GDT: Senators' Final Preseason Weekend | Wings 'n' Habs | Friday and Saturday, 7PM

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The boy needs more games under his belt before he can be assessed properly. Hopefully he's healthy for this entire ahl season.
All I want to see from him in the AHL is physical hockey and defensive play including the PK. He isn't making the NHL on offense, he needs to have a non-stop motor and be on the right side of the puck.

Reactions: Speatleysson

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Games only 2 periods done but I have been watching intently and some observations:

Yak is the real deal. What I've been most impressed is his IQ and first pass. Just tremendous weight and timing on his passes. Whoever will flank him on the PP will score a lot of goals because he fakes the shot and drops off a perfect pass sublimly. Hasn't looked out of place defensively at all.

Kleven is going to be a difference for us--in the sense that he will be a key in our identity. Looks like a veteran out there.

JBD has impressed. A step below Yak, though, no doubt.

You can see the potential in Halliday. Needs another season in AHL and I feel this time next year he'll be raising some eyebrows.

I think Jenik's has that last roster spot locked up. His line is contiously a threat with Reinhardt and Gregor. Rein is also impressing and will definitely get games. He has impressed consistently in his showings in pre-season. Jenik provides a bit of everything and has that pesty attitude that will fit very well with Gregor and Cousins. It'll be a great and dependable line for us. I see Cole possibly pushing Jenik out if his skating doesn't keep him up.

I don't see the issue with Boucher.. at all. He hasn't stood out, if you expect a top 6, but he's been very, very solid in the fundementals. His passes have been crisp, his decision making solid, and he has been as fluid as any player out there. If he continues to play like that and progresses a bit, he'll have a bottom 6 NHL career.

Not impressed with my boy Crookshank. Don't think he'll have a shot here with Janik and Ostap ahead of him and now Cole Reinhardt as well.

Defense has been the story for us this game, though, with Kleven, Yak, JBD and--towards latter half--Addison being the most notable players for us.

We are shot for depth offensively. We need to replish the cupboards.

Last edited:

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
The boy needs more games under his belt before he can be assessed properly. Hopefully he's healthy for this entire ahl season.
So far he's been playing with Halliday and they both don't play an aggressive game.... boucher appears to be a meat and potatoes player..Lazer the sequel
Rather see ostapchuk play with Halliday

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I've liked JBD and Kleven, obviously Yakemchuk has looked pretty good too.

Sebrango has been alright, Roos and Addison are not good. Roos is so slow.

Gregor has shown some good speed
Halliday need more time, but he's got potential.
Haven't noticed Jenik much since the incident
Ostapchuk is just there, need more from him in a game like this.

Reactions: Icelevel

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Btw, Sens have tried Kleven-Yak together out there and they've looked really solid and towering.

Yak's decision making and passing ability make him a threat even with minimal ice-time. I could see him making it really tough for us to send him down even with Zub healthy.

Hamonic's revived play this pre-season might make it easier for us to send Yak down because Yak's clearly a step better than JBD.

Reactions: BigRig4

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Btw, Sens have tried Kleven-Yak together out there and they've looked really solid and towering.

Yak's decision making and passing ability make him a threat even with minimal ice-time. I could see him making it really tough for us to send him down even with Zub healthy.

Hamonic's revived play this pre-season might make it easier for us to send Yak down because Yak's clearly a step better than JBD.
They'll send Yak down, it's just a matter of whether he gets some games first. To much rides on developing him properly to rush him.

Reactions: BigRig4

Stutzlaaaa

Dec 18, 2021
This game showed us a lot of things so still worth it.

Yak is legit Top 4/2 in the futur and already our top prospect by far .Big news for our D core longterm.
Saying this even if we take into consideration that our prospect pool really suck probably bottom 5 in the league.

Boucher and Crook probably that's it for NHL hopes.
Ostapchuk is close but I think still need few games in the Ahl to fix some things
Frosberg is still meh and gives us no sign of being better than last year

Reactions: Icelevel

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Games only 2 periods done but I have been watching intently and some observations:

Yak is the real deal. What I've been most impressed is his IQ and first pass. Just tremendous weight and timing on his passes. Whoever will flank him on the PP will score a lot of goals because he fakes the shot and drops off a perfect pass sublimly. Hasn't looked out of place defensively at all.

Kleven is going to be a difference for us--in the sense that he will be a key in our identity. Looks like a veteran out there.

JBD has impressed. A step below Yak, though, no doubt.

You can see the potential in Halliday. Needs another season in AHL and I feel this time next year he'll be raising some eyebrows.

I think Jenik's has that last roster spot locked up. His line is contiously a threat with Reinhardt and Gregor. Rein is also impressing and will definitely get games. He has impressed consistently in his showings in pre-season. Jenik provides a bit of everything and has that pesty attitude that will fit very well with Gregor and Cousins. It'll be a great and dependable line for us. I see Cole possibly pushing Jenik out if his skating doesn't keep him up.

I don't see the issue with Boucher.. at all. He hasn't stood out, if you expect a top 6, but he's been very, very solid in the fundementals. His passes have been crisp, his decision making solid, and he has been as fluid as any player out there. If he continues to play like that and progresses a bit, he'll have a bottom 6 NHL career.

Not impressed with my boy Crookshank. Don't think he'll have a shot here with Janik and Ostap ahead of him and now Cole Reinhardt as well.

Defense has been the story for us this game, though, with Kleven, Yak, JBD and--towards latter half--Addison being the most notable players for us.

We are shot for depth offensively. We need to replish the cupboards.
It would seem Jenik and Reinhardt have some chemistry which was very evident when they played together against TML. Wonder if that will be a consideration if call-ups are needed due to injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad