Proposal: Send the Sea Mon-ster to the Kraken

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Would a deal around Schmaltz for Monahan make sense to Flames fans? Extra 3 years to Schmaltz 's contact but he's been better than Monahan on a crappy Coyotes team the last 2 seasons. Could work out for both parties.

Works for me. Monahan has a NTC though so it'd have to work for him. Put him with Keller and I'm sure he could still pop in 25-30G a full season. Would return something worthwhile once he's a pending UFA.

Flames could really use another top 9 RHS with skill.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
he also has a career high of 35 points and has been traded numerous times. Hes also listed as a winger.

Y'all out of your minds, and not even touching on CGY's needs right now. Prospect and picks for Monahan, that would be flipped with additional top quality assets for Eichel, would be the only way he goes to Seattle.

We have zero need for Monahan. What he did in the past does not mean much in terms of his current value. Similarly, it does not matter to Seattle that McCann had a career high of 35 points and has been traded many times. He is our top point producer right now and has played like a legit top-6 forward. He has also not looked out of place as a center.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Works for me. Monahan has a NTC though so it'd have to work for him. Put him with Keller and I'm sure he could still pop in 25-30G a full season. Would return something worthwhile once he's a pending UFA.

Flames could really use another top 9 RHS with skill.
Wasn't sure, Schmaltz is a offensive 2c/high end offensive 3c. You don't want him as your 1c. He's also a touch overpaid in terms of AAV. If he sat around $4.75 he'd be well in his range of dollar to contribution. He'd probably look good next to Dube/Mangi/Coleman and will be able to naturally slide into a 3c role as some of your better centers hit the league and displace him. We just can't retain on his 5 year deal or we could get good value for him.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
We have zero need for Monahan. What he did in the past does not mean much in terms of his current value. Similarly, it does not matter to Seattle that McCann had a career high of 35 points and has been traded many times. He is our top point producer right now and has played like a legit top-6 forward. He has also not looked out of place as a center.

Its 6 games guy, but go off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad