Low Effort GDT Senators in La Belle Province to beat up some scrubs | Tuesday October 1st, 2024, 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
How do you know the system isn't that different? Are you on the ice during practice?

Even changing how the dmen pinch, jump up in the play, how deep he wants the centers to play. All of these things can have a big impact on how the players read the play, and it's unrealistic to expect no growing pains.
We need a strong start this season. Do you think we're gonna suddenly flip a switch?
I appreciate you're patience, but it's hard to feel any confidence thus far.

Reactions: ThreeMs

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Progress in 4 pre-season games where they have a whole new system isn't going to be showing up anytime soon.

Realistically, one should not necessarily expect much until at least 20 games in, truth be told. There's only oh so much you can do with the start of the season.

If Ottawa gets 10-10 by the end of a 20 game stretch, I'd call that progress.

I'm all for progress. I'm all for them getting off on the right foot. But that's what pre-season games are for: looking at the warts and trying to iron out the wrinkles.

Any individual player progress would be welcomed too. Especially from the core guys.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Montreal doesn't have a new coaching staff with a new system.
The problem isn't the system. The problem is the players. They need to get their heads out of their asses and start playing like a team. Too many single player efforts and not enough supporting each other or looking for support from one another. These are bad habits. Allowing these bad habits to continue for tonight, and the next and next and next games will not bode well for us. Now is the time to impart good habits and bring them into the regular season. This is a team that's supposed to have worked hard this off season. I don't currently see that. They didn't work hard between the ears.

Reactions: Cosmix and senswon

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Carleton Place, ON
Any individual player progress would be welcomed too. Especially from the core guys.
I wouldn't disagree with this sentiment. The core guys need to take a step forward for sure.

All players get an off game. They're all in pre season mode.

---

Welp. Stu's gonna need a new nose it seems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad