Prospect Ranking Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #10

Who is the Sens 10th best Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024

1- Carter Yakemchuk 86.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #1)
2- Tyler Kleven 71.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #2)
3- Zack Ostapchuk 64.4% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #3)
4- Stephen Halliday 42.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #4)
5- Mads Søgaard 46.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #5)
6- Leevi Merilainen 31.4% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #6)
7- Jorian Donovan 39.2% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #7)
8-
Angus Crookshank 32.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #8)
9- Matthew Andonovski 43.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #9)
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

As we have been doing since 2004, we simply use the old HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o).

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just if the prospect is more NHL ready than others. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, shot quality, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2023-24 (who are still in the organization) :

Ridley Greig and Jacob Bernard-Docker

To be added :

Kevin Reidler
Luke Ellinas
Eerik Wallenius
Cole Reinhardt
Filip Nordberg
Lassi Thomson
Philippe Daoust
Vladimir Nikitin
Cameron O'Neill
Tyson Dyck
Jake Chiasson

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I voted for Jenik who's got zero respect here so far. It's now or never time for this guy as he'll be 24 years old in September. He once scored 56 points in 27 games in the OHL and I have him pencilled in as the fourth line right winger this coming season. I think he's better than MacEwen and having been brought in by Staios I think he'll be given a chance to prove himself.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Bourgault cuz he was a first rounder
As an aside, when you adjust for games played, there isn't a huge production gap between Bourgault and Boucher, both were 1st Rd picks in the same year,

I like Guenette for likely hood to become an NHL player, Stanley has been a dark horse favourite of mine too

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
As an aside, when you adjust for games played, there isn't a huge production gap between Bourgault and Boucher, both were 1st Rd picks in the same year,

I like Guenette for likely hood to become an NHL player, Stanley has been a dark horse favourite of mine too
This is most likely because I haven't had my 2nd cup of coffee yet, but I forgot Boucher was even in the system lol.

I probably should've picked Guenette earlier. 23 year old 6ft1 mobile defender who can skate. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets 20-30 games this year and makes the case for moving JBD

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
This is most likely because I haven't had my 2nd cup of coffee yet, but I forgot Boucher was even in the system lol.

I probably should've picked Guenette earlier. 23 year old 6ft1 mobile defender who can skate. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets 20-30 games this year and makes the case for moving JBD
6’3

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

If by this you mean he can literally ice skate, yes I agree.

If you mean he's an above-average skater, no he absolutely is not.

As Bondra pointed out he's actually grown to 6'3 apparently so good news is that his size and reach should be able to make up for his average-at-best skating ability.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

How is that possible? Boucher hasn't been productive at any level, in addition to barely playing. Bourgault was at least a productive player in junior.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If by this you mean he can literally ice skate, yes I agree.

If you mean he's an above-average skater, no he absolutely is not.

As Bondra pointed out he's actually grown to 6'3 apparently so good news is that his size and reach should be able to make up for his average-at-best skating ability.
That is based on my completely anecdotal eye test of having seen the handful of games he played with the Sens and his skating being the only thing I remember

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

Staios mentioned Guenette, unprompted, as someone to keep our eyes on during an interview last week.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Staios mentioned Guenette, unprompted, as someone to keep our eyes on during an interview last week.
Later cut last year one of the top guys in Belleville. He should likely be at least around this spot or a little higher but in reality there are a lot of prospects we can rank here with not a tremendous amount to pick and chose. I like Guenette. As long as he doesn't stall he should see some games. JBD would have to mess up or get hurt for Guenette to steal his spot in camp. I like Matinpalo too.. who is about the same spot. Touré will be one to watch on the development side but I don't think he is as close as the other two. Right now Hoyt Stanley takes a little more projection.. It will be a big year for him at Cornell to take another step, I hope he does. Not terrible but as far as top 4 potential goes they all need to grow .. We see more no than yes .. and Hoyt is at the part of the curve that may give him the best chance.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
IMO it needs to be Bourgault, Guenette and Jenik now as these guys are more proven and/or have more pedigree

I understand the desire to vote Eliasson as he was a recent 39th OA pick but looking at the 2024 Consensus NHL Draft Rankings, he was expected to go 105th overall. Damn, another one of our legendary reaches. For a team that has had such a bad press these last 3 years and such a desperate need to replenish their prospect pool, they still haven't changed and think of themselves as the smartest guys in the room despite a pretty bad track record...

Here's our picks vs where they were expected :

7th OA Carter Yakemchuk : 15th OA
39th OA Gabriel Eliasson : 105th OA
104th OA Luke Ellinas : not ranked
112th OA Javon Moore : 98th OA
117th OA Blake Montgomery : not ranked
136th OA Eerik Wallenius : not ranked

147 prospects were ranked... could have expected our 6 picks to have been ranked but not even, 3 were not ranked, reached on 2 but at least we got a good value pick on Javon Moore!

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Man were those expectations ever off eh :) When we do the redraft in 5 years i wonder just how badly the consensus will be seen to have been off.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
IMO it needs to be Bourgault, Guenette and Jenik now as these guys are more proven and/or have more pedigree

I understand the desire to vote Eliasson as he was a recent 39th OA pick but looking at the 2024 Consensus NHL Draft Rankings, he was expected to go 105th overall. Damn, another one of our legendary reaches. For a team that has had such a bad press these last 3 years and such a desperate need to replenish their prospect pool, they still haven't changed and think of themselves as the smartest guys in the room despite a pretty bad track record...

Here's our picks vs where they were expected :

7th OA Carter Yakemchuk : 15th OA
39th OA Gabriel Eliasson : 105th OA
104th OA Luke Ellinas : not ranked
112th OA Javon Moore : 98th OA
117th OA Blake Montgomery : not ranked
136th OA Eerik Wallenius : not ranked

147 prospects were ranked... could have expected our 6 picks to have been ranked but not even, 3 were not ranked, reached on 2 but at least we got a good value pick on Javon Moore!
You'd be better off listing the range of where they were ranked than the consensus if the goal is to illustrate where guys were expected to go, for example, Moore was as high as 60 and as low as 197, once you get past the top round, the range gets pretty wide, which is why 'expected to go' gets pretty murky rather quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad