games) then 94 pts in 135 games in the AHL (Boucher has 5 pts in 21 games). Look at Zack MacEwen too, who played 216 NHL games so far because of "his style of play". Look at how he scored in the AHL, 107 pts in 167 games (Boucher has 5 pts in 21 games)

You'd have a very hard time to find example of players who didn't produce at all in junior/college/AHL and then have a significant career in the NHL, even as a role player

I don't see why Crookshank would be too small for the bottom-6, I mean plenty of small-ish forwards have roles in the NHL because they bring either feistiness, agitation, good defensive play or even a bit of offense. It remains to be seen what Crooks can bring to carve a role in the NHL, he might end up in a cup-of-coffee guy but I don't think his size is a problem at all, he doesn't play "scared". Bourgault is in the same boat, it remains to be seen what he can do

I really doubt that Crookshank will be a Top-6 forward at the NHL level, same for Bourgault but the NHL has changed over time, it's really not "Top-6 or nothing" anymore, you have to adjust with times.
The goal is the playoffs & winning a Cup, I see no point in having players on this team who may not be able to take the hard hitting involved in the playoffs. People have been telling me the NHL is changing for decades & the playoffs always seem to show us the opposite. Ottawa seems to be building a playoff style team, we'll see if is successful or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,594.00