Proposal: Senators - Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Barness01

Jan 28, 2016
Since when does Jesse have this kinda value? Seems like WAYYY too much from Ottawa, and I'm an Oilers fan.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Sens receive: Jesse Puljujarvi

Oilers receive: Cody Ceci, Colin White, an unprotected 2017 1st and a 2nd.

Sens don't have any forwards in their system with elite potential, Oilers will finally have a solid blue line plus they add two good prospects

Without even addressing the value, the Oilers can't make this trade. Their RW is empty.

Also, OP, where exactly is Pool-party playing in Ottawa? is Ryan switching to LW or are one of Stone/Ryan moving down to the third line?

Horribly thought out trade from what I can see.

Not that is justifies the trade proposal, but Ottawa had a line of Brassard with Ryan and Stone during the last game. They have a wing spot open and could accommodate a left or right winger into the lineup if needed.

and ... in away games Boucher has shown a preference for spreading out his scorers to stop teams being able to match up against one or two lines. Stone played most of their Western-Canada road trip with Smith and JGP.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Oilers are in no need to do a quality for quantity deal.. OTT probably giving up too much but this would be a No from Edmonton.

Yeah, I have been hearing that for the last 6 years :)

The benefit for Ottawa on this trade is that it allows them to protect Methot, who is almost certainly gone to LV.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Is it really though? I wouldn't trade Adam Larsson for that package either. :laugh:

Imo Its substantially more, and I think 99.9% of other fanbases would take Ceci White an unprotected 1st and a 2nd over Larsson.

I dont think the deal in the op makes sense for either team however

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
This deal is actually taking from our biggest area of weakness and adding to our second biggest strength.

The Oilers really need skilled wingers who can play with their 3 centermen, not to mention ones on their ELC and expansion exempt. One the other hand Ceci is yet another 3-4 defender and a first and second isn't terribly appealing to a team that has spent a decade stockpiling picks and is now finally showing signs of exiting a rebuild.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Value wise it's good for us.

But this takes a huge need away from us and McDavids future RWer who has the skillset to be a perfect match with him.

Can't see us trading Pulju.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad