Senators ranked 19th in NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
1726169459452.gif

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I find the difference between their writeup for NJ vs the Sens pretty striking.

NJ - A 25 pts bump is totally reasonable expectation! completely overhauled their goaltending! and will be a completely different team if Hughes Hamilton and Hisher can play 75+ games! Theres also a new head Coach bump!

Ottawa - Well, if Ullmark looks like a true #1 goalie this year they should be scraping by (ignores his league leading .922 sv% over the last 5 seasons, and vezina), ignores that Norris missed more time than Hughes and Hishier combined, Pinto missed 41 to a suspension, Chabot 29, probably don't even realize that Stu was playing through a wrist injury that hampered him from game 4. Oh, and no head coach bump for us? Weird.

I'm not saying they should have us ahead of NJD, but where the two teams are more alike than different imo. Their addition of Pesce though is solid though.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley

NJ - A 25 pts bump is totally reasonable expectation! completely overhauled their goaltending! and will be a completely different team if Hughes Hamilton and Hisher can play 75+ games! Theres also a new head Coach bump!

Ottawa - Well, if Ullmark looks like a true #1 goalie this year they should be scraping by (ignores his league leading .922 sv% over the last 5 seasons, and vezina), ignores that Norris missed more time than Hughes and Hishier combined, Pinto missed 41 to a suspension, Chabot 29, probably don't even realize that Stu was playing through a wrist injury that hampered him from game 4. Oh, and no head coach bump for us? Weird.

I'm not saying they should have us ahead of NJD, but where the two teams are more alike than different imo. Their addition of Pesce though is solid though.
NJ at 5 is nutty.

Reactions: albator71

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Who is Ryan Dixon of Sportsnet?

Is he a "somebody" or a "nobody"?

The material he wrote looks like a Hockey Writers' quick attempt to write a short article with limited knowledge 0f the subject matter.

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Uh why are the Habs so low, I've been told they're going to be a wagon this season?
They certainly are to the Toilet Seat Nation.

The fanbase with great predictions such as Gui Latandresse will be a Hall of Famer. Mathieu Garon will be a great NHL goalie for a long time. And that's just 2 people I know that are Habs fans. Then there's the insanity you see on line like Xjekraj > Sanderson, etc. etc. etc.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
They certainly are to the Toilet Seat Nation.

The fanbase with great predictions such as Gui Latandresse will be a Hall of Famer. Mathieu Garon will be a great NHL goalie for a long time. And that's just 2 people I know that are Habs fans. Then there's the insanity you see on line like Xjekraj > Sanderson, etc. etc. etc.

I knew several Habs fans when I lived in MTL that swore that Galchenyuk was the next Malkin. LOL.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
There are at least two or three teams ahead of them that they could surpass. They got close the last two seasons with plenty of injuries & shit goaltending/defence. If they can stay healthy some of the teams at the top are going to start floundering & they just need to win more against the teams they are suppose to beat.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
I find it very hard to predict but if we can stay reasonably healthy and Ullmark delivers we should make it I think.

91 points or .555 point% was enough for Washington last year (detroit had same points but missed out) it may take a few more points this year but around 95 points and .58 point% likely will be enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad