Proposal: Send the Sea Mon-ster to the Kraken

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
Sean Monahan used to be a perennial 30 goal scorer, could use a change of scenery and Seattle could use a Center.

Is there a deal that could be made here between these two teams? Perhaps involving Jared McCann, among other pieces?

I'm not a fan of either team, I just think Monahan could be the perfect fit for the Kraken.

He just looks like a Sea Monster, doesn't he?

Reactions: banks

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Historical production aside, you're talking about a brand new franchise trading their current leading scorer AND MORE, for a guy Calgary wants to trade because he's been in a downward spiral for three years and currently sucks.

I'd imagine Seattle declines.

Reactions: majormajor

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Historical production aside, you're talking about a brand new franchise trading their current leading scorer AND MORE, for a guy Calgary wants to trade because he's been in a downward spiral for three years and currently sucks.

I'd imagine Seattle declines.
Most definitely.

Monahan is still young and could bounce back but we are not interested in trading our best forward for him.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Francis said last summer that his intentions were to build from scratch.. so my guess is, it's a no from SEA.

With that being said, I sure hope that they're better at drafting than the debacle that we at the expansion draft

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Sean Monahan used to be a perennial 30 goal scorer, could use a change of scenery and Seattle could use a Center.

Is there a deal that could be made here between these two teams? Perhaps involving Jared McCann, among other pieces?

I'm not a fan of either team, I just think Monahan could be the perfect fit for the Kraken.

Is McCann not outscoring Monahan? What makes you thinks his value is less?

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016

Seattle should decline, McCann is Seattle’s leading point scorer and is in the Kraken top 6, while Monahan has only 1 assist in 6 games and has been demoted to the Flames 4th line.

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
Seattle should decline, McCann is Seattle’s leading point scorer and is in the Kraken top 6, while Monahan has only 1 assist in 6 games and has been demoted to the Flames 4th line.
I didn't realize McCann was playing so good.

I didn't make a specific proposal because everyone will just reject it.

It is in everyone's best interest to send the Sea Monster home though...

So help make it happen, know-it-alls

lol

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
McCann is also 2 years younger than Monahan, makes 2.9M this year and is a pending RFA (arbitration eligible).
Monahan is struggling under Darryl Sutter’s system and is not looking too appealing in a flat cap environment at the moment, maybe Monahan could turn it around with a different team but Calgary might have to eat some of Sean’s cap hit in order to move him.

The Kraken are also loaded with players that can play center on the current roster and or healing injuries that will eventually return to the lineup, so that’s another reason why Seattle should decline the OP’s offer.

Seattle doesn’t really even need to make any player trades right now, if they do make a move it should be for draft capital to build the roster up with prospects if an opportunity presents itself to GM Francis.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The Flames shouldn't be trying to deal Monahan right now. He has no value. Need to wait for his play to improve. Similar to what the Blues are seeing with Tarasenko. If he keeps playing like he is all of a sudden you'll have lots of teams interested. If he doesn't it sucks for us, but we got some good years out of him.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Monahan is not a great hockey player and his value dives with every game he plays. He used to be ok but the last couple of years he has been sucking ass, big time. IMO, with his salary, he is a borderline cap dump.

... and, no, I am not an Oiler fan that dumps on all Flames players... only Monahan and Hanafin I feel are vastly overrated. I would take all of these guys on my team every day of the week... Mangiapane, Lindholm, Dube, Tanev and Gaudreau.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Would a deal around Schmaltz for Monahan make sense to Flames fans? Extra 3 years to Schmaltz 's contact but he's been better than Monahan on a crappy Coyotes team the last 2 seasons. Could work out for both parties.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Monahan is not a great hockey player and his value dives with every game he plays. He used to be ok but the last couple of years he has been sucking ass, big time. IMO, with his salary, he is a borderline cap dump.

... and, no, I am not an Oiler fan that dumps on all Flames players... only Monahan and Hanafin I feel are vastly overrated. I would take all of these guys on my team every day of the week... Mangiapane, Lindholm, Dube, Tanev and Gaudreau.

I tend to agree...

At this point, if a team is willing to take on Monahan's salary, Calgary might be wise to let him go for nothing and put the cap space to better use

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Sean Monahan dealt with a significant injury from game 6 onwards last season, had offseason surgery, skated in just two preseason games, and is playing on a line with Lucic and Lewis to get up to speed to start the year. Sure, his value is at an all time low, but he's a much better player than he is getting credit for. He's incredibly underrated at this time.

Put him in a position to succeed and he will. Skill players need skill to play with. It's that simple.

Vegas, Minnesota, Seattle, Montreal, etc.. should be all over Monahan.

Last edited:

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Sean Monahan dealt with a significant injury from game 6 onwards last season, had offseason surgery, skated in just two preseason games, and is playing on a line with Lucic and Lewis to get up to speed to start the year. Sure, his value is at an all time low, but he's a much better player than he is getting credit for. He's incredibly underrated at this time.

Put him in a position to succeed and he will. Skill players need skill to play with. It's that simple.

Vegas, Minnesota, Seattle, Montreal, etc.. should be all over Monahan.

Habs might take a flyer on Monahan indeed if Bergevin feels there's a need for a major roster shakeup up front. Monahan for Drouin straight up?

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Habs might take a flyer on Monahan indeed if Bergevin feels there's a need for a major roster shakeup up front. Monahan for Drouin straight up?

I just don't see the fit with Drouin in Calgary with Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Mangiapane here.

Calgary needs a top nine right handed shot which Montreal has in spades.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014

If Seattle is willing to take Monahan and give up a top prospect and a first round pick, that CGY then uses in a package for Eichel, by all means. Lets do it.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
McCann is also 2 years younger than Monahan, makes 2.9M this year and is a pending RFA (arbitration eligible).
he also has a career high of 35 points and has been traded numerous times. Hes also listed as a winger.

Y'all out of your minds, and not even touching on CGY's needs right now. Prospect and picks for Monahan, that would be flipped with additional top quality assets for Eichel, would be the only way he goes to Seattle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad