LeBrun: Senators have "kicked tires" on Jakob Chychrun

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
2023 unprotected first
Ridley Greig
2024 senators second

These are the must be included pieces in the deal. We’re still light on return for Chychrun imo, and it’s not a complimentary piece like Thomson/Jarventie away.

I think you are looking at a bit less than an Eichel return. No health issues on Chych, Arizona not forced in the least to sell him, very palatable contract (would like more term but that AAV is awesome).

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
Logically Sanderson would have to be part of the deal otherwise you're spending a tremendous amount of assets on a defenseman who is either playing shit minutes or is playing on their off-hand.

This...
Chabot - xxxx
Chychrun - xxxx
Sanderson - xxxx
...is stupid.
Logically Sanderson isn't going to be in any deal

Reactions: xVolchenkov

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Logically Sanderson would have to be part of the deal otherwise you're spending a tremendous amount of assets on a defenseman who is either playing shit minutes or is playing on their off-hand.

This...
Chabot - xxxx
Chychrun - xxxx
Sanderson - xxxx
...is stupid.
Why would it be logical for Ottawa to trade Sanderson who is going to be better than Chycrun + other assets for 3 years of Chycrun who likely will goto FA and get a gazzillion dollars from some GM ?

Reactions: xVolchenkov

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Why would it be logical for Ottawa to trade Sanderson who is going to be better than Chycrun + other assets for 3 years of Chycrun who likely will goto FA and get a gazzillion dollars from some GM ?
It would be logical that this rumor is stupid for the reasons provided. Expand your mind.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Eichel is a franchise talent.

I’m not sure how Chychrun can come even close to that.

Doesn't make sense for Ottawa, would be a mistake given the price to pay and they need a RHD.

This still concerns me.

I’ve heard he can play on the right but how big is the sample of games?

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Eichel is a franchise talent.

I’m not sure how Chychrun can come even close to that.
I’m probably off in my assessment in that regard but Arizona not being forced to sell him and not coming off of surgery has to level the trade value doesn’t it?

Reactions: Dominance

davalanche96

Jul 15, 2005
Canada
Chyrchrun is a great player, but his injuries and the fact he is walking to UFA in 3 years dont make him that valuable. Chabot isnt even that valuable. I like Chycrhun alot but there are some things holding back his value.

Grieg, Bernard-Docker, 2nd rounder and Zaitsev should be close to the value thats fair for both sides.

He is a great player but they need someone with size that plays RD. The sens D core is too small and soft in the top 4. They have puck transporters in Chabot, Sanderson, Brannstrom and Thomson. Manson would have actually been perfect. What an incredible value signing for your Avalanche.
I’m Avs and Ott fan, I’m from Gatineau .

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Leaf fans insecurities showing in thread after thread. They add a D man they have a pretty legitimate shot, if they dont I think you are right. This is likely a playoff team, would have depth, speed, size and skill. As a top 9 there probalby isnt a team with as much depth. The third line will be one the best third lines in the league.

Debrincat - Stutzle - Giroux
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - Joseph
Kelly - Kasatelic - Watson
Gambrell - Sokolov

Chabot - Chychrun
Sanderson - Zub
Holden - Hamonic
Brannstrom/Bernard-Docker - Thomson

Talbot
Forsberg
Soogard

I think a deal around Grieg, Brannstrom/Bernard-Docker, Zaitsev and Wash 2nd 2024 is good framework for Chychrun.

There's a lot of potential there. However, the starting goaltender in your lineup is average at best and is in his mid 30's. The backup, who is better, has 100 games in the NHL. The defense is hoping that a 20 year old rookie can come in and make an impact on the 2nd pairing. The bit about the third line being one of the best third lines in the league with a center who's played all of 17 NHL games so far is optimistic, but I do like the wings on that line.

You gotta walk before you can run and I think the Senators have vastly improved but still have a season or two of growing up for their young players before they make a push to the playoffs.

Reactions: Akrapovince

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
If Ottawa can somehow get him for a top 3 protected first and a 2nd+3rd I think they really should do it.

After this summer I think they're at a point where they need to trade out picks.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
There's a lot of potential there. However, the starting goaltender in your lineup is average at best and is in his mid 30's. The backup, who is better, has 100 games in the NHL. The defense is hoping that a 20 year old rookie can come in and make an impact on the 2nd pairing. The bit about the third line being one of the best third lines in the league with a center who's played all of 17 NHL games so far is optimistic, but I do like the wings on that line.

You gotta walk before you can run and I think the Senators have vastly improved but still have a season or two of growing up for their young players before they make a push to the playoffs.
Like others have said, if we can’t keep pace with Boston without Charlie and Marchand we are toast.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Pinto was a stud in his first 10 games then was the best player in camp, then suffered a really unfortunate injury. He's going to surprise some people, he is probably the best player on that third line. You witnessed Mcavoy come in and play top 3 minutes out of college in the playoffs. Sanderson is a similar level prospect that is a year older and would be a number 4 D man in a scenario they get Chychrun. Neither player is being given a huge role. Its very ideal for their development actually. They are the two best prospects on the team and in the system. Id be nervous if I was a Boston fan too given the injuries they have to start with how they are pressed against the cap and the uncertainty of Bergeron playing.

Merc29

Sid ney Cr os by
Jul 3, 2006
Minot, ND
Love how people in this thread think Arizona will give away Chychrun for free. I remember the asking price was extremely high to being with, something more than 3 1st at the deadline last season. If you’re going to try to get him, it’ll cost you. If the Sens think Sanderson is already better than Chychrun, then there is no need to go after him. But if they are “kicking the tires”, it’s going to be a lot

Reactions: The don godfather

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
2023 1st (top 2 protected)
2024 2nd (better of Ottawa or Washington)
Ridley Grieg
Zaitsev

That is more than we gave up for Debrincat

Swap out the 2nd with JBD. I think Coyotes would be willing to do max retention as well. Brings Chychrun down to 2.3 and less cash than Zaitsev would be owed this season as well.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Post Melnyk Sens seem to be on a good path, the kind propelled by jettisoning an anchor.

Good for Sens fans. Happy for them.

SnipeNCelly

Feb 24, 2019
If you get Chychrun I may have them at 2nd after the Oilers. They'd be close to the Leafs in the playoffs imo. Unfortunately that means likely not getting our of the first round maybe the 2nd.
Lol it’s like y’all forgot about Calgary being the best Canadian team last year . Even with Gaudreau gone I still think they finish around the same as last year

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Lol it’s like y’all forgot about Calgary being the best Canadian team last year . Even with Gaudreau gone I still think they finish around the same as last year

Calgary the best team? They got bounced by the Oilers who just got better and they Lost Geadreau. Guadreau was ap part of 40% of the flames goals and scored 13.6% of them.

They will certainly not be as good. They had 7 points more than the Oilers and Johnny is worth may more than 3.5 wins on the season.

Reactions: Rangers ftw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad