HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Reactions: RAFI BOMB

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
You guys will love him.

I have Kitchener Rangers season tickets and he is by far the most improved player from his draft year to last year. Our seats are front row behind the Rangers bench and I can tell you that he is the vocal leader on the team. The team didn’t name a captain but had him and Carson Rehkopf as the two players who would take the ceremonial face offs.

In his draft year he was a big, physical bottom pair defenceman who I assumed would not even get drafted. He handled the puck like a grenade. Then last year in his D+1 season he gained confidence and went from being a bottom pair defender to a top pair. He was partnered with Hunter Brzustewicz all season and he had a 92 point season. He did so well and was able to jump up in the play a lot because of how good that Andonovski was defensively.

Andonovski maxed his fighting totals in both of the last two seasons. His penalty minutes would be higher if the OHL didn’t have a cap on fights. His biggest difference is was that in his draft year had a lot of retaliation penalties. If someone shoved him after the whistle and got a penalty he always had to shove them back. This past season he was able to walk away from those situations.

A quick story to show how loved he is by his teammates;
It was at the start of the season, maybe 10 games in and Kitchener was up by 6 or 7 in the third period. There was less than 10 minutes left in the game. Kitchener got a power play and Motew (overage defenceman who plays second PP) hops over the bench for the face off. The coach calls him back and points down the bench and says and points and says go out there. Now there is confusion on the defence and Andonovski said “Me?” and was pointing to himself. The coach walks over and tell him to go out there. He hops over the boards and had the biggest ear to ear smile on his face. He was in his third OHL season and has never had one second of power play time yet. The players in the bench were all cheering and kicking the boards and yelling for him to score. Power play happens and I forget who passed him the puck but they set him up for a one timer from the point and he hit the post with it. All of the players on the bench were so into that power play for him and when the shot rang off the post they all were collectively had this big sigh. They were cheering for him so much.

Heading into this season he will be one of the top dencemen in the OHL. Kitchener have lost a lot of veteran defencemen and he will play a gigantic role. It should be a rebuilding year and he should get traded at the deadline. He will bring back a massive haul. A big and physical defender who has great leadership skills will always be very sought after come trade deadline time. There should be a bidding war for him. He could be the second power play defencemen on the team as well.

If you asked me a year ago I would have told you that he has no NHL future. Fast forward to current time and I can see him being a bottom pair shut down defender. He plays a very simple game that will adapt to the pros easier. He is a fan favourite here in Kitchener. I believe he will be able to play more of a physical game in the pros when he is playing against men and not teenagers.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
You guys will love him.

I have Kitchener Rangers season tickets and he is by far the most improved player from his draft year to last year. Our seats are front row behind the Rangers bench and I can tell you that he is the vocal leader on the team. The team didn’t name a captain but had him and Carson Rehkopf as the two players who would take the ceremonial face offs.

In his draft year he was a big, physical bottom pair defenceman who I assumed would not even get drafted. He handled the puck like a grenade. Then last year in his D+1 season he gained confidence and went from being a bottom pair defender to a top pair. He was partnered with Hunter Brzustewicz all season and he had a 92 point season. He did so well and was able to jump up in the play a lot because of how good that Andonovski was defensively.

Andonovski maxed his fighting totals in both of the last two seasons. His penalty minutes would be higher if the OHL didn’t have a cap on fights. His biggest difference is was that in his draft year had a lot of retaliation penalties. If someone shoved him after the whistle and got a penalty he always had to shove them back. This past season he was able to walk away from those situations.

It was at the start of the season, maybe 10 games in and Kitchener was up by 6 or 7 in the third period. There was less than 10 minutes left in the game. Kitchener got a power play and Motew (overage defenceman who plays second PP) hops over the bench for the face off. The coach calls him back and points down the bench and says and points and says go out there. Now there is confusion on the defence and Andonovski said “Me?” and was pointing to himself. The coach walks over and tell him to go out there. He hops over the boards and had the biggest ear to ear smile on his face. He was in his third OHL season and has never had one second of power play time yet. The players in the bench were all cheering and kicking the boards and yelling for him to score. Power play happens and I forget who passed him the puck but they set him up for a one timer from the point and he hit the post with it. All of the players on the bench were so into that power play for him and when the shot rang off the post they all were collectively had this big sigh. They were cheering for him so much.

Heading into this season he will be one of the top dencemen in the OHL. Kitchener have lost a lot of veteran defencemen and he will play a gigantic role. It should be a rebuilding year and he should get traded at the deadline. He will bring back a massive haul. A big and physical defender who has great leadership skills will always be very sought after come trade deadline time. There should be a bidding war for him. He could be the second power play defencemen on the team as well.

If you asked me a year ago I would have told you that he has no NHL future. Fast forward to current time and I can see him being a bottom pair shut down defender. He plays a very simple game that will adapt to the pros easier. He is a fan favourite here in Kitchener. I believe he will be able to play more of a physical game in the pros when he is playing against men and not teenagers.
That’s awesome thanks for sharing

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
You guys will love him.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad