GDT: Senators' Final Preseason Weekend | Wings 'n' Habs | Friday and Saturday, 7PM

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
usatsi_24377649.jpg

OTTAWA SENATORS VS DETROIT RED WINGS & MONTREAL CANADIENS
FRIDAY OCTOBER 4TH | SATURDAY OCTOBER 5TH, 2024, 7PM
With two games in two days this weekend and nothing on the line, I figured we don't need two different GDTs. So here is one thread to discuss both games.

Reactions: DrEasy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
How does that roster meet the requirements of a preseason game? It seems it has only 5 NHL level players on it. Did we get a "Bettman 'Vegas' Blessing" to do this?

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Did Greig piss in someone's cornflakes? Seems like he drew the short straw when one more regular/vet was needed

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Did Greig piss in someone's cornflakes? Seems like he drew the short straw when one more regular/vet was needed
I'd imagine that given he is already in the NHL lineup, there was no need to fan the flame against the Habs tomorrow. Not worth the potential of both teams getting riled up and more injuries.

Reactions: Emrasie

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I'd imagine that given he is already in the NHL lineup, there was no need to fan the flame against the Habs tomorrow. Not worth the potential of both teams getting riled up and more injuries.
Exactly, expect Xhekaj to sit as well.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Tonight's Game Lineup Guessetimate:
Highmore - Greig - Gaudette - Pilon could play centre inbetween these two Fs in Belleville
Crookshank - Ostapchuk - Hodgeson - could be a Belleville line
Reinhardt - Halliday - Boucher - could be a Belleville line
Gregor - Jenik - MacEwan - could be Otts 4th line

Sebrango - Yakemchuk
Kleven - JBD - could be Otts 3rd pairing
Roos - Addison

Forsberg - Tokarski

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I could see them trying Kleven - Addison at least for a bit... JBD has not really shown a whole lot of improvement thus far... looks stagnant from last year, which is... not so great.

Who knows though
JBD is still better than Hamonic and Addison.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I could see them trying Kleven - Addison at least for a bit... JBD has not really shown a whole lot of improvement thus far... looks stagnant from last year, which is... not so great.

Who knows though
I doubt that, they have Hamonic RD signed for aother yr & JBD RD has been constantly improving his defensive play & is signed for next yr. People don't notice it because he doesn't play with any flash, but he does block shots, is good positionally, has a good stick, hits & occassionally will drop the mitts.

My guess is that Addison could end up on the farm team in Belleville, although I'm not really sure he would make that AHL team either. We'll see both Addison & JBD tonight & get a better idea of who is ahead of who on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad