Half-Assed GDT: Sens @ Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
kyrou shouldnt be playing

give him a full year in the ahl to work on his game and gain confidence

he isnt nhl ready and brining him up and draining his confidence is going to hurt his development
I'm not necessarily saying the Blues shouldn't send Kyrou down, but no amount of confidence in the AHL is going to make him confident in the NHL, just like being confident in juniors doesn't make you confident in the AHL.

The only way to build confidence at a level is to play at that level and work through the learning curve.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I don't see coordinated attacks in their end with numbers.

Saw this in Boston. We know how this ends.

I think the team figured at the break that they had this one under control.

Reactions: Bendak
Dec 15, 2002
Dallas up 3-0 going into the 3rd, and then Winnipeg puts up a pair of goals in 21 seconds.

I'm sure that makes Lites happy. I almost expect to see him sitting behind the Stars bench one night, screaming at the team after every shift.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'm not necessarily saying the Blues shouldn't send Kyrou down, but no amount of confidence in the AHL is going to make him confident in the NHL, just like being confident in juniors doesn't make you confident in the AHL.

The only way to build confidence at a level is to play at that level and work through the learning curve.

i actually disagree with you there. being the best player somwhere else can definitely make you less worried about making mistakes or being benched at the next level.

playing less than ten minutes a night and getting benched for every mistake absolutely drains someone mentally

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
i actually disagree with you there. being the best player somwhere else can definitely make you less worried about making mistakes or being benched at the next level.

playing less than ten minutes a night and getting benched for every mistake absolutely drains someone mentally
Are you implying that Kyrou did not already have a lot of confidence in the AHL before this latest call up? He was sure playing like he had a lot of confidence.

If you want your rookies to be less worried about being benched for any little mistake they make, it seems like the easiest way to do that is to not bench them for any little mistake they make.

Reactions: Bendak and Dbrownss

thebluenote

Sep 7, 2009
Kyrou turns one puck over and won’t see the ice the rest of the game. Maroon turns it over three times one one shift and will continue getting top line ice.

Kyrou has a full minute less ice time than Blais, 3 minutes less than Nolan at this point. :(

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Are you implying that Kyrou did not already have a lot of confidence in the AHL before this latest call up? He was sure playing like he had a lot of confidence.

If you want your rookies to be less worried about being benched for any little mistake they make, it seems like the easiest way to do that is to not bench them for any little mistake they make.

but where the team is now you cant afford these little trial runs

kyrou cant cough the puck up at center like that trying to make a fancy move. hes not ready for the nhl and its bad for him and the team.

and yeah kyrou probably felt pretty confident but its not a good strategy to develop players by having them as a first callup this early in their careers, seems to be relatively proven

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

No matter what level of confidence he has in his abilities. It could easily be disregarded by a focus that the coach is giving him. I’m assuming they are wanting him to play fairly mistake free and positiiobally sound. That isn’t really all that conducive to his play style.

Dec 15, 2002
On the first goal at least, Schwartz was trying to cover for the 3 blues behind the goal line who were only covering 2 senators.
Correct. That whole play was a mess; it started with Dunn making a lazy swipe at the puck and not getting control, Kyrou going to high in the slot and then standing there just watching things, and Schenn deciding to go lay the hit on Boedker instead of letting Bortuzzo handle that. If Schenn just stands his ground, he's in a better position to stop the pass going to Paul; instead, as Schwartz is trying to keep an eye on Paul, once he realizes his guy has cut inside it's him having to reach out and hope to deflect the puck.

It was effectively a 4-on-5 with one Sens defenseman sitting semi-low off the right point, and the other Sens defenseman just coming off the bench.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
but where the team is now you cant afford these little trial runs

kyrou cant cough the puck up at center like that trying to make a fancy move. hes not ready for the nhl and its bad for him and the team.

and yeah kyrou probably felt pretty confident but its not a good strategy to develop players by having them as a first callup this early in their careers, seems to be relatively proven
I don't necessarily disagree that the Blues can't just give him a long leash, but he's probably not going to learn those parts of the game in the AHL where his skill lets him get away with a lot more. If anything, I think he's more likely to ingrain bad habits down there.

At some point, the Blues are just going to have to bite the bullet and let him cut his teeth. Doesn't necessarily have to be this moment, but it will need to happen eventually.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
No matter what level of confidence he has in his abilities. It could easily be disregarded by a focus that the coach is giving him. I’m assuming they are wanting him to play fairly mistake free and positiiobally sound. That isn’t really all that conducive to his play style.

yeah i dont disagree, hes not being used to his strengths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad