GDT: Senators' Final Preseason Weekend | Wings 'n' Habs | Friday and Saturday, 7PM

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The story in 3rd and short OT was yet again our defense.

Kleven/JBD/Yak were very good. Our best players. I cant look past those two weak goals by Forsberg. He was solid otherwise.

I forgot to mention Gaudette, he was clearly the best offensive threat out there for us. He also looks more mature(?) vs his last time here with us. Looks like a guy who potted 40+ in AHL last year. I think his defense can hold. He and Jenik are neck and neck for that final spot.

tkachuk-stutzle-giroux
perron-norris-bath
greig-pinto-amadio
cousins-gregor-jenik/gaudette

I feel like bottom 6 and goaltending could be our strongest areas next year.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Woooohooooo f*** off Chicken Wings!! Gregor has been sneaky good, Gaudette deserves it over MacEwen but maybe neither makes it since my boy Yakemchuk (2 points) is making the team and JBD showed maybe we carry 8 D.

Boucher, the first half you could see a player who hasn’t played hockey for 2 years, but then showed glipmse of his potential for which he was picked. He played pesky (5 hits) and moved his feet and it paid dividends. He needs to get reps in the AHL playing a simple game catering to his strengths. He should watch some Greig videos.

Kleven has looked good this camp. Ideally, Sandy-Yakemchuk becomes a thing, leaving Jensen with Kleven and Chabot finally getting Zub to help his game.

Sebrango has been sneaky good, nice to see him with a goal.

Yakemchuk is really a star in the making. Internet scouts were way off, he looks as good as his highlight reels. Making Staios look like a genius.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Tidy 2 points for Yak!

That's a determined effort, team just kept playing.
Both goals don't happen without him. Crisp, very quick pass under pressure across the ice to give Greig time for days and then that highly documented pass in OT. I am actually amazed by his vision and passing ability.

I don't think they ever did.

Yea, he just played better.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Woooohooooo f*** off Chicken Wings!! Gregor has been sneaky good, Gaudette deserves it over MacEwen but maybe neither makes it since my boy Yakemchuk (2 points) making the team and JBD showed maybe we carry 8 D.

Boucher, the first half you could see a player who hasn’t played hockey for 2 years, but then showed glipmse of his potential for which he picked. He was pesky.

Sebrango has been sneaky good, nice to see him with a goal.

Yakemchuk is really a star in the making. Internet scouts were way off, he looks as good as his highlight reels. Making Staios look like a genius.

Geez alright man, here's my internet scout badge and gun. Take 'em and get off my ass!

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Nice of the boys to take it easy on them with the early penalties. Didn't want them to goon it up until it was too late.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Never say never & it ain't over until it's over. Great come back by the Sens tonight from mostly an AHL team.

Seven Young Guys who have impressed me during the preseason:
Yakemchuk - has showed an impressive skillset & IQ & seems to have a knack of collecting pts. Still needs to return to junior IMO, but he definitely has earned a few NHL games.

Ostapchuk - will likely start the season in Belleville, but has clearly shown his speed, his rugged play, good defensively & hard to play against, hits & we know can drop the gloves, he's almost ready.

Boucher - is faster than expected, seems to be regaining his confidence, has an NHL wrist shot, seems to handle the puck well & can make plays, is another wide body who can wear down opposition players.

Halliday - another guy who is close & really just need a few more reps, a little more experience in the AHL & put on a little more muscle.

Kleven - both Kleven & JBD are not flashy, just steady & solid, both have been very good defensively.

Greig - he's been great during these preseason games getting under the other team's skin & he looks poised to have a good yr on the PK & hopefully an addition of pts.

Reactions: Micklebot

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Red Winhs fan checking in. I didn’t watch the game but I’m pumped to see sebrango scored for you guys.

How has he developed since moving over to Ottawa?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad